Allure April 2017 : Dilone, Imaan Hammam & Aamito Lagum by Patrick Demarchelier - Page 2 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

20-03-2017
V.I.P.

Just WOW, stunning! All three girl look beautiful no one thing out of place.

20-03-2017
front row

Love it !!! By Demarchelier I guess ?

20-03-2017
V.I.P.

They're all gorgeous! This is so fresh and awesome. Not looking forced at all - just natural and beautiful.

IMAAAAAAANNN though. This woman is just a STAR. Period. She delivers in every single photo I think I've ever seen of her - from the most high-fashion editorial to H&M swimsuit catalog shoots. There's just something about her charisma that exudes confidence and power. She's quickly become one of my favourites.

don't look down

At last, a Allure cover that lives up to its potential as a magazine, making me interested in the contents.

20-03-2017
MON
V.I.P.

Stunning. Beyond words.

Although, I'm having trouble with the tag line. It speaks of Diversity, and yet it states "41 women of color..." it should've been "41 women" alone. Because the idea of focusing on women of color alone runs counter with "diversity". Though I haven't seen the issue in its entirety, so maybe there's more inside.

Maybe I'm taking it literally.

20-03-2017
fashion insider

Yes yes yes!!!!!!!!! I loved, this is way better than US Vogue, and I'm beyond glad Aamito is part of this! These three girls are amazing.

fashion insider

wow. love this. Allure and Vogue are both killing it with covers this month, I think!!!

20-03-2017
V.I.P.

What a beautiful cover! It's immensely strong. The composition from dark to light works, and the fact that these girls have different strengths works for me. So happy for all three, especially Aamito, who is not a face you'd generally see on magazine covers. Least of all Allure.

I wish it wasn't marketed as a 'diversity' cover. Feels gimmicky because the Allure reader knows that very well that beauty comes in different shades, the magazine was probably one of the most diverse in the US even under Wells. Also, diversity doesn't just mean black, Latina and Middle Eastern. Where are the Asian girls? Lucy Liu's cover was 17 years ago.

21-03-2017
fashion insider

As much as I love the cover, I hate that's it's being billed as the Diversity Cover, do they know what Diversity actually means? Besides I think this cover could sell itself based on just how beautiful it is, they could have saved the Diversity coverline on a cover with multiple ethnicities on the cover. Fei Fei, Issa, Lakshmi, there's so many different types of beauty now, that this almost seems like a missed opportunity. It's almost dated, this is the same type of Diversity cover US Elle would produced back in the eighties, the country is far more diverse now.

Last edited by A.D.C.; 21-03-2017 at 02:24 AM.
21-03-2017
V.I.P.

They all look gorgeous, but my eyes still immediately go to Imaan. She's such a star, I love seeing her everywhere.

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benn98 View Post
What a beautiful cover! It's immensely strong. The composition from dark to light works, and the fact that these girls have different strengths works for me. So happy for all three, especially Aamito, who is not a face you'd generally see on magazine covers. Least of all Allure.

I wish it wasn't marketed as a 'diversity' cover. Feels gimmicky because the Allure reader knows that very well that beauty comes in different shades, the magazine was probably one of the most diverse in the US even under Wells. Also, diversity doesn't just mean black, Latina and Middle Eastern. Where are the Asian girls? Lucy Liu's cover was 17 years ago.
Absolutely agree with you, this diversity thing is getting boring year after year, beauty is beauty. Now having said that this is really one of Allure´s BEST BEST BEST covers in all time WOW they look sensational. Gorgeoussssss

fashion insider

Shot by Patrick Demarchelier

21-03-2017
V.I.P.

It's crazy how Allure can go from the most horrible cover ever (March with Allison Williams) to this stunning cover... all three girls look absolutely beautiful and compliment each other very well. I love the serene expression they have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benn98 View Post
So happy for all three, especially Aamito, who is not a face you'd generally see on magazine covers. Least of all Allure.
Agree! What a great surprise to see her here!

21-03-2017
front row

Wow! What an strong and absolutely gorgeous cover! I'm in love with this!

21-03-2017
V.I.P.

This is just sublime, shame for the diversity tagline, unnecessary in an otherwise perfect cover.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2017, aamito, allure, april, demarchelier, dilone, hammam, imaan, lagum, patrick