How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

10-02-2009
V.I.P.

okay, so maybe this was already said but who's supposed to be on VP this march? or atleast rumored to be? i really hope it's worth waiting for because suprisingly the best cover we've seen for any March edition of Vogue so far has been *gasp* Vogue Australia. maybe UK Vogue if you're a lily fan..but i feel as though all the Vogue covers haven't been much lately..

10-02-2009
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mchunu<3 View Post
okay, so maybe this was already said but who's supposed to be on VP this march? or atleast rumored to be? i really hope it's worth waiting for because suprisingly the best cover we've seen for any March edition of Vogue so far has been *gasp* Vogue Australia. maybe UK Vogue if you're a lily fan..but i feel as though all the Vogue covers haven't been much lately..
A few pages back, rumor has it that Iris has the cover for March... It was first mentioned in TI but a rumor is still a rumor

10-02-2009
trendsetter

Iris Strubegger, it seems
according to posts from the imagist
and at place models it said her cover will be released in March- i would assume they meant its the March cover, but yah never know

11-02-2009
V.I.P.

im so hating models.com which are always grab info from fashionspot and never place credits. guys, keep on working urself without free help of forum!

11-02-2009
V.I.P.

^ I absolutely agree!

They used to credit fashionspot, and wondered why they stopped doing it?
Do they think it's unnecessary now?

11-02-2009
V.I.P.

aha and by the way, its their work and they earn money for this!
also their copywriters use info and scans from here (which theyre credited from times to times in the past, but not now) and writing just another txt with the same content that on tfs... and an info from official sources is appearing right after it appears on tfs...suspiciously, not? guys, dont be so impudent!
and after someone blame tfspotters on placing watermarks on their scans... sorry, but i dont wanna do work instead people who s earn money for that!

i think mods should bring to notice that...

Last edited by Alien Sex Friend; 11-02-2009 at 06:28 AM.

11-02-2009
V.I.P.

Maybe the mods should consider making fashionspot
strictly for members to view, that would cut off a lot of unnecessary ripping of resources here

Last edited by surrealseven; 11-02-2009 at 06:55 AM.

11-02-2009
V.I.P.

i m pretty sure people from models.com are members so that wont save, but tfs for members only its reasonable from many standpoints

sorry for offtopic, but i dunno, where to discuss this question

11-02-2009
V.I.P.

dont know if its mentioned, but

Quote:
NEW YORK It's official: Michelle Obama is the first lady of American fashion, appearing on the cover of the March issue of Vogue.
us vogue for sure

yahoo news

11-02-2009
V.I.P.

Yes, there is already a thread for the issue

11-02-2009
trendsetter

Iris is definitely going to be on the cover of VP for March. There are too many sources confirming it for it not to be true. I cannot wait! I wonder which other models will be featured... Sigrid, Sessilee, Liu, Lakshmi?!?!

11-02-2009
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alien Sex Friend View Post
i m pretty sure people from models.com are members so that wont save, but tfs for members only its reasonable from many standpoints

sorry for offtopic, but i dunno, where to discuss this question
It's not only models.com, it's almost every other fashion website. I know fashionologie gets a lot of their information from here. Some of them credit, and some of them don't.

Though blocking non-members from the forums is a good idea, I kind of disagree with it because I too was once a non-member who simply only wanted to see the VP threads.

11-02-2009
V.I.P.

^thats almost always Vogue paris recent threads attacked by non-members, seems like its the most wanted mag!

11-02-2009
trendsetter

^It definitely is the most wanted and talked about magazine, hands down!

11-02-2009
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanels View Post
A few pages back, rumor has it that Iris has the cover for March... It was first mentioned in TI but a rumor is still a rumor
How many confirmations do you need? Well Iris herself even confirmed it I can tell you.

Models.com is sometimes questionnable but I don't think they get their infos from here. They just wait until they can release them and as fast and big tFS is we often got it earlier. But beside that we can also get many new stuff from there I would say. Luxx writes for them and sometimes provides scans from US Vogue and Harper's Bazaar and also theimagist writer Wayne works for models.com and I think he has to be the one who gives us the most and best clues even if we mostly speculate and only get the answer by the arriving of the actual news.

Scans though should be credited I agree. I hate scanning with a passion and no matter what quality they are the scanner deserves some credit for the pain. :p

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#1, cover, rumor, thread