How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Behind the Lens
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

25-07-2011
tailored

Quote:
Sigerson Morrison and its contemporary counterpart, Belle by Sigerson and Morrison, are gearing up to unveil their first collections since founders Kari Sigerson and Miranda Morrison parted ways with the company last March.

“We’re calling this a refreshing of both brands, because what we’re doing is taking the heritage of each, taking all the things that have always been fabulous — and looking to make Sigerson Morrison and Belle even more relevant,” said Susan Itzkowitz, president of Marc Fisher Footwear, the parent company that acquired the 20-year-old footwear brand in 2006.

In addition to enlisting a design team in Italy, both labels will add an assortment of silhouettes and styles, heel heights, materials (including ethically sourced fabrics) and color palettes for the spring 2012 collections, which will both bow at the FFANY show next month.

She also revealed that Marie Claire’s style and accessories director Taylor Tomasi Hill has been brought on board as creative consultant to work with the labels in terms of trend direction, developing new ideas and merchandising the lines. Tomasi Hill will also have a hand in future advertising campaigns, marketing initiatives, events and social media projects.

“Taylor is our style guru. We have such a respect for her and her taste level and trend knowledge and her vision in terms of fashion. She’s always been a tremendous supporter of the brand and we’re very excited to start this collaboration with her and see where it will evolve to,” Itzkowitz said of the new position.

Tomasi Hill added, “I’m looking forward to working together with Sigerson Morrison and contributing my ideas on the design aesthetic, while still keeping true to the brand heritage. With plenty of rich influences to draw from the archives, I’m confident this will be an exciting collaboration.”
wwd / july 25, 2011

25-07-2011
girl who fell to earth

^^this is interesting... can't wait to see what they come up with

i'm sure we'll see taylor sporting sigerson morrison shoes in the near future :p

25-07-2011
Making a Mess

So will she continue to work for Marie Claire?

I'm excited about this new project for her. I think she will do a great job of cultivating a new image for Sigerson. And yes I'm sure we'll see her wearing their shoes during fashion week now :p.

25-07-2011
flaunt the imperfection

i'm curious too...
consultant means freelance, usually...or it could be some sort of contract for a set period of time...

it would seem to conflict with her job as accessories editor though...
which should be neutral and unbiased...

hmmm....
anyone know the scoop?

25-07-2011
V.I.P.

Well, she has great taste in shoes, so I look forward to what she comes up with. I wonder about the Marie Claire conflict too, as most of her editorials feature shoes front and center. Mind you, she has styled Fallon jewelry ads before, seemingly on the side, so who knows? Maybe it's not a big deal. Just got a pair of SM sandals, actually.

25-07-2011
girl who fell to earth

i feel like stuff like this happens all the time, doesn't it?

Christine Centenera from Australian Harper's Bazaar is consulting on Kanye West's new fashion line (not that that's exactly comparable to this) and Emmanuelle Alt worked with Balmain (Melanie Ward too) and Isabel Marant etc.... this isn't really much different, right?

25-07-2011
flaunt the imperfection

yeah- but they aren't supposed to...not officially...
and they are certainly not going around announcing it, usually...
usually it's stuff they do quietly, on the side...
they certainly don't send out press releases about it, for the most part...

hmmm...
i'm just wondering of things are loosening up at some of the mags now?...
it's interesting, to say the least...

26-07-2011
fashion elite

yea, i was under the impression it happened all the time but was something that wasn't really talked about let alone broadcast.

26-07-2011
When in doubt, wear red.

Well I think that in te past, consultants weren't supposed to be known. Alt has been consulting for years at Balmain, before everybody dared to say it out loud. But seems like things are changing right now, it's almost as if consultant were the new it trend for the big houses. That's why, they realease official announcement.

As for Taylor I don't know if she will keep her position at Marie-Claire. I hope she will. Because otherwis we won't see her that much during fashion weeks.

26-07-2011
.my prison is your brain.

Sigerson Morrison could definitely use a more youthful eye, not even sure they needed to go so far as to hire Taylor, but I guess the press alone will be worth the money they fork out for her to consult. I've always felt their shoes were way over-priced and off-trend.

26-07-2011
girl who fell to earth

i think it may be that these magazine people are becoming brands unto themselves in a sense and are more known by the public so it's to the company's advantage to attach themselves to whatever the person represents...

i think sigerson morrison is definitely trying to capitalize on taylor's street style prowess to help sell some shoes and gain some cool points

27-07-2011
fashion elite

^ no doubt. they see that she is gaining a cult following and want to cash in and lure in the fashion crowd knowing everyone else will follow. its actually a pretty good idea.

27-07-2011
.my prison is your brain.

^ Is it? Because then once that person leaves the brand what are they left with? It seems a lot of criticism about how much the label "sucks now", judging from similar recent cases of this. I think it's risky, and frankly quite lame, to base your label around a well-known fashion personality.

28-07-2011
V.I.P.

Are they basing their label around her, though or just asking her to help with styling? I guess it is clearly different than featuring a celeb in an ad. In this case, she will be behind the scenes just helping with looks/design, and presumably on only a part time basis at that.

I agree that SM is overpriced, and that the line needs updating, but they still have some cute shoes imo.

I think hiring Taylor as a consultant is a good idea; it can't hurt to try it out anyhow.

28-07-2011
fashion elite

i think its more styling and input as opposed to basing a label around her. if they are basing the label around her, then i will agree with you and say that is just dumb. i assume they see her as an up and coming force in the fashion world and want (and need) input from someone on the forefront of fashion.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
hill, taylor, tomasi