How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

18-09-2012
The future is stupid

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohmycolin View Post
So then I guess that means ELLE's artistic direction is potentially going to be interesting, both good and bad... Marie Claire US' layouts are fairly high standard, but the covers are always so text ridden...
Suzanne Sykes is going to UK Elle. Joe Zee is the Creative Director of US Elle.

20-09-2012
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMagAddict View Post
Suzanne Sykes is going to UK Elle. Joe Zee is the Creative Director of US Elle.
I know that, we were talking about UK Elle

01-10-2012
V.I.P.

Czech publishers want VOGUE

In recent weeks, rumour has it about the interest of the local media owners to bring to the Czech Republic the Vogue magazine. But the question is if this plan can be successfully finalized.

Vogue is one of the few magazine brands which Czech readers do not have available in the mother tongue. Not because its expensive license fee, but because Vogue has quite strict rules for licensing. Condé Nast did not find Czech (+ Slovak) market interesting enough. In other words, the owner of the license has not been convinced that czech market presents a sufficient number of advertisers in the most luxurious segment as well as an adequate number of consumers with high-above-average incomes who are ready to invest considerable amounts of money for luxury branded goods.

That means that czech publishers must convince the licensor that the situation has changed and there are enough creditworthy advertisers and consumers for Vogue.

According to unofficial information, there are three publishers who wants to bring Vogue to the Czech Republic. The most likely is Zdenek Bakala, which has a majority stake in the company BXR Media which controlls Respekt Publishing and Economia.

Although neither Respekt Publishing nor Economia publish the lifestyle titles, Vogue could help in Bakalas business activities. Bakalas wife Michaela is the chairman of Luxury Brand Management company which exclusively represents several luxury brands in the country and wants to acquire another luxurious boutiques in the most expensive shopping street in Prague - The Paris Street. These expansion would bring to Luxury Brand Management the considerable influence in business of luxury brand goods in the Czech Republic and getting a fashion magazine like Vogue could be another logical step.

source: mediaguru.cz

01-10-2012
fashion elite

^No. Please no!!

04-10-2012
Mr. Magic

I love them both and pleased to hear this news. I have a high expectation from this
Quote:
UP THE MASTHEAD: Details has made a pair of promotions, naming Matthew Marden fashion director and Eugene Tong style director, both reporting to editor-in-chief Dan Peres. Marden was previously market director and Tong was previously senior style editor. In their new roles, Marden will oversee all fashion coverage for the magazine, including conceptualizing cover shoots and the fashion well, while Tong will assume responsibility for the front-of-book “Style” section. The fashion director post had been vacant for several years and style director is a new position at the title.
-wwd.com

(IT'S GOING DOWN
)
MENS Runway Model Showlists - Mens RTW S/S 2015

05-10-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
LAWRENCE DEPARTS: W magazine has struggled to recover to its prerecession heights, when it could command more than 400 pages in a September issue. But it has begun to find its footing recently. So on Thursday afternoon, it came as a surprise to Condé Nast management and W staff that the magazine’s loudest cheerleader, publisher Nina Lawrence, said she would be departing to become The Wall Street Journal’s new vice president of global marketing, advertising sales.

She broke the news to Condé Nast chief executive officer Charles Townsend earlier that day.

“My message was, I’ve loved this company and I love my job, but I’ve been fortunate to be offered a huge opportunity at the most monetized brand in the world, a company with huge scale, and uncompromising journalistic authority, and it’s the right time for me to take this opportunity,” Lawrence said.

Townsend was taken aback, she said, adding, “Everyone was.” The timing was especially curious because W has its national sales meeting in two weeks, though it now may be postponed.

Lawrence, who got her start at Time magazine 25 years ago, had also grown into the role of a Condé lifer. She’d been publisher of Mademoiselle and Brides and, in 2005, became the publisher of W, for a career at Condé that altogether spans 15 years.

When she joined W, the title was a powerhouse — its September issue that year commanded 388 pages, according to Media Industry Newsletter. This year’s September issue had 246. The high-end magazine struggled after the 2008 recession and only recently has begun to regain traction. Even as pages slipped, Lawrence survived a change in editors when Stefano Tonchi succeeded longtime editor in chief Patrick McCarthy in 2010.

Some of the credit for the resurgence goes to Tonchi, who is something of a shadow publisher. But also, to some extent, W had nowhere to go but up or it would have been in real trouble. The November 40th anniversary issue is fat with ad pages — 191, versus 93 the year before, according to MIN.

