How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

08-08-2012
V.I.P.

I don't think Tatler teens aspire to be like their peers. They believe they're already better than their peers. That's why they're reading Tatler I imagine!

I'm really glad Adele sold well for US Vogue. I felt like when Alexandra was commenting on the complete lack of sales for her UK cover she was trying to shift the blame onto Adele. She wasn't shot well, the cover was great, so it didn't sell. It evidentially doesn't have much to do with Adele does it. It's the cover itself. Alexandra said Adele wouldn't them shoot her full body... yet Anna Wintour managed to get a shot down to her waist...

09-08-2012
front row

BOW DOWN to Jennifer Aniston selling power!!!

15-08-2012
trendsetter

I've been told by a reliable source that LOVE Magazine is ceasing and the last issue No. 8 will be the last one published.

15-08-2012
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro View Post
I've been told by a reliable source that LOVE Magazine is ceasing and the last issue No. 8 will be the last one published.
Really? Not surprised though, it's the worst magazine of it's kind.

15-08-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
That's a pity, because I really love this magazine...

15-08-2012
Some Like It Hot

Moderator Note : Moved the discussion of LOVE magazine, here to Business of Magazines.

15-08-2012
Some Like It Hot

I'm disappointed about LOVE, but this can only mean that Katie is moving somewhere else... .

15-08-2012
V.I.P.

^ It must mean that, i did like a lot of their content, but its exciting to see where she might land.

15-08-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Really??? Well that totally surprised me. Wasn't expecting such news.

15-08-2012
Some Like It Hot

^^Yeah, exactly, but if you remember there was a report just after LOVE was created that LOVE was just a short stop gap for Katie before she went onto Vogue, we all know at some point or another Katie will be an EIC at an edition of Vogue... now might be the time, but which edition ?

hautechild just mentioned to me what about her team at LOVE, if you guys remember when Katie left POP she took her entire team with her, she has just hired new editors (Lulu Kennedy & Alex Fury etc etc) but she could easily take them with her.... I think closing LOVE is a bit dramatic, perhaps they could enlist a new editor in chief, Fran Burns or Victoria Young perhaps ? they both have a fresh point of view on fashion, but that is just my opinion.

15-08-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanelcouture09 View Post
I'm disappointed about LOVE, but this can only mean that Katie is moving somewhere else... .
Away from Conde Nast??? Or is she staying inside the company?

Last edited by mikel; 15-08-2012 at 08:38 AM.

15-08-2012
V.I.P.

Really caught by surprise by these news. It's either because of bad sales performance or because as people speculate Katie is going somewhere else. It's a pity, I found Love to be a magazine I relied on to provide plenty of editorial content that I love, something rare for me nowadays. Hopefully, Katie will replace Alexandra and rehaul that trainwreck Vogue UK.

15-08-2012
fashion elite

OMG Love is my favourite maagzine
I cant believe it...its quite strange since they even have a new editor from ShowStudio.
I hope it stays on because its the only magazine I can count for heavy and true fashion with great execution.

15-08-2012
fashion insider

Quote:
There is a rumour today that Love is closing, it isn't. Happy August.
twitter / THELOVEMAGAZINE

15-08-2012
V.I.P.

^Hopefully, this is true and not just to dismiss the rumours until an official announcement is made.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#2, 2010, 2013, august, business, magazines, march