How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

26-03-2013
fashion elite

congrats to Pradable! this is a wonderful round, really expect more people entering the challenge as vogue28 said

26-03-2013
backstage pass

can it be only men's arm and woman?

26-03-2013
V.I.P.

That's not the idea but yes...

fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmrmartinho View Post
Congratz Pradable. The winners are always the same
Im not saying this negatively, its just that you are so good that its pretty hard for other persons to win, I quit doing entries
Yes, this is absolutely what happened with this game. The only time I got top 3 was when only three people entered. I understand I'm not good enough to compete, so I also quit trying long ago. I haven't been paying attention much to who's been winning since the judging rules changed, so maybe things are better now.

Last edited by mint condish; 26-03-2013 at 01:47 PM.
26-03-2013
V.I.P.

I don't ever think the winners are done deliberately, I genuinely believe the best covers win and place each round. It's a fair game. I remember when the very first thread started, I felt so intimidated competing with such creative talents within the thriving thread it used to once be. But I just loved participating. My confidence only grew as I started to mess around with images and programs. It's a real shame a few members don't feel confident enough to participate. I'm a firm believer that practice makes perfect. Get creating!

Let's not overshadow the fact Pradable won this round, and has chosen an excellent new theme !

Last edited by vogue28; 26-03-2013 at 02:06 PM.
26-03-2013
fashion elite

well, I think a little feedback would be great.:p I used to get pm&karmas everytime making an entry. cuz it's all about communications, so maybe we can have more conversations than just posting entries? at least for me, the only two things I'm here, making stuffs and talk talk talk.

26-03-2013
V.I.P.

Excellent suggestion, Pricciao. But, I wonder how others would feel about a friendly discussion during each round? I'd like that.

fashion elite

Entry 1
PH.: Steven Meisel
MO.: Vanessa Axente and Gustav Swedberg
vogue.it

Since the big cover posters have been so suportive, here it goes

26-03-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vogue28 View Post
I don't ever think the winners are done deliberately, I genuinely believe the best covers win and place each round. It's a fair game. I remember when the very first thread started, I felt so intimidated competing with such creative talents within the thriving thread it used to once be. But I just loved participating. My confidence only grew as I started to mess around with images and programs. It's a real shame a few members don't feel confident enough to participate. I'm a firm believer that practice makes perfect. Get creating!

Let's not overshadow the fact Pradable won this round, and has chosen an excellent new theme !
So true

I want to re-show you my very first 'covers'

diamonds-wood.blogspot - essentielle.be

Isn't it hilarious, they don't even look like a cover, even Vogue Taiwan looks better (just saying).

front row

Congrats Pradable . But could anyone please tell me when the voting begins? It's been 2 rounds and I still don't know when to do that yet.

26-03-2013
backstage pass

Thank you! Yey Second place! COngrats Winners!

26-03-2013
backstage pass

Entry 1

fake Harper's Bazaar Thailand
Starring: Sean Combs & Natalia Vodianova
Photographer: Annie Leibovitz
Vogue.com via blueorchid
my first time using Thai text

Last edited by jeffandtheworld; 26-03-2013 at 11:42 PM.
26-03-2013
trendsetter

Thank you for the third place

27-03-2013
Mag Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmrmartinho View Post
Congratz Pradable. The winners are always the same
Im not saying this negatively, its just that you are so good that its pretty hard for other persons to win, I quit doing entries
finally someone expressed my feelings
not that i'd imply anything here, but i have to admit, this is a feeling i also get sometimes, seeing the same people win again & again.

i thought about it for a while and giving up also came to my mind. but i really love to be creative and i also get lots of karma comments for my covers, so quitting is not an option. :p

the thing with this whole challenge is, i'ts all about personal taste & emotions.
it depends much more on personal taste, since the voting changed (wich was truly necessary imo).
for example, i'd have choosen Polevshchikova's to win the summer round

emotionwise, i (and i think i'm not the only one) consider every cover, i create, as my baby, putting in all the efforts, from picture - to fontchoice. you always give something of yourself, when you finally upload it here.
so it's automaticly a little disappointing, if your "baby" doesn't win.

i think vogue28 is right, practising is the key to get better and the rest is simply luck to suit the voters taste.

i don't know, if a friendly discussion could work i'd really like to have that here, but it could be a minefield, because i don't think, we all know each other that well.
so imo there's always a risk to offend someone unintentional, because this is such an emotional theme.
would be interesteing to know, how all the other participants think about it

and finally congrats to Pradable & thank you for your great new theme ♥

Last edited by Mat Cyruss; 27-03-2013 at 03:09 AM.
27-03-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reesewu View Post
Congrats Pradable . But could anyone please tell me when the voting begins? It's been 2 rounds and I still don't know when to do that yet.
You don't vote. The winner of the previous round/selector of the current theme announces the winner a week after the theme has been posted. It was put into place a few months back, to encourage members to participate and to make it a little easier.

Mat Cyruss, I understand where you're coming from. I think the motto of this thread should be: 'You have to be in it.. to win it'. Ever since the thread started there has been different phases of members who participate. None of the members from the first thread enter covers now. This thread depends of a new wave of members to revive the thread and to fetch the new talent. But if everyone starts to moan they don't win, resulting in shunning the thread.. we won't get new talent. Therefore the same members will win over and over because there's no one else to.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#1, challenge, cover, post, read, rules, thread