How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

05-10-2006
fashion icon

Allure November 2006 : Scarlett Johansson by Michael Thompson

thanks to sammie323 for the scan!

05-10-2006
VSFS 2009!

Well, busty and pouty as usual...

06-10-2006
V.I.P.

^true. i really don't like it, looks dull....

06-10-2006
Reinventing myself...

I think she looks great!! Love the long flowy hair and it beats the covers of the last few issues - Christina and Jessica, not their best at all.

Iowa Girl Loves Fashion

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGlassAngel
Well, busty and pouty as usual...
That's for sure. Especially the busty part... but I think I maybe just need to come to terms with being jealous of her gorgeous breasts. Seriously.

I think the cover's good. I'm not the biggest fan of Scarlett, but I think she looks natural and gorgeous here.

I'm curious to what her photo spread looks like. Knowing my magazine service, I won't get this November issue until the end of October.

Last edited by Erin; 06-10-2006 at 06:19 AM.
06-10-2006

Scarlett looks lovely Good to see a cover where she isn't made up to be some siren of the early 20th century

06-10-2006
V.I.P.

The cover is pretty, perhaps in an editorial... but not that much of an eye-catching cover.

Last edited by kissmesweet; 06-10-2006 at 08:06 AM.
06-10-2006
rising star

How did they shot this cover picture? Seems like the wind was from behind.

scenester

Well, I think this cover is pretty gorgeous..especially her flowy hair.

06-10-2006
trendsetter

most of the time her bone structure does not appeal to me at all but this cover make her look soo pretty :giggle: hehehe she looks pretty in here

06-10-2006
boop

It is really about time Allure moved away from these repetitive headshots.

06-10-2006
polka polka polka . dot

I think I can safely end my Allure boycott now. Scarlett's a great actress, although she's everywhere right now.

06-10-2006
backstage pass

this is precisely why there really isn't any movie stars anymore. I mean every rising startlet is shoved down our throats as if she had had a string of blockbusters under her belt. Covers for UK Vogue, Allure, Esquire, and Flaunt may all call her a great big moviestar that harks back to the golden age of hollywood but that didn't stop the Black Dahlia or Scoop from tanking as well as the Island, or that movie with Helen Hunt, or the Ballad of what-his-face with Travolta, she's the female Colin Farrell(that fool couldn't even get people to watch his sex tape how the hell is he going to get them into movie theaters). I really can't stand when actrices do all these covers with the excuse that their promoting a movie when in reality a magazine article is never going to sell movie tickets just sell out personal lives. Take Jennifer Aniston for example she did every cover on the planet and her movies still bombed, don't any of these dumbasses realize that if someones first reaction to seeing them is "God if I see Jennifer Aniston one more time I'm going to shoot my brains out", that their not going to pay 10.00 bucks to see 2 more hrs. of them. Jennifer needs to worship the ground Vince walks on for giving her a hit, nobody has ever said, 'Gee, I think I'll go watch the new Jennifer Aniston movie" no matter how interesting that find her personal life to be. There may be plenty of celebrities but there are very few movie stars. Poeple like Jennifer and Scarlett need to start selling movie tickets instead of US weekly to move from the formal to the latter.

06-10-2006
backstage pass

P.S. Totally going off subject here does anyone think that all thos covers Drew Barrymore is doing will stop whatever movie she's "promoting" from totally bombing as well as Scarlett's movie? They all have multiple covers this month and yet I still don't know what it is they are promoting, never the less their movie will come and go but as long as they keep the mags selling they'll still be considered big movie stars regardless of actual merit, while people well spend their money on non "star" driven vehicles like Narnia, Harry Potter,
King Kong, Finding Nemo, ETC. Maybe their is such a thing as bad publicity, Too Much Plubicity.

07-10-2006
backstage pass

good looking, thanks

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2006, allure, johansson, michael, november, scarlett, thompson