How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Behind the Lens
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

16-02-2008
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNiQFashionista View Post
from where? everwhere seems to be sold out
I went to a drug store (Rite Aid) the other day and they had 3 left...all one shots. That's what I have...the little compact gray one.

16-02-2008
front row

OMG I heard this news a week or so ago & I didn't even think about how it'd affect the fashion industry

16-02-2008
front row

I heard about this last weekend and almost passed out. How can they do this!?
polaroids are so handy! I was about to start stocking up when I realized I have no money
A ten film pack costs around $100
Are they as expensive where you guys live?

the crying of humanity

Sad news, but it certainly shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone. I mean, we're in the age of technology. Times change, and we should change with them too.

vogue

It's not an end to instant film. I have a Fuji Instax 200 and Fuji is still producing instant film. It looks really nice too! I would post pics up, but I'm currently at work, but I think you can find some at Flickr. Hopefully Fuji continues to produce instant film and will take over Polaroid's factories.

16-02-2008
backstage pass

this is crazy! i really do hope Fuji take over and produce polaroids. My dad told me about this earlier and i flipped! i LOVE my polaroid camera!

tfs star

Ughg ,I partially hate technology.Digital is fine if you are doing simple snap shots or shooting something that needs to look flawless, but otherwise I love film.Plus digital pictures are a pain to print out and get the color right if you work in depth with your pictures.I would rather be in a darkroom working manually any day than trying to figure out a photo printer.

16-02-2008
vogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnejanaIsMyMuse View Post
Ughg ,I partially hate technology.Digital is fine if you are doing simple snap shots or shooting something that needs to look flawless, but otherwise I love film.Plus digital pictures are a pain to print out and get the color right if you work in depth with your pictures.I would rather be in a darkroom working manually any day than trying to figure out a photo printer.
I agree! I have so many polaroid cameras I'm in love with instant film. I have Polaroid SX 70, Polaroid i-zone, Polaroid Spectra (which usually casting agents and agencies use), Fuji Instax 200... I just love the way the colors look and the gratification that my picture will develop by itself. When I try to print pictures I have to do color correction, buy the right photo paper (most of which do not have a matte finish and feel kind of cheap) and then battle with my printer. My printer right now prints black horizontal lines on the picture! Ugh. I hope and pray Fuji takes over instant film. If not, at least I have the SX70 blend film that they keep making...Digital photography is good and all, but nothing will beat film!

16-02-2008
tfs star

Digital cameras are too easy. You just take the picture and upload it onto the computer. It's very unsatisfying. I don't even feel like I'm doing anything when I'm using a digital camera.

16-02-2008
tfs star

So true.I have made some amazing black and white prints with an old Mamiya medium format camera.Currently I'm doing a documentary for school where I get profile shots of people in the downtown area of a city near me.This camera is perfect for it, the images come out raw and slightly fuzzy which is great.I can hardly wait for summer when more people will be out and about, plus people will probably be in better moods and therefore more willing to be photographed.I do come across some mean people but there are still the nice ones who are ok with me borrowing them for a few seconds.I would absolutely love to do a series like that in New York ,chicago or L.A.Really any city or town would be great.

16-02-2008
vogue

^ Oooh! I really want a Mamiya camera. I think the pictures look fantastic. So you're a photographer? I just take pictures as a hobby. I'm so envious of photographers. They have the artistic eye that I can't seem to possess

16-02-2008
tfs star

Yes ,well I'm still in high school but it's my senior year and next year I will most likely be going to a college just down the road from my high school to get my general credits done with so I can transfer to a better college.Which is good in a way because I can still hopefully use the darkroom at the high school free of charge ,and I can still see a friend of mine in the photography class who will be a senior there next year.

What I really want to do is runway/backstage photography and test shots for models just to get my foot in the door and make connections ,and then see what happens after that.I don't want to be the next steven meisel or anything ,working for a smaller magazine would be great as long as I could make money doing other things in the industry.Of course I would still do photography with my cameras of everyday things, and hopefully by then I will have a medium format camera of my own.I really plan to do a lifetime of work that documents a ton of things, that would make me so happy.

16-02-2008
tfs star

I blame Sia's Breathe me Video

16-02-2008
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined View Post
I blame Sia's Breathe me Video
That video makes me dizzy...

16-02-2008
tfs star

Quote: