How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

01-05-2013
Mr. Magic

10 Magazine #47 Summer 2013 : Lady Amanda Harlech, Kristen McMenamy & Lisa Verberght
Quote:
10 MAGAZINE: OUT NOW. OUT THIS WEEK. OUT TOMORROW. GO FORTH AND BUY.

Editorís Letter

This has become a habit: the edís letter is now constantly the last piece of the puzzle every issue. To the terrible distress of Team 10. There are generally around 10 emails back and forth during the process, from conception to conclusion of the issue, that start as gentle reminders, then rapidly evolve into desperate requests before I actually put pen to paper and draft something I feel worthy or relevant. It takes a good gestation period of deliberation, consideration until I feel I have something to communicate.

So finally, here goes, at the very last possible moment, on my way back from our launch party for 10 Australia and on route to New York for my big Victoriaís Secret presentation of the next themes for each section for the huge show in November. Then onto Paris to shoot the Elie Saab campaign. Now I can finally start to talk about the biggest motivation for this issue: WOMEN. I know that sound obvious, but really the conversation is about how many designers, this and last season, have really started to explore the beauty and confidence of these women. As these established girls appear in all the major campaigns and shows I feel the need, too, to have the conversation about the moving trend of these girls of more maturity- girls whose faces we have loved in shows from seasons ago are being woven into this seasonís fashion tapestry. Labels like Prada, Miu Miu and Calvin Klein have genuinely moved away from exclusively using new, young 17-year-old girls so that we are really seeing a shifting of the spotlight, a movement across the global fashion landscape of this new dimension. In the words of Bob Dylan ďThe times they are a-changiníĒ, not looking backward to nostalgia but actually appreciating today that these women, with their experience, can really contribute to the equation. So I have chosen to put two of the most inspiring of these women on the cover- sexy, confident, powerful, but still fragile, emotional and feminine. Striking the perfect balance.

Kristen McMenamy, who has achieved such longevity and sustained her credibility and remained an enigma and muse to so many designers, past and present. She still has her magic dust; her professionalism, energy and commitment is like no other. To see this woman work, exhibiting such determination and focus, is spectacular and I totally understand her magnetism and commitment to making the very best picture possible always.

Our next cover star is Amanda Harlech, whose fierce independence, imagination and fearless vision has been a constant inspiration. She seems to retain her child like intuitiveness and sense of exploration, but still remains uncompromising, with integrity, elegance and poetic vision that only she can bring to the equation.

So, dear Tenners here is the issue. In the words of Helen Reddy, ďI am woman hear me roarĒ.

Hope its not too deafening.

Sophia Neophitou-Apostolou

Editor-in-Chief

10magazine.com

(IT'S GOING DOWN
ô)
MENS Runway Model Showlists - Mens RTW S/S 2015

01-05-2013
V.I.P.

even though my fav cover subject is Kristen I like the third cover most...

01-05-2013
front row

"hot pussy meow icons"

01-05-2013
backstage pass

They are all so good!

01-05-2013
trendsetter

Kristen and Haider!All my love,they match each other very much!

01-05-2013
V.I.P.

All 3 covers are really good, but I'm loving Amanda's the most!

.my prison is your brain.

I wish the Editor in Chief would have found a way to incorporate Lisa into her letter. Lisa definitely embodies the mold that both of these women helped establish in the fashion industry. Cool trio.

01-05-2013
Mr. Magic

(IT'S GOING DOWN
ô)
MENS Runway Model Showlists - Mens RTW S/S 2015
01-05-2013
boop

That 'Hot Pussy Meow' tagline is the best thing I've read on the cover of a magazine in about ten years.

01-05-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hfhommes View Post
"hot pussy meow icons"
seriously

01-05-2013
V.I.P.

love all three covers Kristen's is the best imo

01-05-2013
V.I.P.

wow, really like the covers!

Mr. Zhivago

The preview doesn't look very good. A lot of backstage and street style photos? 10 has really turned down the number of model editorials over the past couple years.

02-05-2013
ɐʎ ʎǝɥ

nice covers though 'Hot pussy!'

V.I.P.

all covers so weak

Tags
#47, 10, 2013, amanda, harlech, kristen, lady, lisa, magazine, mcmenamy, summer, verberght