How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

06-02-2009
tfs star

someone at the imagist commented about the "very unexpected choice"
saying
"that model has been dumped today.someone felt a recent story in another magazine was cheap and vulgar"

if there was any truth to that, given that when US vogue do group covers, they like to have a mix of races in the cover (remember samantha Harris?)
I was wondering if they could be referring to Daul as the unexpected debut... her pics in the dogging edit were quite......

06-02-2009
fashion insider

love these kind of rumors, even though I'll probably be disappointed in the end. my guess is some of the Meisel's recent favorites, Jourdan plus McNeil cos Anna seems to like her.
damn, it still makes me sad when I think about the last US Vogue model cover...Anja & Freja should have been there

06-02-2009
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcel View Post
If that's true and if Steven will shoot it and if it is about the generation after the May 2007 cover. The Prada cast has a good chance.
I want some variety, and the general public can't tell all the Prada girls apart, and we know Anna W knows her readers

06-02-2009
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wednesdays child View Post
someone at the imagist commented about the "very unexpected choice"
saying
"that model has been dumped today.someone felt a recent story in another magazine was cheap and vulgar"

if there was any truth to that, given that when US vogue do group covers, they like to have a mix of races in the cover (remember samantha Harris?)
I was wondering if they could be referring to Daul as the unexpected debut... her pics in the dogging edit were quite......
i was actually thinking the same exact thing
but... would anna say that about meisel's work?

06-02-2009
front row

That would be weird if that were true and Meisel still shot the cover (of course, we don't know who will shoot it, but Meisel seems like the obvious choice). Also, wouldn't that cut out Anna J. as a contender as well?

Last edited by Lilli_Anita; 06-02-2009 at 10:15 PM.

06-02-2009
trendsetter

^ True. but, I really couldn't imagine Anna J not on the cover. And she is not an unexpected choice, so that doesn't quite work. confusing

06-02-2009
tfs star

^^ i know I'm guessing and speculating like crazy here ofcourse.. i mean i don't even know if the rumour is true..or who would shoot it if it were... i was just thinking, they often draft in unexpected choices in a group cover to stop it looking too monocultural...sad but true.... so I was just putting 2+2 together and getting 6000..as per usual... ha

06-02-2009
User Friendly

Well if Meisel is shooting and then there is the clue about a girl making her Vogue US debut.. Toni is a shoo in..

And I think either of Jourdan, Sesilee, and Arlenis would be likely choices to promote diversity.

I can see Karlie making it, Ymre (unexpected?), Anna M?... I'm guessing the entire Prada cast (minus Geidre, Nimue probably) has a good chance

Now who was dropped? Any cheap edits recently? I think the "dogging" edit, but I don't remember who was in there besides Naty & Iris (who I wouldn't have expected anyway)

06-02-2009
V.I.P.

such good goss for us vogue!

06-02-2009
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary101 View Post
Not officialy. But the person who posted it seems really certain. They even claim to know what she will be wearing on the cover.
Thank you.

07-02-2009
V.I.P.

I'm very excited.

I hope that Ymre wil be part of the cast.

My guess Lara was dropped from the cover. She is one the most succesful models of this time, she is a very unexpected cover choice, a Meisel fave and some eds in the recent VP could be seen as vulgair and cheap in the eyes of US Vogue people.

07-02-2009
V.I.P.

^ Good guess

Hopefully it's not her, cause I hope Lara graces US Vogue

07-02-2009
V.I.P.

In Glamour Magazine there's always ad about Vogue Magazine's New Issue
So if Glamour France March Issue Is Out and any member has it, I think soon we can see Vogue Paris Cover (like february issue)

07-02-2009
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarsha View Post
In Glamour Magazine there's always ad about Vogue Magazine's New Issue
So if Glamour France March Issue Is Out and any member has it, I think soon we can see Vogue Paris Cover (like february issue)
I received the Glamour france march issue and there wasn't an ad about Vogue Paris march.

07-02-2009
V.I.P.

^
thanks debora25 anyway for the follow-up

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#1, cover, rumor, thread