How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

15-02-2009
V.I.P.

Daria for VI sounds too good to be true!

15-02-2009
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnaBGD View Post
Daria for VI sounds too good to be true!
indeed!!

15-02-2009
V.I.P.

I hope it's like the September 2004 cover, with three pages of cover. Then you can see all the models' faces properly.

And if the cover of US Vogue is indeed shot by Meisel (is it? ). It would make even more sence if Daria shot with him for VI because she will probably appear on this cover as well.

15-02-2009
V.I.P.

Do you guys think Poly is a sure bet at this point? I think she most probably will be included, since appearing in the last two issues............

15-02-2009
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Dalloway View Post
Do you guys think Poly is a sure bet at this point? I think she most probably will be included, since appearing in the last two issues............
I think she definitely will be there, like you said, she was in the last two issues and in an ed with Raquel and Isabeli, who are rumored to be on the cover as well.

15-02-2009
V.I.P.

I think so too

And btw, TI hinted one girl could make her debut on the cover. BUT did they know Anna Selezneva and Edita would make their debut on US Vogue this month? If not, it may be one of them.

15-02-2009
trendsetter

Sasha has to be on the cover. And the "surprise" girl is probably Anna Selezneva.

As for VI, there is nothing surprising about Daria. She never really took a break. From Meisel, yes, but not from fashion. But it is probably her.

15-02-2009
trendsetter

www.fashion-iconography.net
I hope they do something like this with a 3-4 page fold-out. I would love to see models form let's say, the Supers to Brazilians to Easter Europeans to African-Americans (blacks) to the top 90's top 00's models to the current, all together. It makes perfect sense for the up-coming MET gala. It's gonna be all about the models this year.

Last edited by Franzy; 15-02-2009 at 08:19 PM.

15-02-2009
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIs View Post
I agree so much. I said this in the most recent I-D magazine thread about how Brits do it all the time for their models. I wish American magazines did do that too because it's tough for all those girls when they have no support even in their own country.

And I'm saying this even though I dislike pretty much all the 'big' American models these days.
I was just thinking this as well. The Americans do not support like the Brittish. The only American girls that have been "US Vogue" girls are Hilary Rhoda, Chanel Iman (Maybe Kloss and Stephens). While the rest are Brazilian(Trentini, Zimmerman, Giselle, Fontana) Canadian (Rocha, Stam, Werbowy) Australian (Ward, McNeil) or Brittish (Campbell, Moss, Dunn, Elson, Deyn, Donaldson etc.) or from Europe (Poli, Pivovarova, Doutzen,)

15-02-2009
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by vavavinny View Post
Oh, and Sasha definitely deserves a spot on the Vogue cover. So hopefully she is one of the 8... I REALLY hope they don't put Agyness on it, although it is a possibility, as she seems to be in the magazine a lot more than she should be, which is never lol..
Sasha and Agyness were both on the last multi-girl cover for US Vogue... If anything, as much as I love Sasha, I want a new cast of different girls for this new one, even if rumor has it that Raquel's on it...

That said, Daria or Sasha for VI would be fantastic

Last edited by chanels; 15-02-2009 at 11:17 PM.

16-02-2009
V.I.P.

Hmmmm Coco won't be there, surely Caroline will be there. I hope they can squeeze Jagodzisnka on the cover

16-02-2009
congratulations, nerds.

I think the surprise girl for Vogue US is Lara. But I don't know if Anna would use someone who is so clearly Vogue Paris. But, if they're including the top models of the moment, they really should include Lara.

Also, the cosmetics queen for VI, Erin Wasson? She's certainly an icon, and she really hasn't had much work apart from a few i-D editorials recently.

16-02-2009
trendsetter

if Meisel is shooting the US Vogue the surprise model might be either Anna Jagodzinska or ... cause i love her and i was have a fit if it was ... Edita Vilkeviciute.

16-02-2009
trendsetter

A prolific Black model for Alexandra Shulman-helmed UK Vogue in upcoming months.

* Alec Wek - Mariaclara Boscono - Natasha Poly - Karen Elson - Sascha P*

16-02-2009
fashion insider

Naomi

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#1, cover, rumor, thread