How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

30-04-2013
backstage pass

Just ordered with Charlotte & Nicolas on the cover! I mean, 37 pages dedicated to Ghesquière’s work! It's a crime to pass this up.

30-04-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naya View Post
This is one of the trickiest magazines to find in stores, ugh.
Tell me about it, I live in a bloody German speaking country and I can never seem to find it! I'll have to try and see if I can track this issue down though. Both covers are stunning. I think 032C have really gotten me to appreciate S&S' work. First the gorgeous Joan cover and now this sultry one starring Cate. I appreciate the simplicity and directness of the Charlotte/Nicolas image as well (and those killer rings TBH).

I'm definitely feeling this Ghesquière love of late; if only for the beautiful image of the head honchos at Balenciaga quietly fuming away at the diversion of attention away from their latest boy wonder that it provokes in my mind!

30-04-2013
front row

Omg I need this.

30-04-2013
Hell on Heels

Quote:
Originally Posted by naya View Post
This is one of the trickiest magazines to find in stores, ugh.
i sometimes find it here, other times i don't. anyway they sell it on their website and everytime i got it from them the shipping was very fast.

can't wait to get this issue by the way. all the contents seem great.

30-04-2013
V.I.P.

Amazing subject in amazing covers. Amazing all around.

V.I.P.

Charlotte & Nicolas cover is gorgeous

fashion elite

is there any big online store selling their magazine? amazon only takes the subscription order it seems. I want to ask local bookstores to import some.

01-05-2013
backstage pass

You can buy it on 032c's website !
Posted via Mobile Device

01-05-2013
backstage pass

Do you all mean you love the photography of these three when you say you love the "covers"? If yeas, I completely agree: Kate, Charlotte and Nicolas look amazing. If you mean you love the layout, art direction and graphic design, I'd have to say it's poorly executed, and resembles a cheap annual report, or manual, or one of those DIY calendars at your local FedEx/Kinko's. It's really ugly.

01-05-2013
fashion insider

Quote:
Nicolas Ghesquière to Appear on 032c Cover
By MILES SOCHA

WORK ETHIC: Although he exited Balenciaga last November, designer Nicolas Ghesquière continues to captivate the press — and secure megaeditorials. To wit: The summer issue of Berlin magazine 032c, due out Tuesday, features Ghesquière on the cover in an embrace with actress Charlotte Gainsbourg, his muse, plus 38 pages inside.

The magazine calls the feature its “monument” to Ghesquière’s final season, with Gainsbourg posing for photographer Karim Sadli in looks from the spring collection. Meanwhile, in the 14,000-word article by Pierre Alexandre de Looz, the designer breaks his silence on his split from Balenciaga and drops a few choice hints about his future plans — while skirting widespread speculation he will work with LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton in some capacity, possibly launching his own brand.

“Ideally, I’d like to give myself a six-month break, to travel and discover things. I’m not sure it’ll happen because some interesting projects are on the horizon,” he says. “Given the projects and the offers I have on the table, the trick is to think about what is most inspiring, what can become a new way of working.”

Later in the article, he seems torn between the golden handcuffs of a megabrand and the route less traveled. “I’m preparing something, but I have choices to make. I will announce something when I am ready,” he said. “Now is my time to question interseasonality — it’s always the opposite season somewhere in the world — and fashion’s need to be global while respecting the environment and local cultures and of course the usual six-month cycle for collections. I may decide to fulfill that mission again, and I’ll enjoy it as I always have. Another part of me absolutely wants to break these rules. I may be putting myself in danger, but that’s what I want these days. I enjoyed years of extreme comfort at Balenciaga. It’s fantastic to harvest that status to explore in new ways, rather than sticking to a routine, even if it was the most comfortable and incredible, I couldn’t be in a better position.”
wwd.com

01-05-2013
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanhuq View Post
You can buy it on 032c's website !
Posted via Mobile Device
I know, but I prefer to get it from bookstore import. the shipping is pretty expensive here, and they can get better price than I could. but they also have some complicated rules with it, so just want to see if this magazine is available in big online shops like amazon, that will make things much much easier.

02-05-2013
V.I.P.

when does it come out officially? can't find it in london today (apparently big magazine deliveries are next week in wh smith selfridges)

fashion insider

Would love to own this, doubt it sells in Toronto though.

03-05-2013
backstage pass

karlie kloss

glossynewsstand

03-05-2013
V.I.P.

i love this cover too! think maybe i'll get it

Tags
#24, 032c, 2013, blanchett, ch, gainsbourg, ghesquière, kloss, summer