How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Behind the Lens
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

26-09-2012
V.I.P.

I don't know whether or not somebody said it, but Testino is now represented by Yvon Lambert in Paris ....
Guess the price of a picture will be around 25-50.000$, now ... Or more depending on the subject and format, of course ...

26-09-2012
███████████████

MARIO TESTINO : PRIVATE VIEW Book

The mere mention of Mario Testinoís name evokes a rush of adrenalin in anyone that cares, even a bit, about the worlds of fashion and celebrity. So omnipresent is he at major magazine shoots and A-list eventsóan insider if ever there was oneóthat he has become a celebrity himself. The launch of Testino's latest book, to celebrate his inaugural exhibition in China, brings together an exciting selection of his best studio work with glamorous examples of his candid shots. A beaming Gwyneth Paltrow clutching her freshly-won Oscar, a fur-cloaked Jennifer Lopez atop a commode, and the unforgettable portraits of royalty including Diana, Princess of Wales, and her sons are just a few of the hundreds of iconic pictures that are brought together, for the first time, inside the book. Testinoís best recent advertising and fashion work rounds out the selection, making this a must-have collector's item for any art or fashion lover's library.
Contributing authors: Graydon Carter, Karl Lagerfeld, Jennifer Allen, and Patrick Kinmonth.

MARIO TESTINO PRIVATE VIEW LIMITED EDITION

Limited to 1,500 numbered copies, signed by Mario Testino. Available in pink, purple, or green, the book features a lenticular cover portrait of Lady Gaga and is delivered in an injection-molded plastic box.

tashen.com

26-09-2012
███████████████

MARIO TESTINO - IN YOUR FACE

Experience a world of glamour through Testino's lensMario Testino's boundless talent with a camera must be maddening for other photographers working in a highly competitive field, but he remains one of the most revered stars in his profession. Oft imitated and never equalled, Testino is graced with a natural ability to float effortlessly from studio to backstage to after-party, producing stunning shots in any kind of situation. His generosity as an artist, coupled with his striking vision, infuses his work with a warmth and intensity that invites, rather than intimidates, the viewer. From royals to mega-celebrities, Testino has shot some of the world's most inaccessible subjects, always with an ease that betrays the complexity of the task. When Testino gets "in your face" he captures you at your best--and that is what makes him the best. This unorthodox collection of various images chosen by Testino from the span of his 30-year career reflects the diversity of his work, ranging from fashion and advertising shots to sexually-charged images and autobiographical photos. Full of color, life, and humor, this selection is a testament to the sheer brilliance of a tireless chronicler of fabulousness. This book, published in the occasion of the 'In Your Face' exhibition at the MFA Boston (opening October 17, 2012), will only be commercialized in North-/Middle- & South America.
Pages: 216

tashen.com

27-09-2012
V.I.P.

again reprints of old works... if only there would appear a book with yet unpublished stuff. im sick of that tashen strategy- releasing same old stuff under different titles.

Last edited by Alien Sex Friend; 27-09-2012 at 02:09 AM.
27-09-2012
███████████████

Yess agree need a tematic bok of Mario like what I do Rio De Janeiro, buut need to say In your Face have really strong photos is much better of Private View

27-09-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerlinRocks View Post
I don't know whether or not somebody said it, but Testino is now represented by Yvon Lambert in Paris ....
Guess the price of a picture will be around 25-50.000$, now ... Or more depending on the subject and format, of course ...
that`s a question who`s gonna buy it, coz he is not an artist, he is fashion photographer and collectors aren`t insane to spend money on contemporary commercial fashion photography) maybe only if they are fans of his shoots...

V.I.P.

Vogue Brazil - October 2012
Photographer: Mario Testino
Model: Lara Stone

facebook.com/vogueBR

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alien Sex Friend View Post
again reprints of old works... if only there would appear a book with yet unpublished stuff. im sick of that tashen strategy- releasing same old stuff under different titles.
Tashen does an excellent job marketing and branding their products, with that said, I'm in total agreement with you. Most of their books are "compilations" repackaged over and over.

I would much rather see a beautiful collections of Testino's work through Assouline. They create some of the most beautiful books I've ever seen. Their pricey, but well worth it.

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alien Sex Friend View Post
that`s a question who`s gonna buy it, coz he is not an artist, he is fashion photographer and collectors aren`t insane to spend money on contemporary commercial fashion photography) maybe only if they are fans of his shoots...
Well a lot of collectors are (fashion) photography collectors ... What about Avedon at Gagosian or Sherman and Nan Goldin, who is also work for Fashion magazines ... A lot of people know that Fashion world and Art world are bound, so more and more people aren't feeling ashamed of High and Low ... Fashion photography is part of the Art, for a long time now ... He is part of the Fashion photography noblesse, now ...

About the price, maybe I went high rocket ... But since this is Testino and this is Yvon Lambert (one of the most famous art collector/art dealer/galerist/donator of his collection in France and Europe), I'm sure a picture would sell for about $10k to 25k depending on format, subject etc.
His rate isn't big yet on the art market, compared to Sherman, Goldin, or Avedon or even Annie Leibovitz ... But with Lambert behind him, he can go up pretty quickly ...

03-10-2012
V.I.P.

Vogue Paris October 2012

King George
Photographer:
Mario Testino
Stylist: Emmanuelle Alt
Models: Kate Moss & George Michael
Make-Up: Charlotte Tilbury
Hair: Christiaan

ebook-free-download.net

rising star

Testino shot Alessandra Ambrosio in july, any ideas what it's for?

11-10-2012
French Chic

The Kate/George debacle is one of Testino's worst ever shoots..
Seriously awful.

you soft and only

^It makes me want to laugh so hard to imagine them thinking that those images were okay to print. I mean, really... It's just ridiculous, who in the world could possibly think those were good?

18-10-2012
you soft and only

Vogue Paris April 1998

"Blanc Absolu"
Photographer: Mario Testino
Fashion Editor: Carine Roitfeld
Hair: Marc Lopez
Makeup: Tom Pecheux
Model: Eva Herzigova

angelloverscans

18-10-2012
you soft and only