How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

16-03-2009
fashion insider

Thats great, Im happy for Anna J!

16-03-2009
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by XavierRaphael View Post
I'm sure my source wouldnt have left her out. But we'll see
I hope Lara is not there, she is completly wrong for US Vogue, she is so much more Vogue Paris.
Oh come on we've got to get American women to start understanding that type of beauty.

16-03-2009
fashion icon

Well they're all Meisel girls so can we assume he'll be shooting the cover? I'm kind of disappointed about Anna J, whereas she did explode last season, she doesn't have longevity written all over her, as soon as Meisel and CK drop her I doubt we'll see her everywhere, she may fall as fast as she rose (or is that re-rose). In that way I think Karlie or Catherine deserve the cover as I feel their careers will surpass Anna's. Good timing for her none the less and this come back is gonna go down in history.

Thus I guess girls like Anja, Catherine and Freja wont have the holy grail cover no matter how hard they work because they're just not Meisel's models.

Last edited by carmen_kass; 16-03-2009 at 04:17 PM.

16-03-2009
fashion insider

Yeah, I would love to see more American girls on the cover, Karlie! Or even Canadian TARYN!!

16-03-2009
trendsetter

I wouldn't be surprised if Lara was on the cover. After the April issue, I am convinced Anna is trying to make her magazine hipper and more like VP. Unless it is someone like Kinga, she has never been in US Vogue and Meisel just shot for VI, or one of the members of the ubiquitous Brit posse... But it's probably Lara, she's a modern generation icon. The only thing is, Meisel is not known for working with Lara. I don't even know if he has ever shot her. And if he has, it has only been once or twice... So it may be a little odd if he just all of sudden shoots her for a cover of US Vogue, especially if she has never been in the magazine before.

Last edited by vavavinny; 16-03-2009 at 05:05 PM.

16-03-2009
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XavierRaphael View Post
Yeah, I would love to see more American girls on the cover, Karlie! Or even Canadian TARYN!!
Correction, AN AMERICAN GIRL ON THE COVER. None of the ones mentioned are American (Liya, Natasha, Nataliya, Isabeli, Raquel, Caroline, Jourdan, Anna, Lara). I can't believe they have 9 girls on the cover and they can't find a spot for at least ONE American girl. I HATE Anna for this more than for the other crap she does with the magazines (only actress on the cover, only same 3 models in every ed, etc). It's an American freaking magazine, help out some of your own girls. It's not like there are no American girls 'worthy' enough. Heck, I dislike her very much, but Karlie deserves to be there more than Jourdan. It's no wonder there are so few American girls breaking out each season, they have the hate force working against them that is Anna.

16-03-2009
fashion icon

Meisel worked with Lara a lot in 2007, several editorials and one Cover at least. So she is a Meisel girl technically. The only thing I think is wrong with the situation is that there was a rumour a girl got cut for a certain editorial, and Lara has made her career on "those" kind of editorials. Lara is more of a Carine Roitfeld girl, and if The Devil Wear Prada has taught me anything, Anna hates Carine!

Last edited by carmen_kass; 16-03-2009 at 05:13 PM.

16-03-2009
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmen_kass View Post
Meisel worked with Lara a lot in 2007, several editorials and one Cover at least. So she is a Meisel girl technically.
Oops, my bad lol. That's right, she was in VI a lot in 2007! It would make the most sense if she made the cover.

16-03-2009
trendsetter

I would not be surprised to see Karlie on the cover. Not at all.

16-03-2009
fashion icon

^Do you know something we don't??

16-03-2009
fashion insider

Karlie has been in every issue since January.

16-03-2009
trendsetter

Karlie definitely deserves a spot on the cover. Lara on the cover just makes zero sense. She is NOT American Vogue. I'll actually be a little irritated if she is on the cover, simply because she is so associated with being a VP girl. Anna really has no business embracing her all of a sudden. Someone like Karlie or Chanel Iman deserves a spot instead.

Or maybe Edita V. She is Karl Lagerfeld's latest muse, and we all know that Karl and Anna are bffs.

Last edited by vavavinny; 16-03-2009 at 05:27 PM.

16-03-2009
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmen_kass View Post
^Do you know something we don't??
Nah, I wish.
But she fits perfectly, non? She has been in many recent US Vogues, she is American, she is young and fresh, but still established, and she just had a solo edit in the mag.

16-03-2009
trendsetter

I was wrong. Scarlett is on the April issue of VP. It's confirmed here: http://edition.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/eu...gue.recession/

16-03-2009
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vavavinny View Post
I was wrong. Scarlett is on the April issue of VP. It's confirmed here: http://edition.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/eu...gue.recession/
Thanks for posting the link. I can't wait to receive the mag!

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#1, cover, rumor, thread