How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Behind the Lens
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

20-02-2008
V.I.P.

u think its exclusive

Russian Vogue oct 1998
( not the reprint but originally for ru vogue shot in russia/ this is one of 2 eds which Juergen made exclusively 2 ru vogue in russia. it was great time when vogue only appears in russia and there were great contributors and models inside)

The wood tale with Devon Aoki
styled by Venetia Scott
photographed by Juergen Teller

scanned by Alien Sex Friend

Last edited by Alien Sex Friend; 20-02-2008 at 03:52 PM.

20-02-2008
V.I.P.

^thanks

20-02-2008
V.I.P.

from artforum

Quote:
That the Juergen Teller event Thursday night at Lehmann Maupin Gallery was an art opening seemed beside the point. You heard it at Ruth Root’s opening at Andrew Kreps, and at Carrie Mae Weems’s at Jack Shainman: Those who were actually going were going for the promised sausages (served from an authentic cart with a Lufthansa umbrella) and to satisfy morbid curiosity about "the scene." After all, if you wanted to see the work, you might as well just open up a copy of Vogue. This is not to say the crowd was filled with major fashion players—it was Fashion Week, mind you. “People sent their assistants to check it out,” was one guest’s verdict.
Most of the photographs were placed on tables under glass. (“What is this—a new German thing?” artist Kathe Burkhart wondered, making reference to the similar layout of Wolfgang Tillmans’s recent show at Andrea Rosen Gallery.) Teller’s series of pictures shot in Kiev (commissioned by the Ukrainian pavilion of the 2007 Venice Biennale) was virtually indistinguishable from the other, more “Western” works: those of (and for) Marc Jacobs, Victoria Beckham, BjŲrk with inky linguine spilling from her mouth. There were many (Ukrainian?) breasts, some natural, some enhanced. Of the latter category, one work in particular caught people’s attention. “I like how one nipple points up and the other down,” Artforum’s Rhonda Lieberman said thoughtfully. “It makes it painterly.”
Film crews and photographers elbowed through, followed by young people dutifully jotting in notebooks. At one point, a fresh-faced Patrick McMullan cornered Teller for his “Party Flash” segment on Full Frontal Fashion.
“How many times did you go to the Ukraine?”
“Four.”
“You’re Dutch?”
“German.”
And later: “Do you have another country in mind?”
“No, not really. It was just an opportunity.” McMullan quickly made to hold Teller’s drink, as the artist fumbled with his cigarette pack. Teller lit up and inhaled, deep. And so it went until McMullan departed, and Teller began to lose patience with the crowd. He looked straight ahead, as one blonde scribe from W—the magazine whose fashion shoots Teller had taken as inspiration for his portrayal of Ukrainian life—beat around the bush, pen in hand, and then shouted over the din: “Are you going to the Marc Jacobs show tomorrow?” Teller rolled his eyes.
“Of course.”
“I don’t know, some people—”
That was the last straw. He mumbled something and wandered away, seeming to toss up his arms at the whole affair. It was a peculiar reaction for someone who had invited (the show’s press agent had noted one week prior) Anna Wintour, Mary-Louise Parker, Urs Fischer, Roni Horn, Gisele BŁndchen, Helmut Lang, Sofia Coppola, Dennis Freedman, Kim Gordon, and Thurston Moore. An eclectic list, to say the least, but one that guaranteed a certain number of flashbulbs, hangers-on, and tedious interviews. When Michael Stipe hobbled in on crutches—a “go-kart accident,” he said—one visitor slid a photograph of the REM front man from a thick envelope stuffed with celebrity portraits (he had clearly come prepared for the arrival of just about anyone) and handed it over to be signed.
Kyle Bentley

20-02-2008
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alien Sex Friend View Post
u think its exclusive

Russian Vogue oct 1998
( not the reprint but originally for ru vogue shot in russia/ this is one of 2 eds which Juergen made exclusively 2 ru vogue in russia. it was great time when vogue only appears in russia and there were great contributors and models inside)

what do you mean???
it's true i never really pay attention to vogue russia before simon robbins took it.... but basically, because i never saw it....
but do you mean before it used only to be released in Russia????

20-02-2008
V.I.P.

yeah as the ed which i just scanned and will post in few minutes
also artur elgort, terry richardson. mario testino were exclusive contributors for russian vogue
their shots were only for russian vogue and they weren`t reprint
it was really great when it was just a beginning

20-02-2008
front row

woww the devon aoki editorial is beautiful. it's very organic compared to teller's recent work and i like his collaboration with venetia scott, they really compliment eachother

20-02-2008
V.I.P.

^that`s typical teller`s work of that time

i think its more art-work that fashion ed, the pics looks like photos from Soviet Union Family`s album. so natural. i don`t know about others, but i`m really sick of all this polised glamour ( M&M , hell, you all) and also about trash-glam ( Juergen now) cause its the same thing but with "-" sign. i wanna see alive people on the photos and not photoshop.

another ed for russian vogue june/july 1999 shot in StPetersbourg

The last childhood`s summer

models: Lida Egorova, Olga Otrokhova

styling Venetia Scott
shot by Juergen Teller

scanned by Alien Sex Friend

Last edited by Alien Sex Friend; 20-02-2008 at 05:44 PM.
21-02-2008
V.I.P.

juergen has another campaign!
Emilio Pucci s/s 2008 feaut. Malgosia Bela

finally new photographer! i like i&V but they`ve got so much major campaigns this season and i think Juergen suits much more

extracted by me from emiliopucci.com

21-02-2008
V.I.P.

thanks

21-02-2008
backstage pass

I don't really like what he has done for Lacroix it looks cheap.But wow your scans are just great, it's good to see some of his old work.
Karma is on your way.....

26-02-2008
fashion elite

Jurgen, you work doesn't look as great in digital.
It seems ironically that reverting back to film is the way forward.

28-02-2008
trendsetter

Alien Sex Friend, thanks for posting the Russian Vogue 1999 shoot!
It's one of my favourites of all time - I had a postcard with one of those girls from ages, but i don't remember where I got it from.

28-02-2008
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hye Park Lover View Post
Jurgen, you work doesn't look as great in digital.
It seems ironically that reverting back to film is the way forward.
I was not aware he was using digital for anything - everything recent looks distinctively Zeiss Planar-esque.

I'm not still not clear as to why anyone shoots digital, but that's another looonnnngggg conversation.

28-02-2008
front row

^^yea, i agree, i dont think he's using digital.
pat, mumbai india: What kind of cameras and lights do you use? We are students from india.
Juergen Teller: Contax G2 with a flash on top.

interview from post 82

27-03-2008
V.I.P.

he&stephanie seymour had a very amazing ed in 1999,W magazine..does anybody know the month?i've seen only one pic of it...

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
juergen, photographer, teller