Alexandra Shulman Leaves British Vogue as EIC, *Update* Edward Enninful Confirmed - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

25-01-2017
V.I.P.

Alexandra Shulman Leaves British Vogue as EIC, *Update* Edward Enninful Confirmed
Quote:
Alexandra Shulman to Step Down as Editor-in-Chief of British Vogue

By Helena Pike
January 25, 2017 10:51

LONDON, United Kingdom — Alexandra Shulman is stepping down as editor-in-chief of British Vogue, after 25 years in the position.
Source: https://www.businessoffashion.com/ar...fbd4-417355313

25-01-2017
V.I.P.

Our prayers have been answered!

25-01-2017
V.I.P.

Nice scoop from Business of Fashion!
I'm not entirely shocked re this development, knew she would wait for the centenary issue to pass before she leaves. All the best for her!

Now the gruelling speculation of who will replace her....

25-01-2017
fashion elite

Judging by the documentary series it was clear that her heart wasn't in it so I'm glad she is leaving on good terms. It's a noble thing to pass the helm to someone with passion who truly cares about fashion and beautiful photography in addition to journalism. Let's just hope that's what really happens and we don't get a second Shulman instead.

Last edited by dodencebt; 25-01-2017 at 06:22 AM.
25-01-2017
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixtdaily View Post
Our prayers have been answered!
Yes! Hopefully Condé Nast will choose someone unexpected like they did with vogue Italia. It's about time all the usual suspects start stepping down.

25-01-2017
don't look down

I remember, with great fondness, the many good years when the magazine was essential monthly reading for me. The way is now open for reinvigoration.

And not Katie Grand, for the love of God.

V.I.P.

Saw this coming, what a great start of 2017!!

It was truly time, i don't think she was as bad as some members here. She really had some fantastic years, and you could always find something to read in her Vogue! But 25 years is a lot!

So excited to see who takes over!! Lucy?

25-01-2017
V.I.P.

Excellent! Now if we all band together and work as a team perhaps we can prise Katie's grip off the Managing Director's door. I presume she's camped outside there as we speak, practicing her speech on how she could bring endlessly repetitive Kendall Jenner shoots to the pages of Vogue.

Last edited by honeycombchild; 25-01-2017 at 06:39 AM.
25-01-2017
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerrouge View Post
And not Katie Grand, for the love of God.
Oh My God!! I totally forgot she is a possible choice for the next EIC!! Wow, way to ruin my excitement about Alex leaving, tigerrouge!!

I swear if Grand gets the job, we will be in a far bigger mess than what Alex was doing lately, SMH!!

25-01-2017
front row

Please be Lucy Yeomans

25-01-2017
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Dalloway View Post
So excited to see who takes over!! Lucy?
Yes, Lucy please!!
She's just about the only person I can think of at this stage. Katie's got an advantage because of Love. I wonder how well that magazine of hers is doing....

25-01-2017
V.I.P.

Lucy or Jennifer Dickinson would be good choices for me. Harper's under Lucy was always a very strong magazine. LOVE's figures have always been bad from what I have always been lead to believe, hopefully the Conde Nast team will see the work Lucy has done at Porter and poach her.

Although at the moment, I can't helo but feel Porter is going to seem like a better option?

25-01-2017
V.I.P.

Alex was a great editor for many years... and as someone noted you could see her heart wasn't in it anymore... to be fair, it is not the greatest period in fashion either... we are flooded with terrible celebrity models... the whole industry is in crisis... it is basically terribly boring...

My God! Katie Grand would just be the worst thing ever... something like Trump winning the elections...

I guess Lucy is quite a nice choice...

25-01-2017
MON
V.I.P.

I thought she was trying to get Michelle O. on the cover? Wasn't she just interviewed about the Prime Minister?

I wish her well though. She had great years and I really enjoyed a lot of her covers. I do agree that her heart was no longer in it and it really manifested from the cover down to the content. British Vogue badly needs not just a new direction, but a new leadership. Though, I hope that it's not Katie. The way she handled her magazine convinced me that she should not be chosen, more so considered. I like her, but her work is not for Vogue.

I think the best choice is indeed Lucy Yeomans. She knows how to do commercial commercial covers without losing sight of glamour and beauty.

Last edited by MON; 25-01-2017 at 07:27 AM.

25-01-2017
front row

Not surprising at all. Like many of you said the documentary showed us how bored she was by being EIC. Hope someone new and unexpected. Such a good news !!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
alexandra, british, confirmed, editorinchief, edward, eic, enninful, leaves, shulman, step, update, vogue