The Business of Magazines #4 - Page 21 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
27-02-2018
V.I.P.

It was rather crafty of Anna to keep this under wraps. She made sure nobody would upstage this iconic moment. Really can't wait for her to just take over Si's position and leave Vogue because this is clearly what she's after. More power!

27-02-2018
V.I.P.

^I expect this to happen this year, probably after her 30th aniversary issue. It really is a perfect position for Wintour, she obviously done everything she could at Vogue, and it really feels like its time to pass over the torch to someone else. (that she will personally pick, of course)

But i don't believe for a second Edward cried, that is just pathetic SS nonsense for Daily (Trash) Mail.

27-02-2018
backstage pass

Rumours that the instyle uk website is to close...

27-02-2018
The future is stupid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Dalloway View Post
But i don't believe for a second Edward cried, that is just pathetic SS nonsense for Daily (Trash) Mail.
There’s no crying in Vogue

27-02-2018
V.I.P.

^

28-02-2018
No One Does It Like You.

Quote:
Condé Nast Launches Vogue in the Czech Republic and Slovakia

The magazine's print and digital debut will mark Condé Nast International's second Vogue rollout in Eastern Europe this year.

PRAGUE, Czech Republic — Condé Nast International (CNI) is launching Vogue in the Czech Republic and Slovakia. Published under a license agreement with V24 Media, the inaugural Czech print edition will debut in August this year with the September issue, alongside a digital platform.
The print magazine will be published in Czech (allowing for both Czech and Slovakian consumers to read the magazine) and the majority of revenues will supposedly come from print, but "events will also be a strong source of revenues," Karina Dobrotvorskaya, president and editorial director, brand development at CNI, told BoF. While V24 Media co-founders Michaela Seewald and Fabrice Biundo will spearhead the strategic vision for the magazine, key editorial appointments are yet to be confirmed.
The announcement closely follows the launch of Vogue Poland, which debuted earlier this month with its March issue. The Czech Republic and Slovakia edition will be the title's 24th.
businessoffashion.com

V.I.P.

Countries like Poland and Czech Rep certainly do deserve their own editions of Vogue, but Conde Nast looks so slutty nowadays, giving the license to anyone who offers a little bit of money. Remember when Emirates couldn't get the license for years...?
That is my sentiment towards CN, but on the other side, I'm very glad new titles and editions are appearing in a time where print is problematic.

28-02-2018
V.I.P.

Hold up, so Czech Republic and Slovakia gets a Vogue but nothing for Africa, and South America must make do with one? I mean, who's next, Austria? I frequently travel to Africa and I'd say they should at least consider one for South Africa or Nigeria. Maybe British Vogue can do a supplement or special edition for one of these two countries, just like Brazil does with that odd Miami supplement. It clearly seems the requirements shifted from 'are there a huge luxury market in the country' to 'do people actually buy magazines in the country.'

They're going about this willy-nilly. Let Poland serve the rest of the EE countries first, and build up a reputation. I'm sure Vogue Australia gets a chunk of their readers from the Kiwis and other neighbours. Same goes for Germany with Austria and Schweiz, the Netherlands with Belgium etc etc. They're stacking the odds up real high for Vogue Poland, and it's too soon.

Last edited by Benn98; 28-02-2018 at 03:28 AM.
28-02-2018
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benn98 View Post
Hold up, so Czech Republic and Slovakia gets a Vogue but nothing for Africa, and South America must make do with one? I mean, who's next, Austria? I frequently travel to Africa and I'd say they should at least consider one for South Africa or Nigeria. Maybe British Vogue can do a supplement or special edition for one of these two countries, just like Brazil does with that odd Miami supplement. It clearly seems the requirements shifted from 'are there a huge luxury market in the country' to 'do people actually buy magazines in the country.'

They're going about this willy-nilly. Let Poland serve the rest of the EE countries first, and build up a reputation. I'm sure Vogue Australia gets a chunk of their readers from the Kiwis and other neighbours. Same goes for Germany with Austria and Schweiz, the Netherlands with Belgium etc etc. They're stacking the odds up real high for Vogue Poland, and it's too soon.

It’s rather difficult for Vogue Poland to serve the rest of the region because of the language.

28-02-2018
backstage pass

Glamour UK relaunches this week. Rumours that Zoella/a blogger is on the cover. Which makes sense if there are rebranding as digital only.

28-02-2018
No One Does It Like You.

Quote:
Let Poland serve the rest of the EE countries first, and build up a reputation. I'm sure Vogue Australia gets a chunk of their readers from the Kiwis and other neighbours. Same goes for Germany with Austria and Schweiz, the Netherlands with Belgium etc etc. They're stacking the odds up real high for Vogue Poland, and it's too soon.
But this is virtually impossible. Despite a popular impression, Eastern Europe is a very heterogenic environment: language, culture and taste-wise. So the idea of Poland being a sort of leader of "the group" is ridiculous.

In my opinion, Vogue will serve as a platform for various advertising projects and hopefully as a playground for local creatives. Question is, is Vogue as brand to maintain its iconic status, when made locally by people previously associated with other titles? And is there really a base of people interested in actually buying the magazine?

front row

Quote:
Hold up, so Czech Republic and Slovakia gets a Vogue but nothing for Africa, and South America must make do with one?
Yess, thats what I have been saying for years with my friends. Vogue Argentina and Vogue Chile would be a dream come true.

08-03-2018
The future is stupid

Interview

source | mydigitalcopy

08-03-2018
V.I.P.

^ Much better idea for Interview to publish six issues annually, given their issues of organisation and how erratic the quality of it as a monthly mag has recently been up until this re-designed issue; I do wonder how the months will be split though?

14-03-2018
front row

Anyone know the sales number for US Vogue?

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#3, #4, business, editorinchief, fedorova, magazines, masha, russia, vogue