The Cover Challenge (PLEASE READ THE THREAD RULES IN POST #1)
If you don't remember the old Vogue Cover Challenge allow me to refresh your memory. This is the place where tFSers are given the chance each week to create their own versions of Vogue covers and engage in some good-natured competition while they are at it.
1. Challenges will run for a week at a time.
2. Each challenge has a theme that will be chosen by the previous week's winner.
3. Each participant may submit up to two covers per challenge. You may submit more than two, but you must specify which two covers you actually want to use for the round.
4. Please include the cover entry number, photographer (If available), model name (If available), and the source of your image (Please remember to source correctly -- another model's thread is not a proper source) in your submission post. Entries that violate this rule will, unfortunately, be disqualified from contention.
1. Once voting begins, it is too late to submit a new entry or change your previous cover submissions.
2. Voting is through private ballot. Please PM either HFGL or ChanelCouture09 (Filling in for Luxx & Faith Akiyama who have turned authority over)with your selections during each voting period.
3. You may vote for three covers per round. In your PM, please include all the necessary information about the entries and rank the covers in order from your 1st to your 3rd choice. 1st=3 points, 2nd=2 points and 3rd=1 point. An example is as follows:
#1. member A with model X (3 points) - cover entry #(1 or 2) - Post number (Link to post)
#2. member B with model Y (2 points) - cover entry #(1 or 2) - Post number (Link to post)
#3. member C with model Z (1 point) - cover entry #(1 or 2) - Post number (Link to post)
The total accumulated points for each cover entry will be what determines the winner(s) of that round.
4. You may vote for both covers entered by the same member for the round, but please do not vote for yourself.
5. At the end of the voting period, the votes will be counted by the moderators, and the results will be posted thereafter. We will try to post around the top 8-10 covers.
6. Please do not complain about the results of each round. Make your voice heard through voting, not through discontent and open criticism. Keep in mind that each voter's tastes and preferences cannot be controlled by anyone but the voter him/herself. And remember: This challenge comes with no actual prizes or rewards - IT'S JUST A GAME.
Also, if you have any resources, like fonts and what not, please feel free to share / link to them here.
The Cover Challenge (Logos, Tips & Tricks. Ask your technical questions here)
(MONDAY May 16th - MONDAY May 23rd)
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS IS SATURDAY May 21st at 11:59 PM
VOTING BEGINS ON SUNDAY May 22th
RESULTS POSTED ON MONDAY May 23rd
All Times are Eastern Standard (New York City timezone)
Theme: Rough and Tough (Chosen by GivenchyHomme)
Week 42 - "Streetstyle" - Entries || Winners
Week 43 - "Cover Makeover" - Entries|| Winners
Week 44 - "The Trend Issue" - Entries|| Winners
Week 45 - "Excessive Glamour" - Entries || Winners
Week 46 - "Avant Garde" - Entries || Winners
Week 47 - "Fairytales & Fantasy Land" - Entries|| Winners
Week 48 - "Jewelry" - Entries || Winners
Week 49 - "Geek Chic" - Entries|| Winners
Week 50 - "Latin/South American" - Entries|| Winners
Week 51 - "The Workout" - Entries|| Winners
Week 52 - "Emotions" - Entries|| Winners
Week 53 - "Gods of Fashion" - Entries || Winners
Week 54 - "Bad Girls" - Entries || Winners
Week 55 - "The Fashion Spot" - Entries|| Winners
Week 56 - "Controversial" - Entries || Winners
Week 57 - "Ultimate Femininity" - Entries || Winners
Week 58 - "Subcultures" - Entries || Winners
Week 59 - "Movies & Cinema" - Entries|| Winners
Week 60 - "1960's Mad Men" - Entries|| Winners
Week 61 - "Supermodels" - Entries|| Winners
Week 62 - "Album Art" - Entries|| Winners
Week 63 - "About a Girl" - Entries|| Winners
Week 64 - "Haute Topic" - Entries || Winners
Week 65 - "Flowers" - Entries || Winners
Week 66 - "Dreamlike/Surreal" - Entries || Winners
Week 67 - "Winter Wonderland" - Entries || Winners
Week 68 - "The Couple" - Entries || Winners
Week 69 - "Color Blast!" - Entries || Winners
Week 70 - "The Top 50 Male Models" - Entries || Winners
Week 71 - "Same Collection, Different Cover" - Entries || Winners
Week 72 - "Only Images from Vogue Italia January 2010" - Entries || Winners
Week 73 - "The Black Issue" - Entries || Winners
Week 74 - "Celebrities" - Entries || Winners
Week 75 - "Painting Inspired" - Entries || Winners
Week 76 - "Male Model Underwear Issue" - Entries || Winners
Week 77 - "Realisation: Carine Roitfeld" - Entries || Winners
Week 78 - "The Whatever Issue" - Entries || Winners
Week 79 - "Urban Luxe" - Entries || Winners
Week 80 - "Technology & Futurism" - Entries || Winners
Week 81 - "Amazon Women" - Entries || Winners
Week 82 - "Industry Insiders" - Entries || Winners
Week 83 - "Can you take the Heat ?" - Entries || Winners
Archive thread of Week #1 - 41
Archive thread of Week #42 - 63
RESULTS FOR ROUND #64 - "HAUTE TOPIC"
IAmLordZen - Entry 1 - "Religion"
Linda Evangelista by Pierpaolo Ferrari
CrisGalaxy - Entry 1 - "Gay Adoption Legalization"
Reid Prebenda by ?
nocturne - Entry 1 - "White Slave Trade"
Iris Strubegger by Sebastian Faena
Congratulations to all our winners! The controversial topics always bring about good covers
- Spring/Summer 2014 Showlists (Please help us!) -
Last edited by Chanelcouture09; 19-05-2011 at 02:34 PM.
Here we go! Thanks to GivenchyHomme for giving me an idea for the next theme.
After we all have seen the Galliano's flower garden in the latest Dior's haute couture collection, a floral cover is a trendy idea that we all can expect to see in the main fashion magazines (and I hope so).
Whether it's makeup, the clothes or the setting, your covers should show things which are related as to fashion as with the flowers and gardens. And please, don't limit yourselves using a picture with a model with a flower in her head.
I hope you like and enjoy it. Sorry for my english. Any doubt please, question me.
spanish models for the win!
Some Like It Hot
Model: Dree Hemingway
Ph: Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott
Source : community.livejournal.com/fashion_screen/ via Alien Sex Friend
A few times in my life I've had moments of clarity where the silence drowns out the noise and I can feel rather than think. - Tom Ford
|#1, challenge, cover, post, read, rules, thread|