How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Behind the Lens
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

26-03-2006
V.I.P.

valerique, where did you get those images? are there more peter lindbergh images there?

26-03-2006
███████████████

The same style bored of always of Peter, nothing new

26-03-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbarahona
valerique, where did you get those images? are there more peter lindbergh images there?
originally from Ital vogue but printed in portfolio( mag printed by Stern mag)

26-03-2006
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by testinofan
The same style bored of always of Peter, nothing new
that's his signature style , Mario Testino will never be like Peter Lindbergh because his pictures have no personality, Testino is always imitating the work of others.

Lindbergh is already a legend of the photography.

26-03-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph26
that's his signature style , Mario Testino will never be like Peter Lindbergh because his pictures have no personality, Testino is always imitating the work of others.

Lindbergh is already a legend of the photography.
i think it`s out in the left field discussion cause it`s a question of personal flair
and Peter and Mario are fame and talented ( maybe-) the question is which style u preffer...what`s all

27-03-2006
███████████████

Here this in discucion that is better, single was not one opinion of which this work of Peter ,not makes lack get angry when one reads one opinion different .Me lovee Testino but loveed much other photographer, Newton, Meisel, Ritts, S.Klein, Craig Mcdean, Demarchelier, IVLamsweerde VMatadin, Mert + Marcus, Terry Richardson, Etc, but Peter not, is bored , this is my opinion, me no I do not discuss who is better, I believe that there is to be but tolerant kisses

27-03-2006
V.I.P.

I these photographs. there is just something a little sexier with b&w photos imo. It's like the photo is leaving it up to your imagination to come up with colors, textures, etc.

27-03-2006
a dim capacity for wings

well, while i have been a fan and follower of lindbergh's work over the past ten years (and more unconsciously inspired by his work in the eighties when i was still a kid) i think one can say that he has become a bit repetitive...
i have never seen a tasteless image coming from him but still i wish he would take new ways sometimes ...

27-03-2006
fashion insider

Quote:
Here this in discucion that is better, single was not one opinion of which this work of Peter ,not makes lack get angry when one reads one opinion different .Me lovee Testino but loveed much other photographer, Newton, Meisel, Ritts, S.Klein, Craig Mcdean, Demarchelier, IVLamsweerde VMatadin, Mert + Marcus, Terry Richardson, Etc, but Peter not, is bored , this is my opinion, me no I do not discuss who is better, I believe that there is to be but tolerant kisses
I think your'e jealous, that's it.

27-03-2006
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estella Mare
well, while i have been a fan and follower of lindbergh's work over the past ten years (and more unconsciously inspired by his work in the eighties when i was still a kid) i think one can say that he has become a bit repetitive...
i have never seen a tasteless image coming from him but still i wish he would take new ways sometimes ...
again, that's his signature style, he developed his own style, that's the hardest thing to do. Helmut Newton had his own style, the same with Richard Avedon, Bruce Weber, Juergen Teller, Herb Ritts, etc etc

there are a kind of photographers who have no signature style, like Mario Testino and Steven Meisel, they are always in several directions, Steven Meisel is a genius but in 30 years no one will know who Mario Testino was.

27-03-2006
███████████████

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph26
again, that's his signature style, he developed his own style, that's the hardest thing to do. Helmut Newton had his own style, the same with Richard Avedon, Bruce Weber, Juergen Teller, Herb Ritts, etc etc

there are a kind of photographers who have no signature style, like Mario Testino and Steven Meisel, they are always in several directions, Steven Meisel is a genius but in 30 years no one will know who Mario Testino was.
Maybe the I hope that they spend 30 years and that this aqui to say that these to him mistaken. respet you opinion equal yes he have the style defined ,this is true, only the style of him to me is bored and repetitive only this. the good of change of direction in diferent works like Testino and Meisel is the works never bored

27-03-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Maybe the I hope that they spend 30 years and that this aqui to say that these to him mistaken. respet you opinion equal yes he have the style defined ,this is true, only the style of him to me is bored and repetitive only this. the good of change of direction in diferent works like Testino and Meisel is the works never bored
oh i adore this forum
"i don`t wanna discuss this question but anyway Lindbegh is boring and Testino is genious"

28-03-2006
a dim capacity for wings

joseph, i do understand that that's his signature style but in my opinion one can develop within one's signature style as well.
and i think his images have 'flattened' over the years, you don't have to agree with me but please understand that you can't force your opinion to others either

28-03-2006
███████████████

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estella Mare
joseph, i do understand that that's his signature style but in my opinion one can develop within one's signature style as well.
and i think his images have 'flattened' over the years, you don't have to agree with me but please understand that you can't force your opinion to others either
Igree very igree

28-03-2006
windowshopping

i think a reason why so many people have problems with his work is because his work is unlike most popular FASHION photographers. he celebrates natural beauty as opposed to having a model covered under a tone of make up and airbrushing. nor does he use women as props. i wont be tacky and point out who i dont like or be immature and post on the board of that pictular photographer. i can agree that he has become very hit or miss. BUT i have found fashion in general to be very boring lately. AND the models are so boring at the moment. yes, there are a few really good ones but i cant stand many of them.

here is a site worth checking out http://www.mfilomeno.com/peterlindbergh/lindbergh.html

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2005, 2012, january, lindbergh, november, peter, photographer