How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

13-02-2009
V.I.P.

^ great!
Honestly, I would like that cover. After the new faces overload this season, I'm all for the tops cover (I don't even care which tops at this point...)

13-02-2009
front row

I was hoping for a "World's Next Top Models" type cover, but I wouldn't mind seeing Raquel, Natalia, Liya, or Natasha on the cover. At least they're models, and they are in the top tier.

My main hope however, is that if this turns out to not be true, and they do end up putting up-and-comers on the cover, that Anna Wintour realizes the chance she has. Instead of putting the 'token' minority girl, I hope that she realizes that Sessilee, Arlenis, Jourdan, Lakshmi, and Liu all deserve a spot.

Last edited by Lilli_Anita; 13-02-2009 at 03:22 PM.

13-02-2009
V.I.P.

Ok, now I got my hopes up! Thank you SO SO SOO much for sharing that!

13-02-2009
don't look down

The US Vogue multi-model cover, I'm not expecting anything other than a line-up of the models that you see getting praise in the magazine's own letters page, like Natalia Vodianova and Caroline Trentini. It's Anna's magazine and Anna's girls will probably turn up on the cover, regardless of who might be working with Meisel right now, and doing exciting work elsewhere.

However, given the magazine's recent change of editorial direction, we can at least hope to see more than one non-white face.

I would like to see a few newer girls on that cover, who are not firmly established US Vogue faces, but who are being tipped as solid models for the future - but that could be wishful thinking. We could simply be getting 'the old guard' brought together, but who knows, it could be a great cover.

13-02-2009
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by sethii View Post
Julia for VI would be an amazing surprise! I hope it's not Hilary.
Why not??? Many jornalists like me think can be her

13-02-2009
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnaBGD View Post
^ great!
Honestly, I would like that cover. After the new faces overload this season, I'm all for the tops cover (I don't even care which tops at this point...)
Part of me agrees with this,but then the other part of me thinks that the new faces will never become anything but new faces unless they get more covers. Although the sound of Raquel on a cover sounds quite good

13-02-2009
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinfairlie Jewel View Post
Why not??? Many jornalists like me think can be her
Well then...

It is possible because everything is with Vogue Italia and setthie simply said he doesn't want it to be Hilary regardless if she has chances or not.

Reading the comments on the imagist I think Carolyn Murphy sounds quite realistic.

Raquel? Mhm okay I like Raquel so this is okay. It's not fair but Raquel is a good model. Natasha was kind of predictable but if Natalia and Isaebeli end up on the cover and no one else to make up for that then I will not buy this.

The unexpected and debut hint still make me curious. Seems to be a mix of "old" and "new" kind of the stars of the moment and I have to admit that Natasha belongs to them.

13-02-2009
backstage pass

It'd be amazing a cover with new faces, sth like the prada's ad campaign! there are so many stunning new faces!!!
xx

13-02-2009
V.I.P.

I would honestly love an old stars US Vogue cover, I mean look at 1999 with the 'Models of the Millenium' cover with Naomi, Iman, Gisele etc... it makes sense.

I would love to see Jourdan, Arlenis, Anna-Maria J, Karlie etc. on a cover but honestly it hasn't been enough time for them and I doubt any journalist could find enough interesting information to rustle up about Meisel's Prada girls for a 5,000 word article.

But we'll see

13-02-2009
trendsetter

I think a cover with mixed established nad newbies would be nice.
But I hope it isn't a fold out cover, the minority models always seem to get put on the inside fold, like Liya and Chanel.

14-02-2009
fashion icon

any news on the march nylon cover?

14-02-2009
tfs star

Hope this is not a repost

Quote:
Eight Models for May 2009 Vogue Cover, Including Raquel Zimmermann and Natasha Poly

>> That May 2008 Vogue multiple model cover featuring "today's best models" that will be published just in time for this year's model-themed Costume Institute Gala? It looks like we've got some names — and a number. Brazil's RG Vogue reports that eight lucky girls will be featured on the cover — and they've already got five models attached: Raquel Zimmermann (who other sources have confirmed), Natalia Vodianova, Liya Kebede — all Vogue favorites — plus Natasha Poly and Isabeli Fontana.

My best guess for the remaining three? Kate Moss has to be somewhere in there — she is co-chairing the Gala, after all, and then there's the "unexpected choice" that The Imagist hinted at, who's never been in Vogue at all — a clue that doesn't apply to any of the aforementioned. As for the third unknown, no clues whatsoever.
fashionologie

14-02-2009
V.I.P.

It's sounds exciting!

14-02-2009
French Chic

It does Could the unexpected choice be Lara Stone.

14-02-2009
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nastassia View Post
Hope this is not a repost

fashionologie
Don't be fooled people

That is just a translation of previous post from the Brazilllian models source we're talking about, it's the same.

Fashionologie typically gets a lot of info from here, i don't want to read that blog

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#1, cover, rumor, thread