How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

03-04-2005
V.I.P.

He looks like death.

03-04-2005
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancingellecat
Maybe...she like's his personality?!

What amazes me at this place is that everyone is always looking at these beautiful women who have these men who aren't the idea of beauty and saying, "OMG how could she like him? He's so ugly! She could do so much better!"

Really, guys, grow up.
i think the looks comment is due to his Heroin addiction... which i myself think is quite unappealing and comes through in his face.. he looks like he is sick and is either on drugs or needs a hit

03-04-2005
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancingellecat
Maybe...she like's his personality?!

What amazes me at this place is that everyone is always looking at these beautiful women who have these men who aren't the idea of beauty and saying, "OMG how could she like him? He's so ugly! She could do so much better!"

Really, guys, grow up.
I was referring to this comment she supposedly made a while back....

07-04-2005
front row

the second cover really sucks..., btw, there're 2 different covers or the up and down of the magazine?

07-04-2005
front row

ok, he's butt ugly

07-04-2005
backstage pass

maybe he looks better when he isnt stoned..or maybe kate is stoned when she looks at him

trendsetter

I'm not even going to comment on Kate and/or Pete. Save to say that putting him on the cover further re-inforces the argument that AH+ is down the tubes.

The content is very poor. There is really nothing to it. There is a huge Bruce Weber "story" which seems to me to have absolutely nothing to do with fashion at all, never mind relevant modern fashion; it's just pictures of Ralph Lauren Model-looking boys dressed as cowboys. The section that deals with "things to watch out for" is, in the internet age, entirely redundant - almost everythign will already be known to anyone that would be interested in it anyway. The "collections" photos include Tommy Hilfiger. What?! It's a bit less of a gay boy lal la land (as Faust put it, or similarly, so amusingly), but none-the-less, broadly useless. Even Whimsicalist might not like it!

My advice - don't spend you 5/$10 and flick through it for five mins.

Actually Faust there is a section dealing with moscow and russian gymnasts which might interest you (although I think that part of the mag was really just an excuse for pictures of very young male gymnasts, so it probably wont).

07-04-2005
Heated

Ha! I love your review, Johnny! It really is a bad issue. They've lost the ball with this one.

07-04-2005
backstage pass

The first one = pretty
The second one = notsomuch

Neither capture even CLOSE how beautiful (albeit unhealthy and in decline) this boy is.

yes

was there a story inside?
i'd love to see him in a real dior homme heroin chic editorial

07-04-2005
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acid
was there a story inside?
i'd love to see him in a real dior homme heroin chic editorial
ooh ooh i second that

trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox in the Snow
ooh ooh i second that
There are some photos of him and some kind of interview, but i didn't bother with it. If you don't like the cover photos you wont like any of the others. I don't understand why he's so interesting to people. I've never read a single thing about him or that he's said that interets me. It can't be that he's a junky - there are thousands of junkies in housing estates all over the Uk and no one bothers with them. He's not that good looking either, really. He's like a drugged up Paul McCartney with slightly better hair. I'm not sure that it's his fault - it's just that he's been adopted by the media in the Uk as their tragic figure du jour.

07-04-2005
Swim Upstream

there is a quote on the page introducing the pete doherty story which I read (can't remeber who it was from) which was essentially elevating him to some stratospheric level of genius & fame. I couldn't even be ar*ed reading on......

07-04-2005
Naturellement pulpeuse

Why is there this whole culture of putting random crap in fashion rags? I bought i-D last month and it had about ten pages of fashion at the most.

Heated

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceOfCats
Why is there this whole culture of putting random crap in fashion rags? I bought i-D last month and it had about ten pages of fashion at the most.
I actually love that. I think fashion on its own is terribly boring. It's all the things that go along with it--politics, music, film, art, architecture--that make things interesting. I think the real problem here is our desperate tendency as a culture to elevate just about anyone to an almost godlike level if they happen to push the right buttons. Like Pete Doherty here. Who is he? What does he do that merits attention and praise? It's so tedious.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2005, arena, doherty, homme, pete, spring