How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

26-10-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Allure to Launch in Russia

Condé Nast International plans to launch Allure magazine in Russia in September, the publisher said today. The editor will be Ksenia Solomatina, who was most recently beauty director of Russian Tatler.
“The Russian market continues to expand, and Condé Nast has established itself as the leading upmarket media company,” stated Jonathan Newhouse, chairman of Condé Nast International. “The launch of Allure will build on that success.”
Allure, focused on beauty coverage, will be the eighth title to be published by Condé Nast Russia. The stable includes Vogue, Glamour, GQ, GQ Style, AD, Tatler, and Condé Nast Traveller.
Allure, which has a circulation of 1.1 million, was launched in the U.S. in 1991. A Korean edition of the title launched in 2003.
wwd.com

26-10-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Condé Nast Italy Unveils Myself Magazine

Condé Nast Italy has unveiled a new monthly magazine, named Myself, to bow in November. The cover-star on the first edition is Julia Roberts, interviewed for her 44th birthday. According to editor in chief Valeria Corbetta, Myself targets “multitasking” women ages 35 to 55 who juggle working, family life and socializing.

There’s already a version in Germany, which launched five years ago. The Italian launch was preceded by market research conducted by GfK Eurisko that estimated potential readership of 4 million. There also is a Web site.

“The collected data confirmed once more there was a need for these women to recognize themselves in a magazine closer to their interests and passions,” Corbetta said. “Myself is a brand-new magazine which combines high-quality content with interesting aesthetics, conceived for today’s woman, within a ‘democratic’ approach.”
vogue.it
wwd.com

26-10-2011
clever ain't wise

The horror. Julia Roberts eats herself.

26-10-2011
backstage pass

Whenever I see Julia Roberts, I expect bats to come flying out of her mouth.

01-11-2011
fashion elite

this shot doesn't make her justice but she's a great actress and a very pretty one too

02-11-2011
Mr. Magic

Quote:
A NEW HARPER’S LOOK BY SPRING: After a decade as editor in chief of Harper’s Bazaar, Glenda Bailey is plotting big changes for the magazine and WWD has learned she’s hired Robin Derrick of Spring Studios to help her make them. Derrick, who was creative director of British Vogue for 10 years until last June, will also work with Bazaar’s creative director Stephen Gan on a revamp that will be revealed in the March issue. As WWD reported, the title is also planning to increase the trim size and upgrade its paper and cover stock, along with reducing frequency to 10 times a year.

“After 10 years, it’s time to refresh — Stephen and I are looking forward to evolving Bazaar’s design for the next decade and we are excited to be collaborating with Robin,” Bailey said.

A spokeswoman said Spring Studios has just been retained, so it’s too early to comment on pending changes.
wwd.com

(IT'S GOING DOWN
)
MENS Runway Model Showlists - Mens RTW S/S 2015

02-11-2011
V.I.P.

Interesting...

02-11-2011
V.I.P.

Glenda should get Fabien Baron back if she wants to revamp US HB for a newer and fresher look. Of course I'm just kidding.

02-11-2011
V.I.P.

Hopefully the official beginning of the end for Glenda.

02-11-2011
MON
V.I.P.

Quote:
“After 10 years, it’s time to refresh

No Girl! It should be "After 10 years, it`s time to RETIRE"

02-11-2011
V.I.P.

^ Hahah, but seriously this is exciting prospect for the book, it sure needs some change, and he just might bring it. At least Bailey, no matter how clueless she is, realizes there is a time for change!

02-11-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MON View Post

No Girl! It should be "After 10 years, it`s time to RETIRE"
You said it!

03-11-2011
fashion elite

I don't see how the hiring new people and getting a bigger size for the mag, which is a very bad idea to start with = Spanish Harper's Bazaar did it and they've lost me after that : it's stupid, could somehow increase sales. They indeed need BIG changes! And it starts with a new editor in chief period! Glenda doesn't do the job properly, it's been obvious with the last years of the mag so I'm curious to see their march issue...

04-11-2011
V.I.P.

I don't have high hopes about US Bazaar tbh, because I don't think Derrick did anything exciting with Vogue, especially last years. But I really want to be pleasantly surprised when I'll see result.

Last edited by tarsha; 04-11-2011 at 03:23 PM.

04-11-2011
don't look down

When it came to UK Vogue, I wasn't overenamoured of his stamp on the magazine, but working with a different team for a different market, the results could be surprising.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#2, 2010, 2013, august, business, magazines, march