How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Behind the Lens
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

19-09-2011
V.I.P.

Part II

by me

28-10-2011
fashion insider

"In The Jeans"
US VOGUE June 1997
Photographer: Steven Meisel
Model: Carolyn Murphy
Fashion Editor: Paul Cavaco
Hair: Jimmy Paul
Make-up: James Kaliardos

James moonlights as a stylish street urchin in this ed...

Posted by pipoca via bwgreyscale / archive.org

fashion insider

" Fat, Old or Dated? "
Harper's Bazaar December 2001
Photographer: Alex Cayley
Model: Erin O'Connor

ellastica scans

fashion insider

Don't Give Up the Desk Job
THE FACE November 1995
Photographer: Inez Van Lamsweerde
Models: Susan Cianciolo, Rita Ackermann, Chloe Sevingy, Susan & Daryl Kerrigan
Stylist: Vinoodh Matadin
Hair: Danilo

GinAndTonic scans

fashion insider

"Fée d'hiver"
Vogue Paris October 2003
Model: Elise Crombez
Photographer: David Sims
Stylist: Marie-Amélie Sauvé
Hair: Luigi Murenu
Makeup: James Kaliardos
Manicure: Baptiste
Source: herfamedgoodlooks

Posted by BerlinRocks

fashion insider

"No Pain, No Gain"
US VOGUE March 2004
Photographer: Helmut Newton
Model: Daria Werbowy
Stylist: Phyllis Posnick
Hair: Recine
Source: dariaw.onsugar.com

Posted by burbuja8910

fashion insider

" Knee High"
US VOGUE July 2003
Models: Elise Crombez & Leticia Birkheuer
Stylist: Phyllis Posnick
Hair: Recine
Source: imcmagazine

Posted by burbuja8910

fashion insider

W Magazine March 2012
Photographer: Santiago & Mauricio
Model: Heather Marks
Beauty Editor: Jane Larkworthy
Stylist: Patrick Mackie
Hair: Teddy Charles
source(s)santiagoandmauricio.com

Posted by ellastica

-exclusive- scan

V.I.P.

US Vogue May 2012
Photographer:
Mario Testino
Stylist: Tonne Goodman
Star: Scarlett Johansson
Make-Up: James Kaliardos
Hair: Oribe

vogue.com

V.I.P.

Vogue Italia February 1999
New SeasonModels: Malgosia Bela, Hannelore Knutz (?), ....
Ph: Steven Klein
Styling: Karl Templer

by me

27-06-2012
V.I.P.

US Vogue September 1995
Lady In Red
Photo Inez & Vinoodh Editor Anne Christensen Model Christina Kruse
Hair Danilo Makeup James Kaliardos

Scanned by me

V.I.P.

US Vogue September 1995
The Swing Set
Photo Ellen Von Unwerth Editor Anne Christensen Models Trish Goff & Kristen McMenamy
Hair Sam McKnight Makeup James Kaliardos

Scanned by me

In other words

Rodarte S/S 2013
Hair: Odile Gilbert
Nails: Michelle Huynh

Quote:
More Dungeons & Dragons, Less Kim Kardashian, Backstage At Rodarte
September 12, 2012

“A modern-medieval face” is what the tip sheet James Kaliardos was passing around to his team backstage at Rodarte said, but there was more to it than that, of course. “The collection feels Dungeons & Dragons to me, not Joan of Arc,” Kaliardos elaborated, referencing the austerity of old religious paintings and “getting rid of the Kim Kardashian look—forever.”

That meant skipping those familiar, heavily bronzed contours and focusing instead on a paled-out complexion that was treated with NARS Skin Optimal Brightening Concentrate and a light-handed application of its Sheer Glow Foundation just in the center of the face, “because once it gets on the cheeks, it actually looks like foundation,” according to Kaliardos. There wasn’t much visible product on the face at all, really, save for NARS’ Triple X Lip Gloss, which was swathed onto mouths and eyelids and applied through girls’ brows as well, including show-opener Jessica Stam’s. “Can you fix me,” Stam beseeched Kaliardos, who added a little fullness, too, at the model’s request.

Odile Gilbert was working off the proportions of Kate and Laura Mulleavy’s designs. “When they showed me the clothes, I thought [the girls] needed something long,” Gilbert said, referring to the hair, which she made “strict and straight” to accommodate a dragon earring cuff clipped onto models’ left ears. “It’s like the girls are shaved,” she explained, slicking strands with Kérastase Ciment Thermique for a pre-blow-dry polish, and dividing them into three sections: two in back—one hanging straight down over the other—and one in front, which was combed all the way over to one side and coated with its Elixir Ultime for added shine.

