How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

27-03-2013
Mag Master

yep, but that's what this whole discussion is about, as always the same few persons win & choose the new theme

it was just an idea to mix things up a little, without getting too complicated & putting in too much effort for one person like you & vogue28 did in the past.

as some members mentioned before it isn't all about winning but i think it's a little fairer for everyone gettin the chance to choose a new theme

Last edited by Mat Cyruss; 27-03-2013 at 06:55 AM.

27-03-2013
Some Like It Hot

So we'll go back to voting via PM then, because then we all get a fair input into who deserves to win.

27-03-2013
fashion elite

Why not make a separate thread for voting, you can only vote there, no coments or results, only voting. I think that would be fair and would stop the lack of votes, at least for me, I think voting via coment is way easier than PM, and like that I would vote every time,a nd it would still be fair.

27-03-2013
Mag Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanelcouture09 View Post
So we'll go back to voting via PM then, because then we all get a fair input into who deserves to win.
really? i think that would be frustrating again, with all the waiting for the votes, but i could support you with that

Last edited by Mat Cyruss; 27-03-2013 at 07:12 AM.

27-03-2013
V.I.P.

I doubt reverting back to the previous voting system will resolve the problem. It has proved before that the old system failed, hence the new system that's in action now, which I think works wonderfully. There are a lot more members who participate now. It gives members a sense of ownership and involvement within the whole thread, as opposed to just creating a cover and posting.

I think the discussion regarding the winners is really unfair to the members who have won a few rounds (myself included). The way I see it, a winner is a winner, fair and square. It's just unfortunate that yourself or your favourite didn't win or place that specific round and better luck next time. I do understand it's a sense of rejection when someone has entered countless covers and never won before. But that's life, unfortunately.

As for feedback, like I mentioned earlier, I wouldn't mind taking part in that. I don't mind members sending me a PM for feedback either. I think for members who disagree with feedback and are unwilling for members to dissect their entries - a private message between members who agree would be more appropriate. Obviously, discussing their own covers and options and no one else's.

27-03-2013
front row

Entry #1
Maggie Cheung by Mario Sorrenti

source

27-03-2013
fashion elite

Personally I think the voting system works best the way it is now. Give one person control -- a different person each round -- whoever wins that round should decide the theme and the winner -- it's the cleanest, it's the simplest, it's the fastest, it's the most organized. I really don't think that needs to change because with the old way of everyone voting
1) it took too long or no one voted
2) the people counting the votes got very frustrated
3) the same people always won anyway (so going back to everyone voting doesn't solve that problem).

I think everyone is entitled to their own opinion and when jmrmartinho expressed his I was extremely happy to hear that someone else has felt what I felt. I used to send in a cover and try hard every week for several months. The best people might have always won, sure, who knows. I don't think we have an "unfair" view, just a different opinion. Really , it's just venting, and I don't think the game should change. I'm just glad someone expressed this opinion.

As for public feedback, I don't think that's a good idea, but I don't enter anyway.

In my opinion , the ad challenge thread is very different. When I posted entries there, lots of compliments/karma. It was very encouraging and lots of camaraderie. ( Same with the Avatar Library thread, I think everyone had a chance of winning).

I am not asking for anything to change, just expressing my opinion. I think with the new way of voting, this should really hopefully enable different people to win, because that's exactly what happened in Avatar Library.

Last edited by mint condish; 27-03-2013 at 07:17 PM.

27-03-2013
fashion elite

I don't know what time to start posting entries better, so may I just interupt. and of course about the feedback thing, I do understand it can be either good or really bad effort to this thread, so I think we can put that aside. it's fine.
ENTRY 1. Alana Zimmer & ? by ?
models.com

27-03-2013
V.I.P.

Entry just for love
Bette and a gorgeous lad by Mert & Marcus
Facebook - Ford Homme via Flashbang
click for HQ

29-03-2013
fashion insider

Entry #1
Tanja & Jamie; David & Lulla | Ph: Rankin
dazeddigital

30-03-2013
fashion elite

^lovely

30-03-2013
Mag Master

Entry#1
my last comment to the voting issue is, that i think we should keep it as it is, because otherwise it would be messed up again and take too long. and i agree with mint condish, it's good that jmrmartinho expressed his feelings.
so here's my next entry:

Daria Werbowy & Andrés Velencoso by Inez & Vinoodh
CLICK FOR HQ

dariawerbowy.onsugar

Last edited by Mat Cyruss; 30-03-2013 at 05:24 AM.

30-03-2013
V.I.P.

#1 Daria Werbowy & Franceso Vezzoli by Mario Testino, scanned by elsaskywalker

30-03-2013
V.I.P.

ENTRY #1
by Mikael Jansson

UHQ COVER

[via wilsonwenzel.com]

30-03-2013
backstage pass

Entry 2