How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

02-02-2009
Ère de ℳodernité

Thanks everyone for the VP infos. That should be my first issue as a suscriber so i'm excited

02-02-2009
front row

I wonder how bad Andre had to push for Anna to have a Beyonce cover. I wonder how boring they'll make her look..... Probably worse than Elle.

02-02-2009
trendsetter

I am ecstatic about VP!
but still very curious about VI

02-02-2009
goodbye kiss

Quote:
Originally Posted by thiago:) View Post
May's W seems interesting
Madonna on W's May cover is almost a fact. Some pictures were shot at Rio by Klein with male models, she started to date one of them, Jesus Luz something like that.

02-02-2009
trendsetter

Beyonce and American Vogue have about as much in common as Gareth Pugh and Cindy McCain. I have no idea how Beyonce managed to get a Vogue cover. Her whole look is much more suited towards a publication like V (which already had her on the cover recently) or i-D, not something like American Vogue which only covers a rotation of the same 15 actresses. Anna must really want to stick it to her detractors by putting two African American women on the cover in the span of a year (first Michelle Obama and now Beyonce). Not that there's anything wrong with that!

Last edited by vavavinny; 02-02-2009 at 07:31 PM.

02-02-2009
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by vavavinny View Post
Beyonce and American Vogue have about as much in common as Gareth Pugh and Cindy McCain.

I am incredibly excited to see Iris on the cover of VP.

02-02-2009
front row

Quote:
Beyonce and American Vogue have about as much in common as Gareth Pugh and Cindy McCain. I have no idea how Beyonce managed to get a Vogue cover. Her whole look is much more suited towards a publication like V (which already had her on the cover recently) or i-D, not something like American Vogue which only covers a rotation of the same 15 actresses. Anna must really want to stick it to her detractors by putting two African American women on the cover in the span of a year (first Michelle Obama and now Beyonce). Not that there's anything wrong with that!

To be fair to Vogue US, they've used relatively young and new-ish actresses that are not yet part of their "playlist" (nevertheless, I still find Anne Hathaway and Blake Lively a little overexposed and un-fresh). But I feel like they have been trying to reach out to a new younger and bigger audience this time while trying to remain "safe" and "conservative". Or maybe its just wishful thinking on my part?

03-02-2009
V.I.P.

Quote:
Iris Strubegger is going to be on the cover of the March 2009 issue of Vogue Paris. I just love her. Her face is SOOO versatile, very stark and androgynous, but also with a hint of femininity. Can't wait to see her editorials !
Personally I don't like Iris, but that might change after I see the VP cover..
Are you confirming that she has got it?

03-02-2009
V.I.P.

I'm guessing Iris by Mert & Marcus on the cover, I was impressed with
VP's last March issue, hopefully this time I will be too as well

03-02-2009
V.I.P.

Agreed. I would need Mert & Marcus to do the cover, if I am going to be really impressed.

03-02-2009
she's got the look

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckgirlbr View Post
Madonna on W's May cover is almost a fact. Some pictures were shot at Rio by Klein with male models, she started to date one of them, Jesus Luz something like that.
Yes, I knew it .

Quote:
Originally Posted by surrealseven View Post
I'm guessing Iris by Mert & Marcus on the cover, I was impressed with
VP's last March issue, hopefully this time I will be too as well
That would be great to have M&M for march again, because March 2008 cover was simply the best of 2008. I'm not sure if it would look good with Iris And I'm actually not expecting a lot from this issue, because the editorial content of February wasn't that good.

03-02-2009
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by vogue28 View Post
Personally I don't like Iris, but that might change after I see the VP cover..
Are you confirming that she has got it?
If the folks at the Imagist, who described the cover girl as "stark but elegant" and a face that has hints of Leslie Winer, Kristen McNenamy, and Daria Werbowy, are right, then it will be definitely be Iris, who fits these descriptions to a tee. I can't wait to see the edits! I hope M&M shoot as well! They are always amazing and am sure they can put Iris in a different light that we have never seen her in before. I hope they don't take the obvious path and do her as very masculine and androgynous, though. I would love to see her feminine side, feminine but tough. After the HUGE disappointment that was the February issue, Carine and Emmanuelle have a lot of making up to do. We shall see!

Last edited by vavavinny; 03-02-2009 at 11:01 AM.

03-02-2009
V.I.P.

So you didn't even know that it really is Iris? I agree that it was obvious but I thought you would confirm it. It's indeed true, I guess it's okay to say it now. Mario Testino could be shooting her again as well but regardless who will shoot her Iris is going to look stunning.

03-02-2009
V.I.P.

^ Omg, it just HAS to be Iris If she cut her hair for that reason - even that's okay for me :p

03-02-2009
V.I.P.

Sorry if it was already posted but Adele (a british singer) will be in the april issue of vogue us. http://fashionista.com/2009/02/anna_...ikes_adele.php

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#1, cover, rumor, thread