How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

10-02-2009
V.I.P.

^^End of February? Are we on the same calendar dear?

Anyway it dosent matter i just thought it was a bit strange, now bring on the cover.

10-02-2009
trendsetter

Iris's haircut makes her look even MORE androgynous. I have a feeling Carine will be up to some gender-bending tactics for March...!!!! I can't wait to see the issue!

And the i-D multiple cover issue sounds fantastic! I really thinks it's great that they used a multitude of models, from the 60's until now. This must be in response to the May met gala, non?

Last edited by vavavinny; 10-02-2009 at 02:07 PM.

10-02-2009
The future is stupid

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Bianca* View Post
Her mother agency Place Models has confirmed she'll be on the cover.

http://placemodels.blogspot.com/
Thanks so much *Bianca*... you're the best

10-02-2009
The future is stupid

If Michelle Obama isn't a done deal for US Vogue March... then I'm definitely agreeing with whomever said Julia Roberts as a possibility earlier in this thread. There's a nice article on her in today's New York Times.

The Return of Julia Roberts

10-02-2009
V.I.P.

Thank you for posting the link MMA. I wouldn't mind seeing julia on the cover .

10-02-2009
backstage pass

nymag.com just confirmed that Michelle Obama is on the March cover of US Vogue

10-02-2009
V.I.P.

Finally, it's confirmed: Michelle Obama is Vogue's March cover lady, only the second First Lady to grace the cover, after Hillary Clinton. The cover and images from the spread haven't leaked, but Michelle wears Jason Wu on the cover. The Washington Post reports:
In the cover photo, taken by Annie Leibovitz, Obama is leaning on a soft beige sofa at the Hay Adams Hotel, where the first family stayed days before the historic inauguration. Obama is wearing a magenta dress by designer Jason Wu, who designed her inaugural ball gown. Her hand rests under her chin. Her left hand folded beneath her. She is wearing a diamond that you do not often see her wearing in recent appearances.
Behind her, light streams in between curtains. It is the pose of the odalisque.
So he designed her inaugural gown and her Vogue cover gown. The man is on fire. Inside the magazine, Michelle wears a black dress by Narciso Rodriguez, who designed her controversial red-and-black Election Night dress. In that shot, she holds a phone up to her ear and appears to be on hold or listening, but not talking.
And there are those things, all too easily glossed over in fashion magazines, called words to go with the photographs. André Leon Talley penned the article about Michelle, who discusses, among other things, the challenges she faces as a mother in the White House. The Washington Post's DeNeen L. Brown notes the cover's cultural significance:
Even if you take race off the table, there is an awe of how this new administration can bring energy to the conversation around how beauty can intersect with power. And how power can be beauty. And how a black woman from the South Side of Chicago and with curves can become a symbol of beauty.
Amen. And we thought Fashion Week was the most exciting part of this week. This is all too much.
Michelle Obama to Grace Cover of Vogue Magazine

from nymag.com

10-02-2009
The future is stupid

here's the thread...

US Vogue March 2009 : Michelle Obama by Annie Leibovitz

10-02-2009
front row

Yes, any rumors on V or Nylon? I thought it was supposed to be out this week, right?

10-02-2009
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMagAddict View Post
If Michelle Obama isn't a done deal for US Vogue March... then I'm definitely agreeing with whomever said Julia Roberts as a possibility earlier in this thread. There's a nice article on her in today's New York Times.

The Return of Julia Roberts

You know what Julia deserves some mag love, she been quite low profile and i always loved her so it will be nice seeing her around again, someone posted a rumor that she is on the next Allure.

10-02-2009
trendsetter

^ I simply love Julia. That movie she did with Clive Owen looks pretty good. And she is surely much deserving of a Vogue cover.

10-02-2009
V.I.P.

i LOVED her in Stepmom

10-02-2009
trendsetter

I wonder why the preview for i-D had extra names

10-02-2009
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Dalloway View Post
You know what Julia deserves some mag love, she been quite low profile and i always loved her so it will be nice seeing her around again, someone posted a rumor that she is on the next Allure.
It was me. It isn't a rumour. It was in US weekly guide to March magazines that she would be on the Allure cover.

10-02-2009
front row

I totally agree. Her Allure cover is kind of boring, but it's a beauty mag. I think she would be wonderful on Vogue! Her Vanity Fair cover for 12/07 was gorgeous!

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#1, cover, rumor, thread