How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

29-12-2008
V.I.P.

I totally agree with you both. I want my damm! UK ELLE and UK VOGUE (the feb issues)

30-12-2008
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mchunu<3 View Post
^yea, i thought someone said something about a big 90s super..or if not a 90s super, Gisele or Kate perhaps?

ETA: just read that Numero 100 will not be featuring either of them. i am very anxious to see who will be on the cover.
It's kind of confirmed already that Toni will be on the cover.

30-12-2008
trendsetter

awww Toni??? that sounds nice, however, Siri has been overlooked once again, can'tsay i'm happy about that

and yes i want my UK Vogue, even if it does have her on the cover.

30-12-2008
V.I.P.

"her"

I'm looking forward to UK VOGUE too

31-12-2008
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcel View Post
It's kind of confirmed already that Toni will be on the cover.
oh, i see. I wonder why they chose to use her? and i'm not trying to say she doesn't deserve the cover because i know it's been a lot of talk about which model "deserves" what lately (& plus i know this would have been said sooner or later, so better sooner,no?). Anywho, this will be a milestone in Toni's career, so congrats to Toni.

Last edited by Mchunu; 31-12-2008 at 08:14 AM.

31-12-2008
backstage pass

You know, Numero(any edition) always uses models with strong facial features. Think of Cat Mcneil and that flawless, drop dead gorgeous cover.
Toni is a little surprising though.

31-12-2008
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mchunu<3 View Post
oh, i see. I wonder why they chose to use her? and i'm not trying to say she doesn't deserve the cover because i know it's been a lot of talk about which model "deserves" what lately (& plus i know this would have been said sooner or later, so better sooner,no?). Anywho, this will be a milestone in Toni's career, so congrats to Toni.
I'm surprised too. Not only because I was sure Kate or Natalia or someone with a similar status would score this cover and it will be only Toni's second appearance. But because she never worked with Akrans or Kadel I hope Sundsbo shot it with her again. He's a great photographer.

I don't understand what you the post above means because Toni has a strong bone structure and is at the same time very feminine beautiful and Catherine is a bit more chubby in the face. I guess you mean that Numéro has high fashion bombshells on the cover because Catherine definitely fits this category. However Suvi and Heidi do not and Naomi's cover was very simple and not sexy either.

I hope for something special like they did with Numéro 50. I think I will make this my first Numéro ever I will buy.

31-12-2008
Unveil Yourself....

I am excited for Toni being on the anniversary cover...She's a great promiss for the future, I think. One of the few girls of the past year (or so, I know) that will form the next batch of topmodels. I certainly hope the cover will be good enough to make me forget the Vogue Russia travesty she inprinted on my eyes.

twitter.com/ErikP87

01-01-2009
V.I.P.

i can't wait to see Steven Mchunu<3's Vogue Italia

02-01-2009
don't look down

UK GQ Feb 09 has Barack Obama on the cover (saw the cover shot in a Daily Mail supplement) and UK Marie Claire Feb 09 has Courtney Cox on the front (saw it on sale today.

03-01-2009
backstage pass

Why is Courtney Cox getting a cover? For being a celebrity!!? Because she has nothing new coming up right?

03-01-2009
French Chic

^^To be honest who Marie Claire UK chooses for their covers is virtually totally irrelevant now.
Don't think anyone cares anymore, as it's never models now and the celebs who do appear don'thave to have a new show, movie, etc. anymore

03-01-2009
V.I.P.

I've posted UK MC Courtney Cover in MC_WORLDWIDE thread

03-01-2009
V.I.P.

^ thanks i'll go and take a look.

i'm past caring about marie claire now.. just nothing good seems to be inside. only good thing is the advertisements.

03-01-2009
don't look down

UK Glamour Feb 09 has Scarlett Johansson on the cover (got my subscrip issue today) and inside that issue, there's a shot of UK Tatler Feb 09 with Rebecca Hall on the cover.

The UK Glamour cover is a head/shoulders shot with Scarlett hand's beside her smiling mouth, like she's trying to pull hair away from her lip gloss. The writing is bright orange.

I'll post edit details in the Glamour thread...

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#1, cover, rumor, thread