Steven Meisel - Photographer (July 2003 - March 2010) - Page 63 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Behind the Lens
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

05-12-2008

Thanks pipoca!

05-12-2008
V.I.P.

wow. That is gorgeous. My kind of ed <3

05-12-2008
V.I.P.

the late issue of 032c has an exclusive interview (14 pages!) of meisel

see more here

here 1

here 2

06-12-2008
V.I.P.

^Thanks! Thats really exciting

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipoca View Post
Magazine: Vogue Italia - Unique Supplement

Issue: March 2005
Title: Couture
Models: Lydia Hearst, Malin Martensson, Kim Noorda,
Ilona Kuodiene, Barbara Fialho (I can't ID the other models, sorry)
scanned by me
This is one of my fave Meisel eds ever! Thanks for scanning! Anne Marie van Dijk and Agnieska W. (sp?) are also part of this ed.

Last edited by mikel; 06-12-2008 at 03:35 AM.

06-12-2008
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasper! View Post
the late issue of 032c has an exclusive interview (14 pages!) of meisel

see more here

here 1

here 2
God i hope if i cant find this magazine, that someone scans his entire feature.

06-12-2008
V.I.P.

^I commissioned my mother to get it for me because she will be at the train station in Stuutgart tomorrow but 032c's website doesn't give any information where exactly you can find the magazine.

I hope the rest of the magazine is good too because it is very expenssive for a German magazine in Germany.

06-12-2008
there is no fear

pipoca and kasper! you are ruling my world right now

06-12-2008
V.I.P.

http://themoment.blogs.nytimes.com/2...eisel-in-032c/

Now Scoring | Steven Meisel in 032c

By Victoria Camblin

When the latest issue of the Berlin-based art and culture magazine 032c hit our desks here at T, we were ecstatic to discover that the notoriously press-shy photographer Steven Meisel had granted a rare interview request for its “Post-America” issue. Here Victoria Camblin, 032c’s assistant editor, discusses scoring a conversation with one of the most important imagemakers in fashion and why Meisel is very much still a plain old New Yorker at heart.
Steven Meisel is an epic photographer, and a profile on such an epic photographer has to be monumental, too. It has to somehow do justice to his not only massive but also massively important body of work—especially when what you are doing hasn’t really been done before, when you’re profiling someone who in the past has given so few interviews. The piece becomes historical, but how do you convey that in print? 032c’s answer to this was a 14-page fold-out section that kept the production quality high: when you hold this issue in your hands, and when you pull out this colorful, fold-out archive of two decades’ worth of Vogue Italia covers — all shot by Meisel — you experience a lush, compact moment of “Print crisis? What print crisis?” It’s a Technicolor Vogue accordion, but it also has a certain grace, which is very much in line with 032c’s changing from what T Magazine itself once called the “new ugly” and channeling that into our own kind of energetic classicism.

There is a “Wizard of Oz” element to the Meisel interview to me; it creates this image of Meisel as a generous but still very elusive power. A photographer you have to call icons like Naomi Campbell and Linda Evangelista to get an impression of — or even a photographer whom icons like Naomi Campbell and Linda Evangelista will enthusiastically give their time to talk about. Still, when I asked Alex de Looz, 032c’s New York contributing editor, about his conversation with Meisel, he told me that as elusive as he might be, there is very much the sense that the glamorous world Meisel portrays and admires and indeed shapes is one through which New Yorkers walk every day. “I know the street where he saw Loulou de la Falaise, and I know the place he went to art school,” Alex pointed out. “Speaking to him was like talking to a fellow New Yorker: down to earth, to the point and friendly, no fuss.” The models, perhaps not so much: “They sounded like bubble gum and diamonds all rolled together, and I think it was because they love Steven so dearly. They radiated total devotion and not one ounce less.”
For more information, go to 032c.com. Issue 16, featuring the interview with Steven Meisel, is on newsstands now.

06-12-2008
V.I.P.

I want to read that interview SOOO badly!!! But I wonder - will it be in German?

But I want to her what he has to say about his work in the last 5 or so years! Honestly, I don't care about Meisel's work in the 80s/90s. Its his work in the recent decade that is genius and iconic.

06-12-2008
front row

wow is he handsome

07-12-2008
V.I.P.

^^I think they write in English but are only based in German the cover, the website everything is in English.

07-12-2008
V.I.P.

Yes everything is English, I just bought it.

07-12-2008
V.I.P.

^^Oh fantastic, how much does the mag cost Marcel?

And do tell us what you think of his article.

Oh and where does he live?I always thought he lives and works in LA, but they say he is very New York so?

07-12-2008
V.I.P.

I just read the first part of it and there they only mention how gorgeous he looks like, something about Marlene Dietrich and Naomi Campbell saying he was amazing and stuff like that. But while having a look at the whole magazine I noticed that he talks about racism and stuff like that. No pictures of him just the portrait that was already posted.

It costs 10€ in Germany and Europe 12€ and US 20$.

07-12-2008
V.I.P.

^^Thank you for the heads up.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2003, 2010, july, march, meisel, photographer, steven