How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

19-02-2009
backstage pass

Vogue were making such progress. Now back to Kidman

19-02-2009
V.I.P.

^^I honestly do not get it, i like her, and think she is a tremendous talent, and has great style.However why the overkill at Vogue? I guess she truly is one of their best sellers, but what will she possibly tallk about in the interview?We have heared it all before, many times, yawn.

19-02-2009
V.I.P.

GQ STYLE ISSUE 8 PREVIEW

[photo taken by vogue28 from LOVE Spring/Summer 2009]

On sale 19th March.

19-02-2009
trendsetter

Nicole gets a Vogue cover at least once a year. It's like a tradition... At least Anna is using a variety of models!

And if she puts Jessica Biel on the cover, I may hyperventilate (in a bad way). Is she TRYING to be Elle!?!

It sounds like she's trying to target a younger audience.

19-02-2009
V.I.P.

I hope Jessica Biel will not be on the cover of US Vogue, that would be terrible seriously!

19-02-2009
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Dalloway View Post
^^I honestly do not get it, i like her, and think she is a tremendous talent, and has great style.However why the overkill at Vogue? I guess she truly is one of their best sellers, but what will she possibly tallk about in the interview?We have heared it all before, many times, yawn.
I like Nicole too she is a great actress but has been box office poison lately.
I think Anna has her favs. Knightley, Paltrow and Kidman her trio that are nearly all guaranteed a cover every year/year and a half. This will be Nicole's 7th Vogue cover
1.June 99
2.Dec 00
3.Sept 03
4.May 04
5.Oct 06
6.July 08
7. 2009
I can see Paltrow scoring her 7th cover this year. And after Reese's cover selling the best in 2008 I am sure she will be thrown into the mix too!

19-02-2009
V.I.P.

^^That is just silly, so many other actresses who could and should have gotten a turn instead of her.There is also RZ she has several covers aswell,Anna was bascially using a dozen women for the last 15 years again and over again, i thought this year that came to an end, guess not.

19-02-2009
French Chic

^^Another year and same old, same old..........boring in the extreme and yeah please find some new actresses if this is the way it is gonna stay.

19-02-2009
fashion insider

Well Vogue is beginning to suck again... can I say suck? Is there any news about Vogue Russia March? Maybe the March issue is Snejana on the cover, since she wasn't in the last issue.

19-02-2009
scenester

Is is possible that it's just a feature but not the Vogue cover? Has it been confirmed that it's a cover? What movie would Nicole be promoting?

19-02-2009
fashion insider

Nicole Kidman....Jessica Biel....? REALLY?
Maybe the credit crunch is hitting harder than we thought!

19-02-2009
V.I.P.

^^It really looks like its a cover shot, because Leibovitz photographed her, and Goodman styled.I also doubt a star of her caliber would agree to anything less, specially considering her history with Vogue.

I'm pretty sure its for Nine though, last year she was on July cover, and Australia wasnt out until mid November, and now Nine is slated for a November release aswell, i just thought Vogue might do something special for the movie, like they did for Chicago, and feature more than one star on the cover.Its a very "Vogue" movie, Kidman plays a movie star, while Hudson a Vogue reporter.

19-02-2009
don't look down

I don't mind the idea that Nicole is a longstanding collaborator with US Vogue, she's still going strong in her career, doing indie stuff and blockbusters, and she has the right body frame for fashion.

I haven't been keen on every cover she's done - most have been 'safe' while one or two have been downright odd (frizzy hair), but some have been adventurous - the Moulin Rouge 'vampire in the room' cover from Dec 2000, which was an overload of red, and the May 2004 one, where it was a shot of her back to the camera, with hardly any cover text.

So if they do something with her, it might be OK.

Last edited by tigerrouge; 19-02-2009 at 06:53 PM.

19-02-2009
trendsetter

What relevance does Nicole have, or Jessica?
But then again this is US Vogue, so relevance doesn't really count for anything.

19-02-2009
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VogueParisLover View Post
Well Vogue is beginning to suck again... can I say suck? Is there any news about Vogue Russia March? Maybe the March issue is Snejana on the cover, since she wasn't in the last issue.
LOL, I've been checking their website every day for the last two weeks now. Shouldn't it be out already?

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#1, cover, rumor, thread