How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

27-03-2013
Some Like It Hot

I do see everyones point in the fact the winners are always the same, they go on somewhat of a cycle, but it's the same with the ad campaign challenge.

But my one complaint with the complaints is we changed the voting system to accommodate the lack of voting so we left it up to the previous winner to select the winners and still that doesn't seem good enough, I do think the voting as it stands is fine but I think the previous winners need to have a bit of variety in who they are picking because I do get the sense that sometimes that the winners are picking their friends over the true competition.

All feedback is welcome and if you would like to go back to the old voting system then we can perhaps have a trial and see how we get on or we can leave it as it is?

27-03-2013
fashion elite

but the voting system is such a drag to be honest, it took a lot of time and at the end of that period, not many people involved. the biggest issue of all, not that I want to be hateful, but I disagree with most of the results. if we are going back to the voting, the rules need to be adjusted. like giving points, I think we can just make it easy as picking three favorite covers instead. and some other things like the deadline of results blahblahblah

27-03-2013
Some Like It Hot

^That's how the previous system was, you would PM me with your list of your top three favorite covers, but nobody could even do that half of the time I would receive 3 or 4 PM's when there would be say 10-15 members participating in the challenges, I mean does it really take that long to pick 3 winners and send them in a PM? the covers take longer than that to make and still now people have to be reminded to post their winners when it's just one person picking the winners.

27-03-2013
tfs star

I don't even think it matters who win's anyways, just remember that we all enjoy seeing your work and just beacuse you don't place it dosen't mean you have no talent. I love seeing all the new concepts and layouts that you guys come up with. I will admit that I quit participating for a while because the same 2-3 members kept winning, but now I could care less because I have fun making my covers and posting them. that is what this theead should be about, the fun of creating.

Last edited by GivenchyHomme; 27-03-2013 at 05:02 AM.

27-03-2013
fashion elite

personally I just want to hear what you guys think of my covers, either good or bad comments are better than no comment. these few weeks I feel like we are dumping something here and run, no fun at all...

27-03-2013
fashion insider

The voting seems more fair for me, but instead of sending PM (which is sometimes could be pretty lazy for some, including me hehe) what about posting the poll on this thread?

27-03-2013
backstage pass

I mean I dont even care about winning. I just love making covers. This week I got second place. Last week I didnt get any. Ive never won any challenge. Second Third whatsoever. My first cover was in 2010.

27-03-2013
fashion insider

I never check the winners - I just really enjoy everyone's talent & creativity. And I am super jealous because I would luv to create a cover but am totally clueless - even with some incrediblely patient tfsers.

27-03-2013
Some Like It Hot

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluxxx View Post
The voting seems more fair for me, but instead of sending PM (which is sometimes could be pretty lazy for some, including me hehe) what about posting the poll on this thread?
That would be incredibly messy and with conversation it would be more awkward to determine who won because it wouldn't be as straight forward as that, that was originally why the idea was thrown out ages ago.

The mention of praise and critiquing.. isn't that what Karma is there for? I think for there to be public praise would be incredibly tiresome of every cover, of course some members choose to voice it in the thread and some via karma, I'm not saying it's a no go area, but with the praise everyone must take criticism so expect some people to actually say 'in fact I don't like it' and this is again where problems have risen before.

27-03-2013
Mag Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanelcouture09 View Post
That would be incredibly messy and with conversation it would be more awkward to determine who won because it wouldn't be as straight forward as that, that was originally why the idea was thrown out ages ago.

The mention of praise and critiquing.. isn't that what Karma is there for? I think for there to be public praise would be incredibly tiresome of every cover, of course some members choose to voice it in the thread and some via karma, I'm not saying it's a no go area, but with the praise everyone must take criticism so expect some people to actually say 'in fact I don't like it' and this is again where problems have risen before.
that's what i've meant with the minefield, besides you can sometimes simply go wrong by interpreting the written word

the voting is really a problem and i wish we could have the best of both worlds (NO, not that Hannah Montana thing ) the simplicity of one voter & taste range of all participants....... i have no idea

27-03-2013
fashion elite

I come up with a crazy idea, we can still vote, but the winner and challenge announcer can be different person, the announcer will reveal the theme for next challenge and the next announcer (one of the first~fifth place due to the result of next challenge voting, which will be known at the end of the next week), how do you guys think

27-03-2013
Mag Master

^ and how will the announcer be chosen?
maybe it could be a turn per round..... starting with the next round's 3rd or even the 5th place, for the follwing week it will be the 2nd/4th place and so on?

what do you guys think? with that we have a always winner and everyone gets the chance to choose a new theme.....

27-03-2013
Some Like It Hot

But that is the concept we currently have going on, the announcers are always different since they are the winners.

27-03-2013
fashion elite

for example, if I am the announcer of this week, I will announce the theme and the next announcer is the 5th place of the next week result. apparently I wouldn't know how the vote goes right?

27-03-2013
Some Like It Hot

^But what would be the point in there being a winner? since the reward in winning is picking the theme and announcing the winners...

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#1, challenge, cover, post, read, rules, thread