Cover Rumor Thread #1 - Page 569 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
17-01-2009
V.I.P.

How come those W previews are out alredy?I'm shocked that they leaked if it is for May, it makes no sense, couldnt it be that she is on the March cover?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerrouge View Post
I look forward to whatever US Vogue does with these new cover choices. I accept that it operates under huge commercial limitations, where taking a serious risk with the cover is out of the question - therefore opting for these popular TV stars may be the only way to break out of the 'Keira Knightley yet again' loop the magazine has been in for a while.

I do believe the magazine is trying to vary its cover selection and content as best it can, within its constraints and established mode of operation. We could all envisage a 'better Vogue' in our heads, but the process of getting a magazine together is a laborious process of compromise at every stage. If Vogue's been in a rut, it may take a little time for it to fully lift itself out of that way of working.

So in 2009, we might see a US Vogue that has finally listened to what people have been saying about a greater need for variety. So bring on the variety. I'm going to try to not have a fixed idea about what that variety 'should' be. Or else I'll be the one stuck with an outmoded outlook, not the magazine.
Tigerrouge as always you are a voice of reason, i completly agree and have come to realize this aswell, it took alot of time though, haha.But now i understand, and am over moaning about it, i'm just excited that they are finally doing new cover subject's and moving in a new direction.

17-01-2009
fashion icon

The new V Magazine is out. V 57. I saw it at my magazine store. Grace Jones is on the cover.

17-01-2009
V.I.P.

oh wow that sounds intresting

17-01-2009
V.I.P.

Very interesting, and much better than V56!
But the news about the ed from the issue (from few pages back) doesn't sound as interesting. It's basically my nightmare cast (only Karlie is missing)

17-01-2009
V.I.P.

KH on the cover of Vogue is not surprising. I'm sure she'll have her typical boring/predictable interview. Her VF cover was photoshopped within an inch of its life. Imo all the fashion mags. has lost their cache years ago by continually putting actors on their covers. The age of real movie stars is dead as far as I'm concerned. Bring back the models.

17-01-2009
fashion insider

Grace Jones.....??????

17-01-2009
backstage pass

Any news on Vogue UK's March issue?

17-01-2009
V.I.P.

I love Grace, to me she is an icon, and soo perfect for V, cant wait to see her cover and spread.

18-01-2009
V.I.P.

Paris Hilton could be on a few UK magazines, with her new UK TV program coming soon.
Maybe ELLE UK?

18-01-2009
French Chic

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:ninj a:

18-01-2009
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vogue28 View Post
Paris Hilton could be on a few UK magazines, with her new UK TV program coming soon.
Maybe ELLE UK?
Paris!!! Paris!!! Paris!!!

18-01-2009
V.I.P.

No one probably cares but; Miranda Kerr is going to be on the April (?) cover of UK Harpers Bazaar.

18-01-2009
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by helmut.newton View Post
No one probably cares but; Miranda Kerr is going to be on the April (?) cover of UK Harpers Bazaar.
I CARE! Love Miranda.
If Paris is on Elle UK I will VOMIT

18-01-2009
V.I.P.

lol.

Paris already had Vogue Paris didn't she?

the apocolypse has come and gone, i've resigned myself to celebrity covers forever more. (sigh).

i like the idea of Jourdan Dunn's cover!

18-01-2009
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarsha View Post
Paris!!! Paris!!! Paris!!!
I know, right? I like Paris, and wouldn't mind if she was on the cover of UK ELLE. They always do amazing covers, so I would have no doubts. Plus, she has been on 2 previous covers for UK ELLE

I'm also curious about UK VOGUE March. I just hope they have put a model on the cover. I have started to warm to Jourdan, so I wouldn't mind her on the cover. But obviously I would prefer Kate Moss

& about Miranda on the cover of HB? I'm looking forward to seeing the cover.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#1, cover, rumor, thread