How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

26-08-2011
Mr. Magic

10 Magazine Fall / Winter 11.12 : Hannelore Knuts by Cedric Buchet
10magazine.com
Attached Images
File Type: jpg i0cur789.jpg (36.3 KB, 131 views)

(IT'S GOING DOWN
ô)
MENS Runway Model Showlists - Mens RTW F/W 14.15

26-08-2011
fashion insider

i love it

26-08-2011
backstage pass

I really really like it, it's so cool althought it is kinda random, that beach for fall/winter issue ... at least they will stand out.

rising star

nice

26-08-2011
backstage pass

the model is Hannelore Knutz, shot by Cedric Buchet

26-08-2011
clo
V.I.P.

It's funny how magazines like to call their issues "Art" issues when they have naked women on the cover. Don't like this at all.

26-08-2011
V.I.P.

this is fantastic! it looks like something from old Pirelli calendar's when the pictures defined the beauty of it and not the personalites they used...

26-08-2011
V.I.P.

It's a lovely image, but it's not exactly very F/W is it?

26-08-2011
V.I.P.

looks good

26-08-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clo View Post
It's funny how magazines like to call their issues "Art" issues when they have naked women on the cover.
Not to nitpick much but I'm pretty sure it's the other way around, they have an art issue, and go for nudity.

It's a good cover, the 'art' thing bothers me for some reason, I wish artists were constantly featured on moderated doses instead of having to put up with an issue packed with people that, really, have very little to do with fashion and the interest is merely on the exposure. Anyway, I did like POP's summer thing with all these artists so I'm hoping they tie up both worlds (art + fashion) tight enough for this too.

V.I.P.

The cover is nice and it's always a pleasure to see Hannelore on the cover.But as someone already stated why is it that every art issue has to have naked woman on the cover?Can't a fashion image be artful?

Mr. Zhivago

I hope they feature artist-models like Sasha P, Guinevere, Rie, Saskia...

26-08-2011
V.I.P.

[quote=MulletProof;9548747]Not instead of having to put up with an issue packed with people that, really, have very little to do with fashion and the interest is merely on the exposure.

How does this apply to Hanelore?

Anyway, I did like POP's summer thing with all these artists so I'm hoping they tie up both worlds (art + fashion) tight enough for this too.

Since when photography isn't art?

Last edited by KissMiss; 26-08-2011 at 04:52 PM.
26-08-2011
V.I.P.

I don't know, you tell me , I was talking about the content usually featured on this type of issues, not the way it's showcased (aka. cover/models) and I wasn't necessarily talking about photography but on the way some magazines (like W) sometimes lose their balance while dedicating issues to the art world.

For what it's worth, I'll be the first person to insist that fashion (be it through clothing, photography, makeup, styling, etc) CAN be art, however, there are endless branches of photography, when I buy a fashion magazine, I expect to see photographs where fashion has a role, even if it's a small one, you can integrate all the elements you want, but I still want fashion coming out of a publication that is known for it, that excels at it and that comes out only twice a year. Call me traditionalist but if I wanted to see photography at its purest and most whimsical expression, I'd be buying Art in America or a similar publication (which I do buy, if it's important to mention!).. so I do think there is a difference on photography for the sake of photography (the kind whose only purpose is representing the vision and ideas of the photographer) and photography for the sake of fashion or travel or food.. where other "interests" are involved. Functional photography if we want to get pretentious here . Like I said, I don't favor either in any way but I do think a magazine could care for its readership and the reasons why they're consuming their product in the first place instead of giving them an update on a parallel world that they could really get elsewhere if they wanted to. Not saying 10 did this, we haven't even gotten a review! , but just expanding my semi-complaint on this.

V.I.P.

I mostly agree with what you're saying but 10 is predominantly a fashion magazine and I think they usually call naked stuff ART;-) mainly because there're no clothes involved... haha what a stupid assumption?! ;-))) but I guess they could maybe portray more stuff that involves some interesting prints and also give some information how did they come up with those prints, etc... I think this will make reading fashion magazines more interesting... the process of creating all these amazing pieces is usually left behind and I find this very dissapointing as it is the most inspiring part... it is not enough for me to say that the inspiration behind this or that piece is sub saharan africa or whatever...
what i hate about fashion at the moment is how exposure turns people into fashion icons and many artists fall for this! for me personally following fashion to the level that some of these people do it simply a bad taste... and I think Coco Chanel would agree with me;-)))
This is probably the most erratic comment of all times... not structure... poorly written...;-))

Last edited by KissMiss; 27-08-2011 at 09:04 AM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
10, 1112, buchet, cedric, fall, hannelore, knuts, magazine, winter