How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

08-02-2009
front row

remember that Chanel was never shot by Meisel before she got the may07 cover.

I think (more like hope) they are going to feature more than one women of color. I'm thinking that we'll be seeing two out of Lakshimi, Sessilee, or Jourdan.

I sincerely hope that the Prada girls (except Toni!) aren't used since THEY ALL LOOK THE SAME.

Models that I think have a GREAT shot:

-Karlie Kloss
-Anna S
-Anna J
-Toni Garrn
-Lara Stone
-Sessilee
-Lakshimi
-Jourdan
-Iselin

If they use any of the girls from the last cover I'd say Lily, Sasha, Raquel and Coco have good odds. Especially Coco because of her hair.

Wildcards:
-Sigrid
-Eniko
-Kinga
-Viktoriya
-Maryna

WHO I WANT REALLY BAD TO BE ON THE COVER:
-Du Juan!!!

08-02-2009
front row

does anyone know which issue will have this cover? April?

09-02-2009
backstage pass

^ Still a rumor if there really is such a cover

Nevertheless, if there is, I can see Anna J's name all over it already!

09-02-2009
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanels View Post
^ Still a rumor if there really is such a cover

Nevertheless, if there is, I can see Anna J's name all over it already!

09-02-2009
trendsetter

Woah! I hope these rumors are true. I really think Michelle deserves the March issue. It's the Power Issue for God's sake. Obama's = Power. Now an African-American kid could tell himself "I could be the next president." and an African-American girl could tell herself "I could be a first lady." Now they have opened the doors for that to become possible. That I think is what true POWER is all about. (Thanks Tyra!)

I'm also excited about the Multi-girl cover. I think it will be on May. I don't think they'll put them on March (I don't think AnnaWintour would risk their sales for March). Anyway, I think the girls who could be there:

Anna Maria Jagodzinska, Catherine McNiel, Toni Garrn, Arlenis Sosa, Jourdan Dunn, Sessilee Lopez, Viktoriya Sasonkina, Karlie Kloss, Natasha Poly? Sigrid Agren?

Okay I give up. It's so hard to guess. We'll just have to wait and see if these rumors are all true.

P.S. Where the heck is Vogue Italia? It's soooooooo long overdue.

09-02-2009
trendsetter

AHHH! A multi-model cover of US Vogue!?! I am salivating!

Knowing that Meisel is shooting, it is easier to narrow who may be on the cover. I am thinking 8-10 girls will be included. And they are: Anna Jagodzinska, Toni Garrn, Sessilee Lopez, Iris Strubegger, Anna Selezneva, Jourdan Dunn, Viktoriya Sasonkina, Sigrid Agren, Ymre Steikema, and Karlie Kloss. These aren’t necessarily the girls I want to make the cover (no thank you Karlie Kloss), but the girls who I think have the best chances after looking to Meisel’s current editorials.

Other maybes include: Liu Wen, Lakshmi Menon, Arlenis Sosa Pena, Katie Fogarty, and Katrin Thormann.

I don't think Natasha will make it, even though she has all of the sudden been picked up by US Vogue and Meisel. She is already a superstar. Also, the inclusion of any of the models from the 2007 cover would be redundant. Still, Vogue fav Caroline Trentini may sneak her way in.

How come no one has taken notice of Anya Kazakova?

Last edited by vavavinny; 09-02-2009 at 06:39 AM.

09-02-2009
trendsetter

Another maybe is Oluchi Orlandi, the stunning Nigerian model who was prominently featured in the November issue of US Vogue.

09-02-2009
backstage pass

Vogue Italia show yourself!

09-02-2009
User Friendly

Is Italy on some weird Europa Lunar Calendar I don't know about?? Where is VI?

09-02-2009
V.I.P.

^ "Lunghi pranzi" and laid-back attitude...

But this is too much...I thought that the January issue is the one which is the most late...

09-02-2009
V.I.P.

Anyone in the world knows anything about Vogue Russia March 2009 ?

09-02-2009
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaunaApell View Post
does anyone know which issue will have this cover? April?
My guess for thr may coverd to coincide with the Met exhibition about models as muses.

09-02-2009
she's got the look

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikel View Post
My guess for thr may coverd to coincide with the Met exhibition about models as muses.
That's a good guess, but the fact of Met exbhibition be such a big thing I wouldn't expect to see new faces.

09-02-2009
trendsetter

Maybe since VI is so late this month it is a grand issue. At least I hope so!

And the multiple model issue will probably be in May to commemorate the MET exhibition. Which gets me thinking, maybe they won't use all new girls, but rather established supermodels of now (Raquel, Natasha, Caroline, Sasha...)

Last edited by vavavinny; 09-02-2009 at 01:55 PM.

09-02-2009
don't look down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franzy View Post
It's the Power Issue for God's sake. Obama's = Power. Now an African-American kid could tell himself "I could be the next president." and an African-American girl could tell herself "I could be a first lady." Now they have opened the doors for that to become possible. That I think is what true POWER is all about. (Thanks Tyra!)
I know what you're saying, but at the same time, the above has a bittersweet twist to it, because it's the idea that the best a woman can hope for is being the wife, never the president. And perhaps it holds true for any woman, no matter the colour of her skin.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#1, cover, rumor, thread