How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

08-02-2009
trendsetter

I see AMJ and karlie on the US Vogue cover- i think they fit
im really curious as to the eliminated girl

08-02-2009
fashion icon

Usually there are 9-10 models on the US Vogue multi model covers right? So let's rationalise using the clues:

1.Anna Maria Jagodsinska for sure given her several appearances in the magazine and Meisel love.
2.Toni garrn definitly given her recent success and she'll probably be the debut
3.Karlie Kloss....for obvious reasons, american wonder girl story similar to Hilary Rhoda.
4.Iselin...based on the editorial queen of yester year clue and recent work with Meisel.
5.Natasha Poly now probably has a strong chance since she's working with Meisel and her long career, someone should just give it to her.
6.Jourdan/Arlenis/Sessilee...take your pick... but most likely Jourdan
7. Anna Selezneva might also be the debut girl.

Girls who have a shot, sorta:
Catherine McNeil may be the surpise the that will get us buzzing because she's never worked with Meisel but Anna loves her, same as Chanel Iman in 2007. Ali Stephens (doubt it despite her only girl ed), Siri (doubt it), Tanya (has a shot), Magdalena Fracowiak (Meisel likes her, could be the debut girl), Maryna Linchuk (She could be the Coco equivelent of this cover, she's had an ed in US Vogue before and Meisel likes her), Edita (doubt it...but maybe).
Several clues obviously point to Lara, debut girl, editorial queen, meisel favourite, it definitly would get us buzzing but then Anna hasn't ever used her despite how glaring her appearances her is in every magazine, it's not like Anna has accidentaly overlooked her. Viktoriya Sasonkina, Kinga, Olga, Ymre, Anja Rubik (?!?), Katrin, Iris, Abbey Lee, Suvi and Sigrid are all new generation and have worked with either US Vogue or Meisel at least once. This is a tricky one especially because US Vogue hasn't introduced a lot of new girls that work with Meisel and are regulars, it's still always Coco, Raquel and Trentini and they can't be on the cover again right?

The Super surprise to get us buzzing may also be Freja, could Meisel finally forgive her, lol doubt it? I feel like there is another glaring obvious choice that I'm forgetting. When they say Yester year could they be going as far back as Eugenia, Missy, Elise, Julia and Anouck, cuz they seriously deserve covers so much more than girls like Sigrid and Ymre, it would be a slap in the face if those girls weren't considered.

Last edited by carmen_kass; 08-02-2009 at 05:28 PM.

08-02-2009
trendsetter

didnt olga have her hair dyed recently, at request of meisel?
that puts her as an option, and it certainly would be strange
granted, she could also be an upcoming VI girl
Im not so sure about Iselin and Natasha... but I agree with a lot of your list
Lakshmi could be another choice, you know theyll want to push diversity

Last edited by wolfy; 08-02-2009 at 05:37 PM.

08-02-2009
fashion icon

^I would die if Lakshmi was there, but she's never worked with Meisel, and she has been featured in US Vogue. Although that doesn't neccessarily mean she won't be there, I'd cry with joy if she made it.

I think we can safely predict that whatever happens it will be a very blonde cover, much like Stam, Doutzen, Raquel, Agyness, Trentini, Sasha and Lily on the May 2007 cover.

Last edited by carmen_kass; 08-02-2009 at 05:54 PM.

08-02-2009
V.I.P.

Lakishmi was all over December 2008 issue, they had an article about her heritage/background.

I think McNeil would be the most likely girl for the cover, but Meisel seems not to like her.......

And I think it's ridiculous if Anna only puts one black girl on the cover, Jourdan and Sessilee both deserve to be there.

Maryna and Tanya were both in eds last year, but haven't been in the mag in ages, and Meisel hasn't shot them for a while......so it made me wonder if they could be possibilites any more

08-02-2009
V.I.P.

Tanya shot with Meisel for the August 2008 issue so not that long.

And didn't we get a rumour a long time ago talking about a model cover shot by Demarchelier? It's not impossible...

08-02-2009
she's got the look

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiercification View Post
Lakishmi was all over December 2008 issue, they had an article about her heritage/background.

I think McNeil would be the most likely girl for the cover, but Meisel seems not to like her.......

And I think it's ridiculous if Anna only puts one black girl on the cover, Jourdan and Sessilee both deserve to be there.

Maryna and Tanya were both in eds last year, but haven't been in the mag in ages, and Meisel hasn't shot them for a while......so it made me wonder if they could be possibilites any more
Maryna had an ed with McDean for August, and Tanya had another channeling Tonne Goodman (shot by Meisel).

08-02-2009
V.I.P.

i love Iselin and all, but i doubt if that was the lineup of girls she wouldn' tbe included..i mean she doesn't even fit in there.

08-02-2009
V.I.P.

Freja would be the most unexpected choice for sure, I hope its her! But I doubt it ever would be......

08-02-2009
V.I.P.

^ i highly doubt freja. wasn't the only work she's done for us vogue that small photo with her new haircut? and meisel "hates" her.

08-02-2009
Mr. Zhivago

Why does Meisel "hate" her?

08-02-2009
V.I.P.

^it's just fabricated that meisel hates her.

Last edited by Mchunu; 08-02-2009 at 08:01 PM.

08-02-2009
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cake_batter View Post
^ i highly doubt freja. wasn't the only work she's done for us vogue that small photo with her new haircut? and meisel "hates" her.
But it would be extremely unexpected, and one of the clues was that it was her US Vogue debut. :p

08-02-2009
tfs star

..yes but they stated "latter day editorial queens " which i take to mean, the old big names, which have had a lot of press about their comebacks lately, with old editorial stars popping up on agency sites etc..

I think they could do an old guard and the new guard thing, that could be pretty cool....because actually it annoys me how everyone goes on about how the old supermodels were sooo amazing and there will never be anyone like them again etc, that was part of their hype and marketing that coined them as supermodels at the time, but it was just hype they were just the big names of their time..,

I think todays girls are just as iconic and amazing, sasha the chameleon, vs linda the chameleon, beautiful claudia vs (even more beautiful imo) toni, all American Cindy, vs all american Hilary (OK Cindy might win)

08-02-2009
V.I.P.

Why is Viktoriya S always so under represented when it comes to all this guess work? She 's had two VI covers in the last half a year and she's one of Miesel's new favorites with editorial work plus ads for Prada, AF, CK Jeans, etc.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#1, cover, rumor, thread