How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

02-05-2009
trendsetter

032c Summer 2009 : Agyness Deyn by Alasdair McLellan

Source: 032c.com

02-05-2009
V.I.P.

Agyness, really?? . Seems like a rather commercial move from 032c. The picture is good, and I guess they deserve exposure more than any other publication right now but still.. she's a hard to swallow character for me.. fail to get her peculiarities..
thank you, pedro!. any idea of the editorials?, I checked their site but they just mention their articles. hoping to see some Leblon in this issue as well, I love everything he does for 032c.

trendsetter

Besides the nude story with Agyness (a model I don't fancy either), it seems there are editorials by Viviane Sassen, David Benjamin Sherry and the usual Joe McKenna's fashion choices.

Quote:
17TH ISSUE
“MIKE MILLS”, Summer 2009

INSIDE: “All we ever wanted was everything,” MIKE MILLS reveals ways of getting through the recession/depression in a 40-page cover special; Ronnie Cooke Newhouse narrates a day in the life of her best friend PHARRELL WILLIAMS; publisher GERHARD STEIDL races jet lag across the Atlantic from Karl Lagerfeld’s haute couture show in Paris to Robert Frank’s Canadian solitude; distinguished historian ERIC HOBSBAWM discusses his views on the future of globalization with Hans Ulrich Obrist; SLAVS & TATARS revisits the Islamic Revolution of 1979 in Tehran with the first installment of its project 79/89/09 for 032c; AGYNESS DEYN nude story by Alisdair McLellan; gallerist MAUREEN PALEY bares her perseverance: “It's something where you’ve been given a path that you must follow, where you don’t know what else you would do. Once you see this, many things appear that indicate the way forward for you;” and so much more on 256 pages...

source: 032c.com

Last edited by Pedro; 02-05-2009 at 11:31 AM.
02-05-2009
Zenga Zenga

I wouldn't really have paid attention to the fact it's Agyness if it wasn't written on it It's not her worst picture by the way but stil... not what I would really expect.

What really makes me want to see more is to read there is something by Viviane Sassen inside... It's been too long since I saw an editorial by her for the last time

02-05-2009
Stitch:the Hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by MulletProof View Post
Agyness, really?? . Seems like a rather commercial move from 032c. The picture is good, and I guess they deserve exposure more than any other publication right now but still.. she's a hard to swallow character for me.. fail to get her peculiarities..
thank you, pedro!. any idea of the editorials?, I checked their site but they just mention their articles. hoping to see some Leblon in this issue as well, I love everything he does for 032c.
my thoughts precisely

and don't forget about pharell williams?! not what i consider typical 032c style.

Last edited by Scott; 02-05-2009 at 12:16 PM.
02-05-2009
there is no fear

I thought she had disappeared forever

Last edited by hfgl; 02-05-2009 at 12:56 PM.
02-05-2009
backstage pass

Absolutely amazing to see her again, especially on a cover.

02-05-2009
V.I.P.

last time there wasn't magazine with her cover and i didn't worry about her, because I don't like her much

though cover is good

02-05-2009
don't look down

Agyness is in good shape, but in terms of visual composition, she doesn't have a very interesting body for a nude portrait, at least not in that pose. There's nothing really to engage the eye... perhaps someone with a different physique would have provided a shot with more interest, in terms of giving more angles or shapes to lead your eye around the image.

I like the 'mood' more than the pose - the messy feel of the hair.

Last edited by tigerrouge; 02-05-2009 at 03:26 PM.
02-05-2009
V.I.P.

Mode & Verzweiflung

Fashion & desperation

That could not be more fitting when it comes to my feelings for Agyness Deyn. It is a beautiful shot but I was suprised too that 032c went this direction, it was a very underground magazine for me and this is indeed a commercial move (thanks MulletProof for finding the right words). It's a nice read though if it was not so f***ing expensive.

Last edited by tocceve; 02-05-2009 at 03:56 PM.
02-05-2009

^well they're all going commercial it seems. first purple,then self service,crash and now 032c and my other beloved in A have more commercial interests in their upcoming issues.

02-05-2009

i am though a bit surprised because it did feel like 032c was the remaining pub unwilling to compromise. but i get it. times are tough and you have to sell especially if you don't have the mass distribution.

02-05-2009
old-fashioned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MulletProof View Post
Seems like a rather commercial move from 032c. The picture is good, and I guess they deserve exposure more than any other publication right now but still.. she's a hard to swallow character for me.. fail to get her peculiarities..
same here... at least it's a nice picture, i like alasdair.

V.I.P.

Not bad at all. Actually quite nice. Thanks for posting.

03-05-2009
rising star

I love the simplicity of the shot. Beautiful...

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
032c, 2009, agyness, alasdair, deyn, mclellan, summer