The Cover Challenge (PLEASE READ THE THREAD RULES IN POST #1) - Page 38 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

12-01-2018
fashion icon

2 more days. More entries please!

tfs star

Hi everyone! I've been a member for awhile now and I've always wanted to participate in this thread (honestly, you are all so talented! I'm in love with every cover posted here), but I'm just a little scared that I'll create something disastrous (). As well, I'm not sure how to get the correct fonts (like for Vogue, Porter, Numero, etc.). Also, what kinds of programs are you using to create the covers? If someone could let me know about these things, I would really appreciate it.

12-01-2018
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluestar View Post
Hi everyone! I've been a member for awhile now and I've always wanted to participate in this thread (honestly, you are all so talented! I'm in love with every cover posted here), but I'm just a little scared that I'll create something disastrous (). As well, I'm not sure how to get the correct fonts (like for Vogue, Porter, Numero, etc.). Also, what kinds of programs are you using to create the covers? If someone could let me know about these things, I would really appreciate it.
Hi! Of course you should participate, and don't you worry! There are some good sites out there where you can download your own fonts (example: dafont) and as far as the fonts magazines uses this thread is very good: http://forums.thefashionspot.com/f78...nts-77902.html. I think some uses Photoshop, but two good free options are PicMonkey (actually a website not a program) and Photoscape. Good luck!

V.I.P.

^I'm with you - come join us!

Must admit that I was nervous when this thread first came about too, seeing everyone's jaw-dropping entries and the amount of members who would participate was insane. I remember a Sasha Pivovarova cover for Vogue Japan which was submitted by Luxx and it blew me away (I was so jealous). I had absolutely ZERO skills on any sort of image-editing software back then. The program I use now is called Paint.NET which is completely free to download.

This thread here (http://forums.thefashionspot.com/f78...re-115353.html) is also very good and has all the mastheads and advice you'd want. I look forward to seeing your entry, bluestar!

MON
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluestar View Post
Letís go, BlueStar! I started out with PowerPoint! It gets the job done (it now even has the transparent background feature). Each entry, for me, was done to try something new. Now Iím using photoshop. Make sure to utilize the logos provided by our generous members in the abovementioned link! And use whatever font you desire.

And donít be scared! Thereís no such thing as a disastrous entry. Creativity matters more that the fact of emulating magazines to a tea. Letís go!!

12-01-2018
V.I.P.

#1 Anja Rubik by Ben Hassett, from fashioncow.com

tfs star

ENTRY #1

Anna Ewers by Patrick Demarchelier

image: visualoptimism.blogspot

Thanks again for the quick responses, StockholmFW, vogue28, and MON. I really wanted to submit something for the current theme, so here it is! My first cover! I know it's not colourful or as "out there" as some of the other submissions (which are amazing btw), but I love how over the top the styling is! Thanks again, everyone, for giving me the confidence to make my first cover!

12-01-2018
tfs star

^Amazing first entry! That styling is fantastic and definitely over the top in my opinion, also her glance a bit dazed is definitely something different for a cover. Fashion Drama is a great choice too for the text!

12-01-2018
V.I.P.

Great covers!

trendsetter

Entry 2
Naomi Campbell & Liya Kebede by Steven Meisel

[/url] [/url]
http://ftape.com

12-01-2018
V.I.P.

^ Cool

tfs star

Results time?

14-01-2018
rising star

Guess I'm too late My entires just for fun

#1: Daphne by Greg Kadel instagram.com/letspanicmag. #2: Alek by Greg Kadel imgmodels.com/news/alek-wek-lets-panic-4. #3: Laetitia de Montalembert by Camille Vivier camillevivier.com/lets-panic-issue-04/

15-01-2018
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egoiste View Post
Entry 2
Naomi Campbell & Liya Kebede by Steven Meisel

http://ftape.com
LOVE THEM!!

17-01-2018
fashion insider

just for fun...

Entry #1