How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

05-11-2013
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galimatias View Post
What happened with Spanish V? The last issue was launched one year ago, with the cover of Kim Kardashian...
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarageGlamorous View Post
They closed last year, due to the tough economic situation Spain was going through.
The economic situation is not the reason, the magazine was really expensive, it starts costing 5€ and then 3€ but really thiner.

Its size make it really difficult to read in the bus/metro or even to put inside a bag, it was impossible.

I only bought the first issue, but it was difficult to find in the newstands, i wanted to buy the Saskia's cover issue and it was impossible to find it in my city.

This year have launched in Spain Forbes, Grazia and Icon magazine, so the economic situation is not the reason, i think...

05-11-2013
Mag Master

FINALLY..... since 31. October 2013 Vogue Italia has it's own iPad Magazine App

05-11-2013
V.I.P.

^ At least, lol, haha cool. Now i really want US Vogue to be able to purchase on zinio, i much prefer actual digital magazines available.

05-11-2013
fashion icon

I agree with Galimatias. I believe that those large magazines like V, W and Interview would stand a better chance if they were in standard sizes. (At least I would buy them often).

10-11-2013
scenester

Is not esay to keep them well because you don´t have place on the shelf to put them and is impossible to have them in perfect conditions...

12-11-2013
trendsetter

Quote:
Vogue Australia editor-in-chief Edwina McCann announces the appointment of a fashion director as Vogue's creative director heads to New York.

Vogue's senior fashion editor Christine Centenera will assume the role of fashion director of Vogue Australia following the successful launch of Miss Vogue under her stewardship.
"Christine is an incredibly talented stylist and a focused team leader. She has been mentored by Jillian Davison for five years and totally encapsulates the DNA of Vogue Australia both through her work and her personal style," says McCann. This year she has created two of our best-selling covers, Cara Delevingne and Erica Packer."
"I'm excited and honoured to take on this new role at Vogue Australia," says Centenera. "I'm proud to work for the Vogue brand and I look forward to new challenges and responsibilities and leading the very talented fashion team. Jillian has been an incredible mentor and friend over the past years and I will miss her dearly."
Vogue Australia creative director Jillian Davison has been asked by US Glamour’s editor-in-chief Cindi Leive and Conde Nast’s artistic director Anna Wintour to lead the fashion team of US Glamour, reporting to Leive. Davison will move to New York with her family in January to take up the position.
"It's an enormous honour for my colleague and friend to be asked to take on this important role," says McCann. "It's a wonderful testament to the work she has done with the Vogue team here in Australia. Jillian is and will always remain part of the Vogue Australia family."
source: vogue.com.au

Christine now Fashion Director as Jillian Davison heads to Glamour to replace Anne Christensen! Sad to see Jillian leaving, such an incredible stylist and herself, Edwina and Christine made such a dynamic team.

27-11-2013
fashion insider

Quote:
Miss Vogue to Be Published Biannually

DOUBLING UP: Taking a page out of its American cousin’s Teen Vogue, British Vogue is looking to extend its reach to a younger reader and will publish its new Miss Vogue edition twice in 2014. Miss Vogue made its debut in June as a supplement to British Vogue.

According to Stephen Quinn, publishing director of British Vogue, the June issue of Miss Vogue, which featured Cara Delevingne on the cover, was “enormously popular,” helping to sell and extra 20,000 copies of the main title. The supplement, which is targeted at a younger audience than its parent magazine, will be published with the April and October 2014 issues.

The title will be produced by the Vogue team and will incorporate “how to” and “bulletin” style pieces.
wwd.com

27-11-2013
trendsetter

^ So basically they are just following suit with what Vogue Australia is doing with their Miss Vogue edition.

27-11-2013
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Dalloway View Post
^ At least, lol, haha cool. Now i really want US Vogue to be able to purchase on zinio, i much prefer actual digital magazines available.
US Vogue is now on Zinio. 12 issues for $19.99.

trendsetter

What happened to Harpers Bazaar Germany?

03-12-2013
fashion icon

Hector, German Bazaar should start in 2014 (January or February, I'm not sure). The September issue with Daria was the pilot issue.

03-12-2013
trendsetter

Thanks It was difficult to find info on the magazine. Thanks for the info

09-12-2013
V.I.P.

Town & Country Names Nicoletta Santoro Creative Director-At-Large
Quote:
Nicoletta Santoro has been named creative director at large of Town&Country. She comes to the magazine from Vogue China, where she served as international fashion director at large. Previously, Santoro has worked with Vogue Italy, Vogue Paris, Vanity Fair and The New Yorker.

“Nicoletta is the rarest kind of stylist, one who creates extraordinary fashion images that connect directly to the cultural zeitgeist—and that is the perfect approach for my vision of Town & Country,” said Jay Fielden, the magazine’s editor, in a statement. “Together with Alex, and many of the industry’s top photographers she’ll deliver the most memorable, exciting, iconic images that the magazine has ever published.”

Santoro’s appointment is effective immediately.
[mediabistro.com]

_____

Quote:
Interview Editor in Chief Joins Harper’s Bazaar

Harper’s Bazaar has seen a number of editorial changes since former executive editor Kristina O’Neill left the magazine to become the editor in chief of WSJ. Magazine in Oct. 2012, and now the glossy has added another top-level staffer to its masthead.

On Tuesday, Hearst announced that Stephen Mooallem will take on the role of executive editor at Harper’s Bazaar’s, effective Jan. 2. Mooallem is currently the editor in chief of Interview magazine, a position he’s held since 2009. He’s replacing Kimberly Cutter in the role, who’s leaving her year-long post at the magazine in order to work on her second novel. In a press release, editor in chief Glenda Bailey said, ”Stephen comes to us with great experience and a unique point-of-view that will continue to support the Bazaar mission to be timely but timeless.”

It’s interesting that Mooallem would leave his post as editor in chief of a major magazine — albeit one with a smaller circulation than Harper’s Bazaar — for a position as executive editor. His move is similar to the one Keija Minor made in 2011: She gave up her role as editor in chief of Uptown Magazine to become the executive editor at Condé Nast title Brides, later becoming Brides‘ editor in chief when Anne Fulenwider decamped for Marie Claire. Could there be a Hearst EIC-ship in his future?
fashionista

10-12-2013
trendsetter

Let's hope they're grooming him for EIC. Although I'd like to see someone who is more about the elegant approach like Liz was as oppose to doing the edgy thing which is done to death.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#2, #3, business, magazines