How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Behind the Lens
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

24-07-2005
flaunt the imperfection..

Top Stylists
More important than just what they dress the model in these Top 10 Stylists dictate what fashion is. With careful thought as to which piece should be put together with which outfit and which item should stay on the rack this lot have the power to make or break a designer’s collection. With that kind of power this list deserves HOT SHEET attention.

Top 10 Stylists
Results are arranged by alphabetical order

Brana Wolf
With a career spanning two decades to this day Brana remains someone to watch. Working with the Lens King, Meisel on countless Italian Vogue masterpieces, as well as teaming up with the best photographers in the business, Ms. Wolf is the only reason to bother opening a Bazaar.

Carine Roitfield
Having had her hand in laying the ground work for Gucci’s brilliant transformation and now holding court at that not so American Vogue, Carine is one of the few that can style a shoot like no other with a simple nod and a hand gesture without ever leaving her seat.

Carlyne Cerf de Dudzeele
Bigger than any magazine she has worked with or her portfolio of legendary work with the top photographers in the business, Carlyne, herself is the embodiment of style. As those who have worked with her can attest, she continually inspires all to “bring something” of themselves to every shoot.

Edward Enninful
Italian Vogue, Japanese Vogue, and of course his post at iD magazine have allowed Edward to opportunity to collaborate with the best photographers in the business while still cultivating today’s hottest talent, leading to the most memorable images time and time again.

Grace Coddington
Model turned fashion guru; Grace proves that some things just continue to get better with time. Having the position as the Creative Director at the industry’s top Fashion Magazine should say it all, but Ms. Coddington continually sets the standard of what it means to be at the top for your game.

Joe McKenna
With the ability to change with the times Joe has been a constant success in the business. Having served as Creative Director for the top fashion houses over the span of his career, Joe continues to break all the rules in an unbelievably lavish fashion…just check out a copy of the coveted Joe’s Magazine.

Karl Templer
Whether it is working with Fabien Baron for Hugo Boss or shooting with Mert and Marcus for W, or any other of his many collaborations for that matter, Karl turns it out like no other. Just walk into any studio he is working in and take a look at his set up, many a stylist should be so prepared.

Katie Grand
At this point in her career Katie has accomplished what take most a lifetime to and she is just getting warmed up. Vuitton, Prada , Calvin all have tapped Katie to work her magic. Undeniably talented, you may look forward many more years of her Grand style.

Monica Dolfini
The ruling fashion editor at the new Flare Monica has continually out does herself issue after issue elevating her to ranking with the best in the industry. As the publication grows one should expect great things from this Italian based fashionista.

Patricia Field
Having brought fashion to masses like no other Patricia Field’s work on “Sex in the City” had everyone waiting to see what Ms. Carrie Bradshaw would be wearing next. Pat continues to push the envelope of what is ‘fashion’ and America keeps on eating it up.

from stylegod.com...

25-07-2005
tailored

ooh...thanks for posting this softie!

i'm surprised melanie ward wasn't on the list...she was a consultant to helmut lang and karl lagerfeld named her creative director on his new lower priced line, in addition to her bazaar/editorial duties...

loaded and locked

yes, thank you for this list! i find it interesting how a stylists career is defined by how many famous photographers she/he has worked with rather than *who* she has styled. *sigh* i can only aspire to be on this list someday

27-07-2005
windowshopping

Thanks for the list softgrey! I am know some of the names and will do some research on the rest, I like learning about other stylists, it's inspiring! Has anyone ever looked at Grace Coddington's HUGE book, I love her stuff!

27-07-2005
tfs star

Thanks for that list softgrey! It's inspirational and good info to know...

rising star

Love the list. Can't wait to add our (real) names to it! I'd welcome anyone's posts of pictures from editorials that the above stylists have worked on.

28-07-2005
daisy in my lazy eye

I came across the same article when searching for Edward Enninful, thanks Soft. Each of these stylists deserves a thread...

29-07-2005
windowshopping

Hello you guys seem to know alot about the fashion industry. Hoping to one day advance in this world of fashion, what advice could any of you pass on to me to help me get started in the fashion carrer as a stylist

29-07-2005
no photos, no photos

use our handy search engine and you will see plenty of threads about styling as a career

welcome

http://www.thefashionspot.com/forums...light=stylists

Last edited by purechris; 29-07-2005 at 01:22 PM.
29-07-2005
windowshopping

What do you mean threads

29-07-2005
no photos, no photos

topics.........click on the links in my last post.....they will take you to other topics that you may find useful

29-07-2005
flaunt the imperfection..

Quote:
Originally Posted by perlefine
I came across the same article when searching for Edward Enninful, thanks Soft. Each of these stylists deserves a thread...
i agree...and so do many more...
but most people here seem to be model/celeb obsessed...

30-12-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by softgrey
i agree...and so do many more...
but most people here seem to be model/celeb obsessed...

I agree. It's because celebs/models are in constant limelight. It's crazy! The average person doesn't realize there is an entire "engine" behind that model/celeb/actor making them look good.

03-01-2006
yes

Katie Grand is my no.1

20-02-2006
windowshopping

I have assisted Karl Templer on many jobs (both print and commercial shoots) I usually work with his 'team' when they come to do shoots in Los Angeles, I am the "local" fashion assistant. I first worked assisting him and his crew on a GAP commercial (for winter '03...the campaign with the ryder sisters, etc) I was 19 at the time and meeting Karl and his NY assistants was very nerve wracking for me (being the typical la girl) They were wonderful. His assistant Sarah Ellison is one of the most precise, thoughtful, and organized people I have ever met. She is my Idol. I think Karl made me cry on the 3rd day...but I think he was just testing me. Because since the GAP job I have done many more jobs with him. I even got a printed credit as a Fashion Assistant in July 2004 issue of W MAGAZINE for a fashion story we shot with David Sims....it was the coolest thing ever for me...Karl runs a good crew...with the management of his trusty assistant Sarah. My little blurb on the top 10...

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
stylists