How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

07-02-2009
The future is stupid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiercification View Post
^ Michelle Obama is already confirmed for March US Vogue
Confirmed? By whom

07-02-2009
Mr. Zhivago

Quote:
Originally Posted by KateIsGr8 View Post
Well maybe it's just a feature inside. Because March is "The Power Issue" and it's not Michelle with the power, it's her husband. So, I hope someone with more style and power will be featured. Like Kate Winslet........
Michelle has a lot of power... You must not be in America.

She's much more known for clothing choices than Kate Winslet, and if Hillary Clinton could get a Vogue cover, than Michelle certainly can.

07-02-2009
front row

I am offended by your comment. I most certainly am from America.
Please name one fashion-related (because Vogue is a fashion magazine) powerful thing Michelle Obama has done.
And how does Michelle Obama have style? She has style compared to other first-ladies, but other than that her outfits are quite boring.

07-02-2009
V.I.P.

^^Well that is all subjective at the end of the day, you may think her style is boring, while millions of women across the country find it inspiring. Michelle has literally brought awarness to some designer's by wearing their clothes (Maria Pinto, Isabel Toledo, Jason Wu, Thakoon.etc), and if we are tallking about her power, how about when she wore that J.Crew ensamble on Leno, and it was sold out the next day everywhere, because women went out to get it after seeing it on her?!

The fact is people are loving her style, and the way she mixes high with low, its appealing to an average woman in America because they do the same.And its a fact that when she wears a new designer's clothes it does wonder's for their career (ask Wu how many buyer's he has lined up for his show next week, after she wore his gown to the Inaguration Ball).And she makes perfect sense for Vogue because those are the designer's that Wintour supports, and were part of the CFDA competition.So yes, she has more "power" when it comes to style than Winslet or any other movie star.I personally think, and have said before, that its to early to feature her on the cover (imho), but i also see why Nast would want her alredy, these are tough times, and an issue with her on the cover will sell like cup cakes.

Last edited by Miss Dalloway; 07-02-2009 at 06:13 PM.

07-02-2009
V.I.P.

O.K don't jump on me please I was just going by what was posted here, specifically the blurb with her hairdresser stating he'd done her hair for the cover....

Maybe confirmed is the wrong word, I didn't expect to be so strongly opposed to though

07-02-2009
front row

Well, maybe she did a little something. But it really isnt some huge ordeal. She picks the most boring pieces from high-end lines so it really doesnt make a difference. I know the women at my magazine office and the women I go to FIDM with agree she has poor taste.

07-02-2009
backstage pass

Quote:
Well, maybe she did a little something. But it really isnt some huge ordeal. She picks the most boring pieces from high-end lines so it really doesnt make a difference. I know the women at my magazine office and the women I go to FIDM with agree she has poor taste.
To be honest, I haven't seen the fervor in Michelle Obama's fashion choices since ... Well, ever. She put Jason Wu on the map, not particularly a bad fashion choice

07-02-2009
front row

Ok well I was stating my opinion. To me, Michelle Obama is boring. If you like her style, so be it. This is the Magazine thread, not the Star Style thread anyways, I just dont feel she is Vogue cover worthy. Especially not for March, one of the biggest issues of the year.

07-02-2009
backstage pass

Quote:
Ok well I was stating my opinion. To me, Michelle Obama is boring. If you like her style, so be it. This is the Magazine thread, not the Star Style thread anyways, I just dont feel she is Vogue cover worthy. Especially not for March, one of the biggest issues of the year.
I see 'Cover Rumor Thread' just perfectly, thanks I just wouldn't count her out for the March cover since Wintour has made it pretty clear she likes the new First Lady.

07-02-2009
she's got the look

If Michelle is going to be on the cover I hope that she wears Narciso Rodriguez, like she did when the result of elections was released... Or would it be too obvious?

07-02-2009
The future is stupid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiercification View Post
O.K don't jump on me please I was just going by what was posted here, specifically the blurb with her hairdresser stating he'd done her hair for the cover....

Maybe confirmed is the wrong word, I didn't expect to be so strongly opposed to though
Well that hairdresser blurb was confirmed by a spokesperson from US Vogue as not true.

I'm not jumping on you... or even strongly opposing you... I was just asking for a reliable source.

Thanks

I've said before that I think it is much too early for Michelle Obama to have a US Vogue cover... and if she gets March... IMO it will just show how desperate Anna Wintour is for sales.

Last edited by MissMagAddict; 07-02-2009 at 07:43 PM.

07-02-2009
V.I.P.

Oh well I didn't know it was confirmed as false , I only frequent this thread occasionally. Sorry I got a bit carried away with all the questioning of confirmations

Sorry to MMA

BTW I'm sure VI is coming soon, since the site has a blank cover ATM (at least for me it does)

08-02-2009
V.I.P.

it better be coming soon i'm sooooooooo tired of waiting!
Maybe Meisel will suprise us with an Iselin cover!

08-02-2009
V.I.P.

I though VI would of been posted over the weekend
Maybes' in this week ahead?

08-02-2009
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mchunu<3 View Post
it better be coming soon i'm sooooooooo tired of waiting!
Maybe Meisel will suprise us with an Iselin cover!
OMG from your mouth to gods ears, that would be so fantastic. I think the cover will be out next week for sure, probably on Friday.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#1, cover, rumor, thread