How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

19-05-2007
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucy92 View Post
jessica simpson is on the july or august cover of harpers. theres lots of pics of her floating around holding balloons.
shame on a fashion magazine for using her, after her appearences at the MET and Cannes

19-05-2007
tailored

cross liv tyler off the list of july vogue possibilities...
she's going to be on july's allure...

it wouldn't surprise me of jennifer lopez turned up on vogue soon...
the movie she produced and starred in el cantante (?) is coming out in either july or august

19-05-2007
Amour Comme Hiver

Yeah, I think J.LO is a good choice because she does have a fan in Anna. One thing I would say is safe to go on is that it will be a returning cover girl. Jennifer Hudson, the models... I don't think we're going to anyone new for a while.

20-05-2007
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emily marie View Post
Isn't September their Fashion/Style issue?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuba01
my logic is that if the September Vogue is the style/fashion issue (how ironic is that! a fashion magazine being a fashion special!) - they should use someone like Gemma Ward or Daria Werbowy.
I could be wrong, but I thought that Emily Marie was wondering if the september issue of Vanity Fair is their fashion/style issue...

I thought that the fashion/style issue of september 06 (with Kate Moss on the cover) was the first in an annual series. So maybe they combine Brazil with the fashion/style theme? Hardly original imho.

22-05-2007
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuba01 View Post
I wish someone like Chloe Sevigny got the cover of Vogue - or the Olsen twins - both of whom experiment and style themselves with haute fashion.

Kate Moss would be great also - for the 'fashion issue'.
i'd die if it were the olsens or chloe. =]

22-05-2007
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by farren fashion View Post
i'd die if it were the olsens or chloe. =]
lol I'd die if it was them three TOGETHER! in Chloe FW 07 clothes!

22-05-2007
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KhaoticKharma View Post
Yeah, I think J.LO is a good choice because she does have a fan in Anna. One thing I would say is safe to go on is that it will be a returning cover girl. Jennifer Hudson, the models... I don't think we're going to anyone new for a while.
What do you mean,she has a fan in Anna?

Jennifer Lopez is most definitely,personna non grata when it comes to US Vogue!She is never featured,not even pictures from red-carpet events,like other actresses are.And there was so much drama and backstage games,deals.etc before Jennifer got her cover.Weinsten practically twisted Annas arm in order to get her the cover.

And its weird if you think that someone like Penelope Cruz was given the cover,very early in her career while Jennifer was the most successcful Latina in Hollywood and had to wait for her Vogue cover longer than others.

Last edited by Miss Dalloway; 22-05-2007 at 12:28 PM.

22-05-2007
tfs star

^^^ And wasn't JLos cover only a January or February issue- the smallest of the year?

22-05-2007
V.I.P.

Yes,it was January and it was very,very thin even more than usual!

Last edited by Miss Dalloway; 22-05-2007 at 01:17 PM.

22-05-2007
V.I.P.

i still think meryl streep might have an upcoming vogue cover. she has been on the cover of vogue before. and maybe anna has gotten over "the devil wears prada".
the movie "evening" looks like its really good that meryl is in.

jennifer lopez's last movie was so terrible that it wasnt even released "Bordertown". jennifer's next movie "el cantante" will have a limited release august 1. advance buzz is bad on that one as well.

i also think there is some jennifer lopez fatigue here.

i think the thinnest issue of vogue has to be the issue that had sienna miller on the cover!

22-05-2007
V.I.P.

^^I am 95% sure there is absoloutely no chance whatsoever for Meryl to score the cover(and i dont think she was on the cover of VOGUE ever,wich says alot about their Politics!)not only because of the TDWP thing but simply Vogue dosent give their covers to older women,no matter how great they are.

The movie you are mentioning looks amazing BUT Meryl only has a cameo in it,even her daughter has a bigger role,so i dont see her getting a cover based on that movie.

All that said,i will be the happiest woman on the planet if i see Meryl on the cover of US Vogue.

The issue with Sienna was similary thin but i still think the one Jennifer was on was thinner. :p

Last edited by Miss Dalloway; 22-05-2007 at 02:33 PM.

22-05-2007
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuba01 View Post
lol I'd die if it was them three TOGETHER! in Chloe FW 07 clothes!
you've got to stop kuba. you're gonna give me a heart attack! my imagination is going haywires! hahaha.

22-05-2007
The future is stupid

Meryl has never been on the cover of US Vogue but she was on Paris Vogue Mary 1989

ebay

23-05-2007
V.I.P.

^^Thats right,MMA and she was featured in US Vogue only couple of times,its a shame if you think about it,one of the greatest American actresses and she was never on US Vogue!
Meryl actaully recently said in an interview that she was never beautiful or thin enough to get the cover of Vogue.(wich is not true,imho she is beautiful.)

But to be fair Meryl dosent have alot of covers in general,specially not for a star like her.

Last edited by Miss Dalloway; 23-05-2007 at 05:16 AM.

23-05-2007
V.I.P.

^wow, i have never seen that one before. thanks!

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#1, cover, rumor, thread