How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

09-02-2009
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by *ana* View Post
i just hope carine roitfeld will put someone interesting on the cover... no doubt it will be better than pixie whatever-her-name-is, but i want it to be MUCH better. and hopefully it will be a thick issue like march 2008.
Iris is on the cover! And I'm sure it will be a great issue.

09-02-2009
front row

I guess the It-Brits aren't as expensive as celebs or something? Haha. I don't really know any of them. Kate Moss and Twiggy will probably have i-D covers.

But I am so excited about Iris on the cover of VP!

09-02-2009
old-fashioned

oh i love iris.

09-02-2009
trendsetter

^Even more after VI

09-02-2009
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
^Even more after VI
this couldn't be more true!

I love VP cover already

09-02-2009
trendsetter

Yes, VP March 2009 shall be simply divine. It has to be to make up for the February issue!

09-02-2009
The future is stupid

Quote:
Originally Posted by vavavinny View Post
Iris is on the cover! And I'm sure it will be a great issue.
Would you please post the confirming source for that info... because something was posted in the comments over at TI w/out saying who the cover was & then it took off in this thread that it might be Iris.

TIA

09-02-2009
trendsetter

Everything that was said at TI blatantly implied that Iris would be on the cover. I'm 99.9% sure it will be her. Plus, she was in the December/January issue, so it wouldn't be completely random if she got a cover.

09-02-2009
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMagAddict View Post
Would you please post the confirming source for that info... because something was posted in the comments over at TI w/out saying who the cover was & then it took off in this thread that it might be Iris.

TIA
Someone (a person that would know) on a different fashion site confirmed that it will be Iris. I'm not going to say who said it, or repost what they said.
Believe what you want to believe.....

09-02-2009
The future is stupid

Quote:
Originally Posted by childkid View Post
Someone (a person that would know) on a different fashion site confirmed that it will be Iris. I'm not going to say who said it, or repost what they said.
Believe what you want to believe.....
Thanks for the info childkid I've personally had industry sources in the past tell me the VP cover in advance & when cover gets posted here it turned out they were wrong. That's why we have this thread. For rumors & speculation.

09-02-2009
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Dalloway View Post
A 12 cover edition Besides Kate, Twiggy, Alice, and Eliza, I wonder who else is on the list...

09-02-2009
old-fashioned

it's written on the cover preview: "agyness, alek, alice, cecilia, daisy, eliza, erin, grace, jenny, jourdan, karen, kate, naomi, stella, susie, twiggy and yasmin together for the first time in one superb, superexcellent, supercool and superior march issue of i-D on sale february 12."
i don't know who some of them are because there are no last names, but i know who agyness is and i'm not happy with it
anyway... i can't wait to see the covers. especially kate's, twiggy's, alek's and naomi's... and stella could be stella tennant?...

09-02-2009
trendsetter

jenny shimizu i would guess
stella tennant i think as well
susie? alice? cecilia? grace?
maybe cecilia chancelllor, weve seen a lot of comebacks

Last edited by wolfy; 09-02-2009 at 10:48 PM.

09-02-2009
backstage pass

Definitely Stella Tennant. And Grace would be Grace Coddington. Alice as in Alice Dellal and Karen Elson, maybe?

Quote:
By Suzy menkes

LONDON: Edward Enninful is fashion's gentle revolutionary. Last week he was in India, styling a shoot for American Vogue. By Valentine's Day, he will be back from Goa and at his home in England for the launch of an iconic edition of the magazine i-D, where he has worked as fashion director since age 18.

The great British models of this and previous generations have all been captured by the photographer Solve Sundsbo for the March i-D - from Twiggy, the original 1960s waif, though the aristocratic Stella Tennant, bad-girl duo Naomi Campbell and Kate Moss, to the punk-revival Agyness Deyn.

"The confirmations were instant - it was about doing something for England, and models have been so faceless - British models always have personality," says Enninful, 34, who presented Terry Jones, i-D's founder and editor in chief, with a tough choice. Who to put on the cover, one eye closed or covered in the magazine's style, for this "Best of British" issue? <...>

For Vogue Italia, the stylist was "determined to show how chic black people are," giving a touch of class to the upcoming model Jourdan Dunn and the veteran Campbell, who are both also in the i-D shoot, <...>

Now Enninful is in international demand, his younger sister Akun acting as his agent. But his vision is still steeped in the street smarts of young England. He wanted, for i-D, to bring out the character of each model, like "rock 'n' roll Kate" (Moss) as a mature woman and now fashion designer. Then there are the "ageless" British models, symbolized by Twiggy and by Grace Coddington, who moved from modeling to creative director at Anna Wintour's American Vogue.
"I went though a great thought process - we didn't want clichés and stereotypes," says Enninful, who believes that the model era of characterless, Central European waifs is over.
Source: International Herald Tribune via the The Business of Magazines thread by j'adorekapusta.

Last edited by chanels; 09-02-2009 at 11:32 PM.

09-02-2009
old-fashioned

punk revival?? yeah right. (sorry i can't help it, i can't stand this girl - and the hype seems to be MUCH bigger than her portfolio... at least in comparison to another british model - lily donaldson, for example. she gets much more work than agyness...)
i hope karen is karen elson. thank you, chanels.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#1, cover, rumor, thread