How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Behind the Lens
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

04-06-2008
tfs star

wow i love how this editorial manages to express the very essence of M-A Sauve styling, her unmistakable take on structure of clothings, the shape, the silhouette. It feels sharp and even architectural in some way but still she can make it work, looking sexy and sensual. Something to say a story, not just to make a statement.
thank you for the scans

04-06-2008
tfs star

I do like her works.She does seem to have a thing for intriguing shoes.

05-06-2008

i love that editorial so much...

V.I.P.

Quote:
Phi F/W 08.09 : Coco Rocha and Karen Elson by Steven Meisel

Quote:
Since Susan Dell formed Phi in 2003, the fashion label has been quietly fine-tuning its DNA as a distinctly modernist, urban collection with innovative structural details.

After a rocky start, which had Andreas Melbostad replace Tim Gardner at the creative helm at launch time in 2004, and several seasons in which the brand has been largely under the fashion radar, at least Stateside, Phi executives now feel the time is right to bring their message to a wider audience. This fall, the brand will unveil its first print ad campaign, shot by Steven Meisel.

Meisel photographed the ads, which were styled by Marie-Amelie Sauve and art-directed by Ronnie Cooke Newhouse. The campaign features six images of Karen Elson and Coco Rocha posing as modern-day Vargas girls against a crisp white background. Considering Phi's urban edge, the images have a surprisingly humorous bent — a deliberate move, Melbostad said, to show the collection also has a light touch.

"The creative brief was to push the brand image of the ad campaign to the limit, to be arresting," Hansen said.

The campaign breaks in Vogue this August, with additional placements following in W; the fashion issue of T: The New York Times Magazine; Vanity Fair; French, Russian, Japanese and British Vogues; ID and Pop magazines, and a possible placement in the International Herald Tribune during the collections season.

"When you put together the runway imagery, the image set forth by the store and the ads, it rounds out the thoughts we put into the collection," Melbostad said.
wwd
via Kimair in Ad campains thread

07-06-2008
tfs star

I like it.Can't wait to see them in the mags.

15-06-2008
rising star

This is a quick profile I wrote in about ten minutes for a friends blog.. thought I might share.

Quote:
It was always about fashion for French editor, stylist and it-girl Marie-Amélie Sauvé. She started her journey as an fashion intern and is now one of the most respected and coveted stylists in the business. A frequent contributor at magazines such as Vogue Nippon, Vogue Italia, Vanity Fair, Another Magazine and the New York Times, she is best known for her work at Vogue Paris and her close relationship with Balenciaga designer Nicolas Ghesquière.
She began working with Carine Roitfeld of Vogue Paris at the very beginning in 2001 and her signature style and aesthetic has been inherently embedded in the magazine ever since. She calls it "abstract sexy" and a keen eye can recognize her work from the styling alone. She frequently uses one item, usually an accessory, to tie a story together and will use it in each frame. She believes that this "adds a twist to the story and gives a strong, concise message."
She was introduced to Nicolas Ghesquière by Lionel Vermeil in the mid-1990s and they have been close ever since. Now, their relationship spans from full studio meetings at Balenciaga to a weekly trip to the Ritz health club for a workout (on the Stairmaster) and brunch. She admits to almost always wearing Balenciaga but the only garment she will stray for is swimwear. "I wear mostly Balenciaga, but he (Nicolas) doesn't make many bathing suits, and I love bathing suits."
She was the driving force behind the GAP European collection and was credited with landing model Coco Rochas and Chanel muse and style icon Amanda Harlech for the campaign. She also styled the iconic Pirelli Calendar in 2008 and has recently signed on as a contributor for interview magazine.
Some things that you might not know about Marie-Amélie are that she almost always wears Route du Thé Barneys perfume, and she loves American Vogue. "I read all the stories; I love the fitness, and society articles. It's the only magazine where I read the stories and look at the fashion."

16-06-2008
tfs star

sj08, i love it. thank you for sharing.

17-07-2008
V.I.P.

Vogue US August 2008
On The Edge
Photographed by Patrick Demarchelier
Styled by Marie-Amélie Sauvé
Model:Raquel (as Marie-Amélie Sauvé)

scanned by
Luxx

17-07-2008
scenester

^ I love the black and white shots!

21-07-2008
V.I.P.

I really like the editorial in post #96- #97! The styling is so sharp and I really like the shapes the clothing creates.

22-07-2008
V.I.P.

Vogue Paris August 2008 (HQs)
4. Reality Show
Photographed by Craig McDean
(Part 1)

scanned by Diorette

22-07-2008
V.I.P.

Vogue Paris August 2008 (HQs)
4. Reality Show
Photographed by Craig McDean
(Part 2)

scanned by Diorette

24-07-2008
V.I.P.

New York Times Style Magazine 06FW

Ph: Nathaniel Goldberg
Model: well..everybody knows..jumping caroline

she used the same shoe in every pic

my snap

V.I.P.

New York Times Style Magazine 07FW
Ph:Willy Vanderperre
Model:Irina K

her styling totally outshine willy's minimalism photography...

my snap

The future is stupid

AN ATTITUDE
Vogue Italia December 2005
Model: Gemma Ward
Hair: Julien d'Ys
Makeup: Stéphane Marais
Stylist: Marie-Amélie Sauvé
Photographer: Paolo Roversi

source | ilovegemmaward via Faith Akiyama

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags