How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

07-11-2008
V.I.P.

Thanks thiago for the news. I can't wait to see aline on the calendar .

07-11-2008
V.I.P.

its out 28th november right? my birthday

07-11-2008
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vogue28 View Post
its out 28th november right? my birthday
nice birthday gift . I can't wait to see the mag!

07-11-2008
fashion insider

I'm stunned to see ts still being argued that Vogue is just a fashion magazine. Wake up people it's almost 2009. Vogue is much more than a fashion magazine now. Michelle Obama deserves a cover. What makes her different from Hilary? The fact that she's black? She would do alot for the magazines name. Just as her husband is doing alot for his country. Open your stubborn eyes people, magazines are going in a different direction. But their not losing sight of what their purpose is which is fashion.

07-11-2008
don't look down

The people wondering why or how Michelle Obama could get the cover of US Vogue maybe haven't noticed the huge amount of coverage the magazine gives to socially powerful women in its articles. Women who have status in their own right, and women who operate socially as wives to powerful men. I read those articles, maybe a lot of people don't.

Sure, most of these women aren't 'celebrity' enough to ever get a cover, because most of them don't have the model looks of Melania Trump, one of the few who did manage to qualify for the front of Vogue. But the wife of the President has celebrity appeal in spades. I wasn't surprised when Hilary Clinton got the cover, and I won't be surprised when Michelle gets the cover. It would be a total coup for the magazine and likely a runaway success on the newsstand. In most states.

07-11-2008
backstage pass

I don't understand why there's so much fuss about Michelle Obama being on the cover of Vogue ... I mean she is first lady now & is definitely an interesting figure. I certainly wouldn't mind seeing her on the cover of Vogue.. But I know that I'm definitely getting sick of all these blonde actresses on the covers. Michelle would be an interesting change ..

07-11-2008
V.I.P.

Vogue US can put on the cover who ever they want. Spongebob or Hannah Montana are some kind of American heroes right? They can put them together on the cover and I won't care.

I don't care for US Vogue since the first time I saw it, call me when there's a new supermodel of tommorow issue. By the way I like Michelle Obama.

07-11-2008
don't look down

Additionally, Barack Obama has been on the cover of Men's Vogue twice with little complaint from people, so the idea of his wife appearing on the female version of the magazine seems fine to me.

In an ideal world, the front cover of US Vogue would regularly interchange between fashionable actresses, hot models and powerful women of all skin colours. US Vogue's need to kiss *** means we're likely to get a fortysomething black woman on the cover soon, so that's one step towards something different. Maybe for one month only, but one month nonetheless.

And I don't think appearing in a fashion magazine demeans her standing any more/less than it did for her husband, when he posed for Vogue.

I also hope the Cat McNeil cover stands a chance of coming true, just for the sight of it. The shock of it!

08-11-2008
V.I.P.

I can't wait to see W & Interview December, anyone has any idea when are they coming out?

08-11-2008
V.I.P.

do we know who is on the cover of december vogue?

08-11-2008
backstage pass

I want Michelle Obama on the cover!

09-11-2008
V.I.P.

When does US Vogue December 08 come out?

09-11-2008
little soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by vogue28 View Post
^ Exactly, imo vogue should only use models. You don't see celebritys walking down the runway in designer clothes. Well unless imo it's a tacky show
It makes me so angry when people like Michelle Obama and other celebs might/star on high fashion magazine cover.
People like Michelle Obama are working mothers, educated modern women who also enjoy fashion and are the people who buy US Vogue. Carine can put Lara Stone in some ripped up Balmain on her cover, and we'll love it, and her readers will love it...because that's the look of her magazine, and the look her readers want to emulate in some way. And for us, we all do love a model cover. We know French and Italian Vogue have a select readership, which is why they have more freedom. But Anna has to create a cover which sells to a hugely diverse audience, she has to put on women who are current and resonate with the public. We might not agree with her choices, but it's the choice she has to make. I would be first in line to get a Snejana Onopka US Vogue cover () but it's never going to happen, because she is not any of those things to American women. US Vogue and in fact all Vogues, are selling aspirations. What greater aspiration than the one Michelle and her husband shared? And what better inspiration than to see a beautiful, interesting, charming woman on the cover (still arguably a most coveted honour) of this magazine; a woman who had her dreams and worked to make them come true? The job of any potential editorial and cover will be to show her in that way, and to show how the seasons fashions can be adapted to millions of women who are just like her.

Also, companies like JCrew have demonstrated her immediate impact on fashion & sales and in that way, she deserves a cover just as much as Kate Moss.

ETA: Whatever you believe, this is a momentous moment in US History and it would be bizarre for US Vogue to not reference it in some way. It's all the luckier that there is a First Lady who is interested and impacts fashion too.

Last edited by miu_miu; 09-11-2008 at 06:07 AM.

09-11-2008
V.I.P.

Okay.. just to settle all this

all I done, was gave my opinion.
I really don't care if she gets the cover or not. I'm past careing

Or maybe I'm just taking all this the wrong way.

Last edited by vogue28; 09-11-2008 at 06:21 AM.

09-11-2008
V.I.P.

Any news of Interview December & W December, people?

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#1, cover, rumor, thread