How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Behind the Lens
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

30-04-2005
front row

Anna Wintour does not deserve to wear the skin on her back...

03-05-2005
loaded and locked

i love these pictures, i would love to see MORE MORE MORE *being selfish*

04-05-2005
doing it

Its a misconception that because one works as a stylist, or in fashion, that one has to always be dressed as a fashion editorial. To work in fashion requires a certain perception, a certain eye and the ability to create an image that will be stimulating to the viewer. After being in it for a while, I think, ones personal perception changes and one is not so interested in personally dressing in the way that is consumed as mainstream fashion. In other words, I dont wish to express fashion on my body in the same way that I would design it or style it for someone else,or for an editorial.

For this reason I dont feel annoyed as some people do when they say that fashion people are a letdown...as someone said on this thread earlier. Its all an image and an expression...not rules to live by...thank God.

04-05-2005

my favorite: carine roitfeld

second favorite: issy blow

favorite pair: anna piaggi & franca sozzani

04-05-2005
front row

Marrimoda, totally well put!!! I think you develop a different appreciation for clothes too as a stylist or someone who works in fashion, you look at clothes differently, and realize that...say a cardigan....that people would think is plain and boring, actually makes a really neat shape through it's neckline. For me, small things like that have become rather titillating.

29-05-2005
V.I.P.

i really love pics of editors and stylists - the people working behind the scenes - and always look so stylish, and always seem to get it right!

29-05-2005
loaded and locked

Quote:
Originally Posted by marrimoda
Its a misconception that because one works as a stylist, or in fashion, that one has to always be dressed as a fashion editorial. To work in fashion requires a certain perception, a certain eye and the ability to create an image that will be stimulating to the viewer. After being in it for a while, I think, ones personal perception changes and one is not so interested in personally dressing in the way that is consumed as mainstream fashion. In other words, I dont wish to express fashion on my body in the same way that I would design it or style it for someone else,or for an editorial.

For this reason I dont feel annoyed as some people do when they say that fashion people are a letdown...as someone said on this thread earlier. Its all an image and an expression...not rules to live by...thank God.
i totally third this!! i was just thinking of this today, in fact.... i used to NEVER touch my sneakers..i thought they were horrible ugly shoes only to be worn when running or doing sports.... but ive been wearing them a little lately... i just dont care as much to put my ideas in my head on myself... i have other bodies i can use to realize them instead

26-12-2005
trendsetter

Suzy Menkes looks like my grandmother

02-01-2006
windowshopping

Here is Rachel Zoe- I'm sure everyone knows but incase someone doesn't she is a freelance stylist who works with Lindsey Lohan, Nicole Richie, and Mischa Barton
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cpzoe133222632am.jpg (38.2 KB, 3 views)

Last edited by oohlalaLauren; 02-01-2006 at 09:30 PM.
11-01-2006
scenester

Misa Hylton Brim
misa hylton Brim

12-01-2006
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherries&Berries
misa hylton Brim
... the stylist of "The Cosby Show"? or does she just dress the part...

Last edited by kimair; 03-02-2006 at 05:34 PM.
17-06-2006
windowshopping

Has Rachel Zoe ever styled any celebrity that didn't end up looking like her????

20-06-2006
tfs star

^Re: Misa Hylton Brim..
Not sure if she has any connection to The Cosby Show, but I do know she's worked closely w/ the rap community; blame her for bringing the blinged-out hip-hoppin' hoochie look to the masses (i.e. Lil Kim & her one-shoulder/purple pasty look for the VMA's)

22-06-2006
chaos reigns

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishahoi
i totally third this!! i was just thinking of this today, in fact.... i used to NEVER touch my sneakers..i thought they were horrible ugly shoes only to be worn when running or doing sports.... but ive been wearing them a little lately... i just dont care as much to put my ideas in my head on myself... i have other bodies i can use to realize them instead
Ohhh ... I totally agree! I mean ... remember McQueen on the pre-Gucci days? He was all cargo pants and wifebeater tees ... still he does wear em but he's lost a few pounds and you see him wearing jackets every once in a while ...

I'm at loss ... when my fashionable friends introduce me to other fashion people .. they dont believe I dig this ... until I open my mouth! :p

chaos reigns

Quote:
Originally Posted by arlekindearrabal
my favorite: carine roitfeld

second favorite: issy blow

favorite pair: anna piaggi & franca sozzani
EXCELLENT TASTE!

This are my faves too!

Did you know that Carine wont wear REAL fur because she says that "it smells"? LOL!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
pictures, stylists or editors