How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

03-01-2009
V.I.P.

I feel deprived of magazines lately
I'm looking forward to Vogue Paris February & UK Vogue February (which I would like to see pretty soon).

03-01-2009
V.I.P.

^ agreed, and adding VI January to your list.
But I'm the most excited about VP, seriously, I can't wait to see that!

03-01-2009
V.I.P.

who's getting the VP cover?
most excited for: Steven Mchunu<3's Vogue Italia

03-01-2009
don't look down

I had a flick through the Feb issues of UK MC and InStyle, and there were hardly any new ads in them - they opened with the Chanel one, the two-pager where Heidi's sitting on the stairs, and after that, it seemed to be the usual perfume ads that we've seen all winter long.

I had considered buying them if they'd had something to offer, but they don't, and UK MC's catwalk section was in the editorials, so no supplement there. UK Elle has the best crop of shots from the new campaigns (till we see UK Vogue).

UK Glamour opens with D&G ('beside the seaside'), a Guess bikini shot, VJC with Hana, M Missoni with Karmen, Just Cavalli with Kate Moss, Diesel... and then it's back to perfume ads.

03-01-2009
V.I.P.

Lara was confirmed to having the VP cover, right?
& I hope UK Vogue is good, and has some new ads in.

03-01-2009
V.I.P.

About Vogue Italia. I wish someone would clarify what Co... means because it doesn't stand for the model yaars pointed out but I think that's February anyways? Is it an agency name like Code because I cantr think of a brand that starts with Co except Coccinelle. Nimue is with Code and Meisel seemed to be very fond of her with Prada.

January should be the one with Anna Selezneva, Nimue Smit, Karlie Kloss, Sessilee Lopez and possibly more I think. This is so confusing.

Last edited by tocceve; 03-01-2009 at 02:45 PM.

03-01-2009
V.I.P.

^ and February should be with established girls, right?

03-01-2009
V.I.P.

I don't know if it's been mentioned here, but Snejana shot something for Russian Vogue. Hopefully she'll at least get the cover. That girl is majorly underrated and underused.

Royal Galliano posted this in her thread, so I thought I'd pass it on.
http://thepeachprince.blogspot.com/2...ian-vogue.html

03-01-2009
backstage pass

^I know, I bet the poor thing couldn't even afford a third Bentley.

03-01-2009
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIs View Post
I don't know if it's been mentioned here, but Snejana shot something for Russian Vogue. Hopefully she'll at least get the cover. That girl is majorly underrated and underused.
I would not call her underrated, considering the amount of work she used to get, it's just that her time has passed. It happens to 99% of models.

03-01-2009
V.I.P.

I don't know if it was posted : Lara Stone will have the February 2009 issue all for herself. Editor Carine Roitfeld is a big fan of the Dutch supermodel and says she wants to make a star out of her. The issue will have over 100 images of Lara shot by photographers Inez van Lamsweerde, Peter Lindbergh, Hedi Slimane, Nan Goldin, and Steven Klein. The cover is said to take its inspiration from the 1956 film "....And God Created Women
http://teamsugar.com/group/1889324/blog/2627966

03-01-2009
V.I.P.

My guess is a few naked shots of Lara..

Last edited by vogue28; 03-01-2009 at 03:45 PM.

03-01-2009
V.I.P.

SO!

about the US Harper's Bazaar Feb. 2009 fiasco, will we actually need to wait for a certain time (maybe until something is on newstands) to post a mag. cover? hasn't there been quite a few magazines that have been posted way before their respective release dates? To actually create a thread i thought that it's only about having the magazine in your possession even though it's very early, no? can someone answer me?

& Scarlett's cover, it was a subscriber's cover right? because it doesnt look like a main cover IMO So there's a possibility that someone else is on the main cover? i'm so confused!

Last edited by Mchunu; 03-01-2009 at 04:42 PM.

03-01-2009
V.I.P.

^ Yeah I'm wondering the same. What the big deal is if subscribers got it?

03-01-2009
don't look down

If it was a request to remove the images, I would wonder about why.

The advance publicity and interest generated by posting info about magazines helps to sell them.

And such advance information is also officially provided by magazines themselves to the media - it often happens that cover shots and interview snippets appear in UK newspapers a few days ahead of the arrival of a magazine on the newsstand.

If Hearst is upset that the internet might spread the news of Scarlett on the cover ahead of them publicising it themselves, they need to speed up their own PR department, not clamp down on people.

If people have received a subscribers issue, then the magazine has been officially released to people who have paid in advance to receive it.

If the complaint is about "scans" - well, everything gets scanned, old and new magazines, and scans are interesting and useful, but both the hard-core magazine lover and the person who simply wants something to look at in a spare moment, will rather buy the real thing. Sales of Bazaar to bored people waiting in bus stations will not be affected by someone posting images on tfs.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#1, cover, rumor, thread