The finishing touch came from the most conceptual neutral nail we’ve seen this week. “It took 200 man-hours,” CND manicurist Michelle Huynh said of the three-dimensional polish-on-polish basketweave tips that showcased a blended base of its varnishes in Desert Suede and Frosting Cream. Nude, it turns out, doesn’t necessarily mean boring.
Source: style.com, stylebistro.com

13-09-2012
In other words

Nicole Miller S/S 2013
Hair: Kevin Ryan
Nails: Candice Manacchio

Quote:
September 8, 2012
Backstage at Nicole Miller Spring 2013

James Kaliardos, for MAC, was inspired by technology and nature for the beauty look at Nicole Miller. The focal point was the eye, a “soft smoky” blend of four purple shades from MAC’s Spoiled Rich palette — launching in the spring — housed in “Archie”-comics-inspired packaging. “I’m trying to restrain myself this season,” said Kaliardos, who used Haute & Naughty Too Black on lashes. “I’m using color in a natural way.” To give skin contour and highlight, he utilized Prep + Prime Highlighter pens, Taupe Shape Blush, new for spring, and Mineralize Moisture SPF 15 Foundation, which launches in fall 2013. Lips were kept neutral, with Posh Tone Mineralize Lipstick, also new for fall 2013.

Hair was kept “futuristic and modern,” with a feeling of “things moving faster,” according to the lead stylist, Kevin Ryan, who parted hair in the center, then applied Aveda Volumizing Tonic before infusing two tight “Avatar”-referencing fishtails, which Ryan said “feel like zippers.” Hair that “wanted to fall” was pinned back, and the remaining style was straightened and left to fall along the neckline. “It’s a nod to graphics,” said Ryan, who used tiny black elastics from Ricky’s NYC to hold his intricate braids.

Nails were given a “galaxy glam manicure” by Candice Manacchio, lead artist of CND. Inspired by Eighties sci-fi geometric shapes and diamond patterns, Manacchio created a customized mint shade, which referenced Miller’s spring collection. That shade was given a holographic coating of Sapphire Sparkle effects polish, and white “stars” were added with a detail brush. The inverted diamond — created by uniting two French-manicure Vs — featured Black Jack and supershiny Air Dry topcoat. Manacchio said it took 40 hours to make the 22 sets used for the show.
Source: stylebistro.com, wwd.com

13-09-2012
In other words

Ruffian S/S 2013
Hair: Neil Moodie
Nails: Keri Blair

Quote:

18th-Century Meets Williamsburg Hipster at Ruffian Spring 2013
Posted by klaudiakaczmarekk September 08, 2012 2:30 pm

It’s only day three of New York Fashion Week and the trends are already building up. Yesterday at Rag & Bone, Global Artistic Director for Revlon and Fashion Week veteran, Gucci Westman, opted for bold brows as a major focal point of the makeup look. Now, it looks as though James Kaliardos got the statement arches memo. Backstage at Ruffian, James led the MAC Cosmetics team to create a look inspired by “a Bouchet painting from the eighteenth century and Williamsburg hipsters.” The models wore a soft gray shadow on the lid and plenty of contour on the cheeks to compliment the brows. The lips were painted with none other than two shades of MAC Ruffian Lipstick from the collaboration between the design house and makeup brand. Most of the models wore Ruffian Naked, while just a few models wore Ruffian Red.

Over in the hair department, Neil Moodie and his team of Bumble and Bumble stylists created a cool, rockabilly coif that meshed with the “couture meets street” collection perfectly. He started out by layering Bumble and Bumble Prep Spray and Styling Cream from roots to ends and power drying “so hair is a little matted and textured.” To create the fun pompadour, Neil dried the hair with a large bristle brush to get some height and back-combed the bangs for that rock and roll look. He stayed away from blowing it all the way through so hair isn’t too smooth at the ends. The sides were sleek so the pouf received all the attention.

Our favorite part of the look was definitely the nails created by Keri Blair for MAC Cosmetics. Models wore pink, blue, yellow, or white polish with nail “jewelry” on the ring and pinky nails. Keri glued small, gold filigree right on top of the color. “I actually sat and hand bent each filigree to fit the nail bed,” said Keri. “It took me two hours.” Just don’t go searching for the nail colors yet. The four shades with a subtle reflection are a new texture MAC is testing out. “We are hoping that they come to life at some point,” said Keri. Us, too!
Source: stylebistro.com, beautyhigh.com

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
artist, james, kaliardos, make