Cover Rumor Thread #1 - Page 517 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
13-11-2008
trendsetter

oh my god not blake i couldnot hate hermore! she is just annoying. at least do a leighton and blke cover. well that sounds a little more tteen vogue appropriate. but why

13-11-2008
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosabella View Post
Because it is not a matter of whether Blake deserves it. Magazines are trying to weather this economic storm. They need to appeal to younger fashionistas.

Vogue is the bible of fashion, but what comes with that label is a sense that Vogue doesn't speak to the younger generation with limited means. Rather, it speaks to older women of some wealth. In this time of economic hardship, the adults are the one who will probably pass on purchasing magazines. It's the younger Gossip Girl crowd who are still willing to throw $4 for a magazine with a cover of person we want to emulate.
I can certainly understand that, its a tough time for all magazines, but why not go with someone else, she was just on W cover!

13-11-2008
The future is stupid

Fashionista is usually not right... about anything.

Waits.

13-11-2008
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Dalloway View Post
If she was interviewed for the magazine then she is definietly on the cover imo, doubt a celeb like her would settle for a feature in Nylon,lol.
But man is that story weird or what? She and Peaches Geldof? And they began friends during a session of one interview?Lmao, the tabloids really have no touch with reality.

Yup, she probably will be on the cover. Cant wait for it. The Nylon cover she got about 8 years ago was gorgeous, lol.

The being friends thingie is probably just bull****, but i doubt they would make up the whole interview story.

13-11-2008
backstage pass

Katie Holmes on Nylon? Sounds a little odd, unless they've quietly replaced their editor and majority of their staff (please please please) 'Old' Nylon I could see her on, but not this teen-based direction the magazine has taken.

13-11-2008
fashion insider

Fashionista is wrong 99% of the time. An it would not be a wise move for Vogue considering both W and Vogue are under Conde Nast. I doubt this is true.

14-11-2008
V.I.P.

forget about the Blake Vogue cover thing, i heard that Cheryl Cole (whoever the hell that is) was offered to be on the cover sometime next year too. Alas, I saw it in passing on ONTD, so I didn't catch the source...

14-11-2008
The future is stupid

^The Cheryl Cole rumor is for UK Vogue.

14-11-2008
V.I.P.

I wouldn't be surprised if Blake got the cover but frankly I'd rather see Leighton sharing it with her. All I have to say is that if this is true, Blake has one of the best PR people in the biz for sure...she has even outdone Mischa Barton with the caliber of covers she is getting now. Mischa never got this many high profile gigs even at the height of The OC when ratings were HUGE.

14-11-2008
V.I.P.

^^They both have amazing PR people, Mischa was everywhere, i couldnt belive it, she even scored the cover of UK Vogue and seems to be still getting covers left and right, so ya i am sure Blake will be similar.

14-11-2008
V.I.P.

Yeah, they both need major PR tactics because they are so marginally talented compared to other people on their shows. I mean Blake is a little better than Mischa but I have to admit that when Mischa was getting these covers, she was a far better interview. She always said what she wanted and was generally more interesting...and bitchy/snobby. Very early Gwyneth...

That being said I know a lot of women watch GG, who are older than the intended audience, so it is smart to put her on the cover.

Last edited by LUXXX; 14-11-2008 at 11:44 AM.

14-11-2008
The future is stupid

I moved the Nylon discussion over to The Business of Magazines thread.

14-11-2008
V.I.P.

I read on Frillr.com and popcrunch.com that first lady Michelle Obama is up for the March 09 cover of US Vogue

14-11-2008
The future is stupid

^Keep the rumors coming

thanks fer19dog

14-11-2008
fashion insider

fashionista is not that wrong!..any news about VP??

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#1, cover, rumor, thread