How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

07-06-2012
V.I.P.

s7.zetaboards.com

I had a funny feeling this would happen but hearing it IRL makes everything so much better! Alex's presence has been sorely missed from the editorial world; hopefully this brings back a bit of excitement to fashion imagery, which is going down the drain rapidly.

Funny how the switch around worked! You made my day Miss Dalloway, TY .

07-06-2012
V.I.P.

Thanking the Gods of fashion for this news rn! I was thinking about Alex a few days ago but my feeling was that she'll go to VI, but Vogue US is just as great! So excited right now for her eds with M&M and McDean. Hopefully, she will have in ed in the September issue if she's already shot three stories.

07-06-2012
V.I.P.

I just realized, Alex and Camilla under one magazine..again. This time though, it's the major one.

07-06-2012
windowshopping

^This means though that they won't have as much creative freedom as they did in W.

08-06-2012
fashion insider

Does anyone know if it’s possible to find out how many issues Vogue Paris is selling each month under Alt’s reign? I guess she’s doing worse than Carine since so many people stopped buying the magazine (myself included), but I wonder if you have accurate figures…

11-06-2012
V.I.P.

Vogue Ukraine:

Quote:
VOGUE will launch in the Ukraine within the next 12 months, following a new license partnership with one of the region's leading media companies, UMH Group.

"The Ukraine is ready for Vogue," said Condé Nast International chairman and chief executive Jonathan Newhouse. "Kiev is booming, and there is a strong market demand for luxury products and the experience Vogue can offer the reader."

Members of Vogue Ukraine's editorial team have not yet been confirmed. It will be the 20th edition of the magazine worldwide.

"A partnership with Condé Nast is a great honour and responsibility for UMH Group," said president of UMH Group Boris Lozhkin. "This will take the media business in Ukraine to a new level, while the launch of Vogue has great significance for the entire luxury market."
vogue.co.uk

11-06-2012
fashion elite

I dont want another Vogue at all.
But thinking positive and cant wait to see Queen Snejana on the cover of every issue.

Last edited by jmrmartinho; 11-06-2012 at 07:25 AM.

11-06-2012
fashion icon

Vogue is the new Elle - 40+ editions. And that's okay, since it stopped being something very special some time ago.
Vogue is a myth; yes couple of editions are really amazing (UK, VP) but I don't see why is it on the higher level than Elle or H.Bazaar? Maybe it features more luxurious items than other magazines, but the quality of the magazine is the same, IMO.

At least we'll have one more magazine to discuss during the month

12-06-2012
V.I.P.

More about Vogue Ukraine...

Quote:
Vogue’s New Edition – Following up the recent launch of Vogue Netherlands, Condé Nast announced it is bringing the fashion bible to the Ukraine within the next year. This will mark the 20th edition of Vogue, and should inspire many fashionable covers like the one above. (The Cut)

Liya Kebede, Natalia Vodianova & Anna Jagodzinska on the cover of American Vogue May 2009, Photo by Steven Meisel
fashiongonerogue

Last edited by Pradable; 12-06-2012 at 03:42 PM.

17-06-2012
V.I.P.

I'm very disappointed because of the preparation of VOGUE Ukraine. It does not make me sense at all. Ukraine is economically and socially weak country and has one of the lowest living status in Europe.

Czech&Slovak Vogue (eventually Slavic) would be much more benefical with much more stable background.

17-06-2012
V.I.P.

UK Vogue's Harriet Quick (Features Director) is leaving the book after 11 years, she is now Editorial Director of Luxup.

Really enjoyed her contributions, she had a very nice view on fashion imo, will be missed.

18-06-2012
fashion insider

Quote:
Condé Nast Is Reportedly Forbidding Photographers and Editors From Working With Carine Roitfeld on her New Magazine

Carine Roitfeld‘s new fashion glossy CR is set to launch this September, and the fashion industry is pretty excited to see what she’ll dish up. Well, everyone except Condé Nast, that is, if a report in Page Six is to be believed.

According to the gossip column, Condé’s chairman Jonathan Newhouse has sent correspondence to photographers and editors “ordering” them not to work with Carine. Apparently he sent word to Mario Testino, Craig McDean, David Sims and the Mert Alas and Marcus Piggott team to “remind” them that they have exclusive agreements to shoot for Condé mags only. We had already heard that Testino wouldn’t be a part of the mag, but it sounds like Condé may be concerned that its other marquee names may de-camp over to Carine, who obviously has many friend in the industry. Page Six‘s source also told the paper that even those not under contractual obligation have been “discouraged” from working with Carine.

“Everyone is buzzing about the Condé roadblocks against Carine,” one “fashion insider” said. “People love Carine but are more frightened of the Condé Nast machine.” We already know of one Conde decampment for CR, Teen Vogue‘s Shiona Turini, and we hear that Turini didn’t leave under the best of terms.

Neither Condé nor Carine’s reps responded to Page Six, but this doesn’t sound that farfetched. The circumstances surrounding Carine’s exit from Vogue Paris hinted at a disagreement with the powers that be at Condé, and she’s still a sought-after editor, despite the fact that she’s branched out on her own.

It will be interesting to see how this all plays out. Because, what about advertisers? We can’t help but wonder if brands–who would hate (read: can’t afford) to lose the support of Anna Wintour and the Condé machine–may be strong-armed into not working with CR Fashion Book.
fashionista.com

18-06-2012
V.I.P.

^Thanks for posting this. What I don't understand is, if Testino, M&M and McDean are under contract with Conde Nast, why are they allowed to work for Interview and V and not for CR?

18-06-2012
fashion elite

^I had the same thought, maybe its because CR is a new magazine (?)

18-06-2012
V.I.P.

^Yes, but CR is published by the same publishing house as V, so it doesn't really make sense....at least to me.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#2, 2010, 2013, august, business, magazines, march