How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

21-08-2009
tfs star

Thanks !! For some reason, I felt guilty ! lol

Interesting article on their website : http://dazeddigital.com/Fashion/arti...ecade_In_Style

21-08-2009
fashion insider

I love all of them except Natalie. All of them are so chic! But my favorites must be Katie and Kate... so fabulous!

21-08-2009
rising star

Beautiful. I love the Natalie cover, but Kate's looks amazing too, I love the styling. So nice to see a good looking magazine after LOVE, POP etc

21-08-2009
fashion insider

This and the V cover is the worst Kate has looked ever for me...she needs some rest!

Previe of Clown
Photographer: Nick Night
Styling: Panos Yiapanis
Model: Carmen Kass
Hair: Sam McKnight
Make-Up: Hannah Murray
source on the image

21-08-2009
tfs star

wow..she doesn't looks like carmen kaas in that mask

21-08-2009
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by cesarcmma View Post
This and the V cover is the worst Kate has looked ever for me...she needs some rest!

Previe of Clown
Photographer: Nick Night
Styling: Panos Yiapanis
Model: Carmen Kass
Hair: Sam McKnight
Make-Up: Hannah Murray
source on the image

wait is that from the issue? if so WOW love

21-08-2009
V.I.P.

why four covers ? uncanny choice...

21-08-2009
she's got the look

Kate's and Natalie's are the best ones for me
Can't wait to see Carmen's ed... Those twitter posts were such teasers.

rising star

woooow! i LOVE each and every one of them

front row

natalie's is stunning. love the high fashion statement of kate's. vanessa's is beautiful. can't wait for the contents!!

21-08-2009
a hymn to darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott View Post
i'm sorry but this is a step-down from the extraordinary images of tilda last issue. although,i doubt they could ever top those. not terribly exciting these. and katie holmes....it's not a shock or even slightly surprising to see her since AM always puts rather generic celebs on their covers. at least their content counter-balances their unsavoury cover choices.
Pretty much. All of these are sub-par @ best, even Kate M's cover... Just boring and lifeless, imo...

Vanessa Paradise can look so amazingly gorgeous but she looks so void here... such a shame. Natalie Portman is good-looking but her overall boring nature is ever-so present. She's just doesn't have a light that draws you in or makes you care, imo. Katie Holmes does not have the face or presence to pull off something like this...

I can think of a dozen other individuals who could have contributed something much more interesting and beautiful to these covers...

front row

Wow, Natalie's cover is stunning

22-08-2009
backstage pass

Does anyone know when this is out? I think it was late Sept last year.

22-08-2009
I am half-sick of shadows

ANOTHER MAGAZINE A/W 2009
DECADE IN STYLE

Featuring four individual covers; Katie Holmes, Kate Moss, Vanessa Paradis and Natalie Portman photographed by Craig McDean and Hedi Slimane.

28 designers who define the decade, 28 women who define style, from Carine Roitfeld to Kylie Minogue, brought together by AnOther Magazine for a special collectors’ edition to mark the end of the decade.

AnOther Magazine has been given unprecedented access to the archives of the most important designers of the past ten years for this landmark project, pairing each of the 28 women with a collection by a different designer, encapsulating unique moments in a decade of fashion.

The pairings will be exclusively revealed on DazedDigital.com soon.

“At the end of this decade there should be a celebration of how far fashion and design have come, for the amazing new voices that have emerged and the reinventions which others have undergone. I am overjoyed that so many incredible women took part in this project; a chance to rise above these current fractured economic times and give real creativity in fashion its due.”
Jefferson Hack, Editor in Chief

The designers:
Azzedine Alaia, Burberry Prorsum, Calvin Klein, Chanel Haute Couture, Chloé, Christopher Kane, Dior, Dolce & Gabbana, Givenchy Haute Couture, Gucci, Hussein Chalayan, Jil Sander, John Galliano, Lanvin, Louis Vuitton, Marc Jacobs, Margiela, Marios Schwab, Miu Miu, Prada, Ralph Lauren, Rodarte, Balenciaga, Stella McCartney, Versace, Viktor & Rolf,Vivienne Westwood, YSL.

The cast:
Alison Mosshart, Ashley Olsen, Blake Lively, Carine Roitfeld, Charlotte Gainsbourg, Chloë Sevigny, Christina Ricci, Courtney Love, Diane Kruger, Eva Mendes, Jessica Stam, Kate Moss, Katie Holmes, Kirsten Dunst, Kylie Minogue, Lovefoxxx, Maggie Cheung, Mary-Kate Olsen, Michelle Williams, Milla Jovovich, Natalie Portman, Natasha Khan, Santigold, Scarlett Johansson, Sofia Coppola, Stella Tennant, Tilda Swinton, Vanessa Paradis, Winona Ryder.

AnOther Magazine, The Decade in Style, is proud to partner with CRYSTALLIZEDTM - Swarovski Elements.

To see all four covers, go to http://www.dazeddigital.com/

AnOther Magazine’s Autumn/Winter 2009 special collector’s edition is on-sale exclusively at Liberty from September 10 and then widely available from September 17 2009.

22-08-2009
I am half-sick of shadows

^ Forgot to say...this was from an email from AnOther Mag...I'm curious what the "special collector's edition" might be...

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
09, f or w, kate, katie, magazine, mcdean, natalie, slimane, vanessa