The magazine is up 12 percent through November, according to MIN.

“I’m not leaving out of any negative element,” she said. “I’m leaving because the opportunity is so great ahead of me.”

Michael F. Rooney, the Journal’s chief revenue officer, approached Lawrence about the job. The two of them had known each other since their days at Discover magazine.

At the Journal, where she starts Nov. 1, according to a spokeswoman, Lawrence will be responsible for creating marketing and business development efforts for the publication’s global sales team, which handles print and digital sales for the Wall Street Journal Europe as well as several other international editions.

A spokeswoman for Condé Nast said there were no plans to name a publisher in the interim.
wwd.com

11-10-2012
Mag Master

OMG!!! Carine Roitfeld is Bazaar's Global Fashion Director
Breaking News!
source: twitter/harpersbazaarus
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 001OMG.jpg (64.2 KB, 5 views)

11-10-2012
Mag Master

^Details
Carine Roitfeld Named Global Fashion Director of Harper’s Bazaar Read more: Breaking: Carine Roitfeld Named Global Fashion Director of Harper’s Bazaar

Harper’s Bazaar is thrilled to announce style icon Carine Roitfeld as global fashion director for the magazine. Roitfeld will produce a limited amount of editorials for the magazine to run across world wide editions, it was announced today by David Carey, president, Hearst Magazines, and Duncan Edwards, president and CEO, Hearst Magazines International. Roitfeld will collaborate with Stephen Gan, creative director of Harper’s BAZAAR U.S., on several stories a year starting in the March 2013 issues of all 26 international editions of BAZAAR, which have a combined audience of more than 11.3 million worldwide. The special project may include covers of many of BAZAAR’s international editions. Roitfeld, who has recently published the first edition of her new magazine CR Fashion Book, will give her own unique take on the key fashion trends each season. Edwards commented, “This collaboration marks the first time anything like this has been done and we’re very excited about what Carine will bring to BAZAAR editions around the world. She is a visionary in the fashion world and we are so happy to be working with her.” Carey said, “Hearst is the world’s largest publisher of monthly magazines, and we’re always looking for powerful ideas that can play out across the globe. Carine is one of the fashion world’s most influential tastemakers and we look forward to seeing what she does with BAZAAR. Her contributions will help lead the company to new heights on the creative front.” “I am thrilled to be contributing to BAZAAR, a brand with a rich history of creativity,” said Roitfeld. “Working with Stephen and a roster of talented photographers will be a wonderful collaboration and one that will give these stories a truly global audience.” Roitfeld will continue to work on her various other projects including her newly launched biannual, CR Fashion Book.
*glossynewsstand.tumblr.com

11-10-2012
fashion icon

Does this mean U.S. Bizarre will now have more breasts and cigarettes?

12-10-2012
V.I.P.

I imagine everything is going to have to be tailored to the edition it appears in. Her VP esthetic wont fit in British Bazaar too well either, but it's certainly quite exciting to think of a global fashion director doing bits for all editions.

12-10-2012
V.I.P.

^ Ya totally, but she, i think, can also bring the much needed better direction of the eds, within that HB look. I didn't enjoy her last few years at VP, and her mag debut did not impress, however this is a woman that understands the power of a good image. And i know its super predictable with this news to go there.....but it really makes me wonder if she might take over Bailey eventually.

12-10-2012
fashion elite

This is just an excuse for the magazine gaining hype.
Why not to put her as editor-in-chief of the american Bazzar, I mean, Glenda is destrying the magazine and the only single way to put the magazine up is to have another editor in chief and why not Carine?
This role is just very random...

12-10-2012
backstage pass

They're probably building her up for the EIC position. I wonder if her fav models will start appearing on the covers of US HB.... Since she left VP she's making serious bank tho. Styling top campaigns, various collaborations which carries her name, her magazine, and now this. I'm excited!

18-10-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Sally Singer, who left her job as editor of T Magazine in September, has been named the digital creative director of Vogue. She'll head back to 4 Times Square to take the newly created position on Oct. 29. Singer, who had been the features director and fashion news editor at Vogue before she took over T Magazine in 2010, will report to Anna Wintour and will work closely with Vogue.com Editor Caroline Palmer.
Fashionologie

18-10-2012
you soft and only

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modelo View Post
I wonder if her fav models will start appearing on the covers of US HB....
As if Glenda would allow that!

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#2, 2010, 2013, august, business, magazines, march