How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

06-03-2009
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaunaApell View Post
Ew Katherine Hiegl? The bitch who doesn't shut up? Beyonce does one important thing for fashion: sends the message the girls who have curves can look amazing.
Beyonce looks amazing? Is there a picture of her I havent seen or something?

06-03-2009
V.I.P.

and nothing about Harper's Bazaar US ?

06-03-2009
The future is stupid

Quote:
Originally Posted by XavierRaphael View Post
Beyonce looks amazing? Is there a picture of her I havent seen or something?
You've already made it quite clear you don't care for Beyonce... so why don't you just step off for now.

TIA

I agree w/what tigerrouge said about Alexandra S. Thanks for posting that tigerrouge

06-03-2009
fashion insider

That obvious eh

06-03-2009
V.I.P.

I'd rather see musicians than actresses on magazine cover, they just have so much more weight and are so much more intriguing in my eyes. Just not Katy Perry........I'd rather have New York on the cover of Vogue Italia (now THAT would be a fierce joke ) than Katy Perry on US Vogue.

I'm kind of over Beyonce.....but I used to love her when she was in Destiny's Child, and I feel her time for a cover is well overdue, the Shape Issue is perfect for her curvy figure.

06-03-2009
trendsetter

Didn't Adele shoot for Vogue? Maybe she's on the cover, especially for the Shape issue. That would be much better than Beyonce or that terrible Katherine Heigle.

06-03-2009
trendsetter

I read Adele shot for US Vogue too

cover would be nice.

06-03-2009
front row

I personally think its strange that Beyonce hasnt had a Vogue cover yet. Like her on not (Im indifferent) but she is one of the biggest stars in the world and one of the most powerful people in the entertainment industry. Plus, like it or not she is known for her style and wears a lot of couture to different events, people always always pay attention to what she wears. So I would say that she doesnt do anything for fashion.

06-03-2009
don't look down

Yes, it feels like she's been on every cover but Vogue.

I don't mind the idea, if the Vogue team gets to do something interesting with her. I don't want it to end up as an extended advert for the House of Dereon, with Beyonce having creative control of what outfit we see on the cover. I want to be surprised by what I see.

Last edited by tigerrouge; 06-03-2009 at 06:57 PM.

06-03-2009
trendsetter

Beyonce would not surprise me if she will be on the cover of US Vogue. I just hope she would look interesting and not boring. Remember, US Vogue is CHANGING. She would also be perfect for the Shape Issue because of her curves.

06-03-2009
V.I.P.

Naomi Campbell was recently on the cover of Evening Standard Fashion issue and in her interview she talked about her schedule and it mentions that she had been booked for a "top-secret" shoot with 28 other models.

standardonline.newspaperdirect.com via ferry coal

Anything she's involved in is bound to be major, i do wonder what it was for?.

The magazine came out on the 19th of February so the interview + shoot must have taken place at least 4 weeks prior to it being on sale.

Last edited by J'ador-DioR; 06-03-2009 at 08:26 PM.

06-03-2009
trendsetter

28 models?
Wow... I can't even begin to hypothesize

06-03-2009
trendsetter

In 2005/6, there were MANY multiple model editorials in VP. I remember the September 2005 issue where there was a 30 page spread with a different model on every page. Maybe it is for VP? That would be amazing. And since Naomi is featured, it could be a dedication to the models of the 1990's. They have been popping up everywhere, after all....

06-03-2009
The future is stupid

Quote:
Originally Posted by J'ador-DioR View Post
Naomi Campbell was recently on the cover of Evening Standard Fashion issue and in her interview she talked about her schedule and it mentions that she had been booked for a "top-secret" shoot with 28 other models.
Maybe a shoot to coincide with the Model as Muse [1947-1997] exhibit coming up at the Met Costume Institute.

I realize some of these women have passed... but here's a list of a few models they plan to feature at the exhibit... and Naomi Campbell should certainly be included.

Nadja Auermann, Naomi Campbell, Janice Dickinson, Dovima, Linda Evangelista, Lisa Fonssagrives, Jerry Hall, Shalom Harlow, Sunny Harnett, Lauren Hutton, Iman, Dorian Leigh, Peggy Moffitt, Kate Moss, Suzy Parker, Jean Shrimpton, Christy Turlington, Twiggy, Amber Valletta, and Veruschka.

07-03-2009
trendsetter

^That's definitely a possibility. But that would mean it would be for American Vogue. The other Vogues aren't really involved with the Met gala. I'm very curious now!

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#1, cover, rumor, thread