How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Visualizing Fashion / Magazines
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

16-03-2009
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vavavinny View Post
I was wrong. Scarlett is on the April issue of VP. It's confirmed here: http://edition.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/eu...gue.recession/
I'm not even gonna pretend that its not disappointing, thought it would be May and we would get a model cover before that.And with May being Cannes issue, it will probably be another celeb cover, i just hope they go with a French actress, surely Cotillard or Tautou would be considered.

16-03-2009
V.I.P.

All these damn celeb covers.. first Vogue Italia, then Vogue Russia..now Vogue Paris selling out too..ugh!
ETA: is it just me or are we getting more celeb covers than usual lately? it's really getting worse and happening all too often now! even with international issues of Vogue! that's why i stopped paying so much attention to US Vogue. It almost feels like they're following in US Vogues footsteps..soon we'll have all in studio editorials

Last edited by Mchunu; 16-03-2009 at 06:20 PM.

16-03-2009
V.I.P.

Yay for Anna J's confirmation! Amazing cast for the cover of US Vogue!

Does anybody know if it's a 2 or a 3 pages foldout?

16-03-2009
fashion insider

Tautou will probably get the May cover, Coco avant Chanel comes out then if im not mistaken.

16-03-2009
V.I.P.

InStyle April 2009 is Salma Hayek
in Gucci

16-03-2009
clever ain't wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandinha View Post
I've searched three pages and didn't find any info about the two mystery girls of Vogue US May so here goes the full list: Kebede, Trentini, Vodianova, Poly, Dunn, Zimmermann, Fontana, Lara Stone and Anna J.

I suppose the fresh face is Lara?
If this is correct, the only one that is the real supermodel of the moment is Lara. Isabeli still has it of course, and all of them (with the exception of Lara) are true and tried US Vogue editorial models. I sure hope Lara gets a central position....

16-03-2009
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mchunu<3 View Post
All these damn celeb covers.. first Vogue Italia, then Vogue Russia..now Vogue Paris selling out too..ugh!
ETA: is it just me or are we getting more celeb covers than usual lately? it's really getting worse and happening all too often now! even with international issues of Vogue! that's why i stopped paying so much attention to US Vogue. It almost feels like they're following in US Vogues footsteps..soon we'll have all in studio editorials
There have definietly been even more celeb covers recently, and not surprising editors are turning even more than ever towards famous women to sell their issues in these times.But hey, isnt it ironic that we are getting a multi model cover from US Vogue next month? There is at least that.

16-03-2009
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Dalloway View Post
I'm not even gonna pretend that its not disappointing, thought it would be May and we would get a model cover before that.And with May being Cannes issue, it will probably be another celeb cover, i just hope they go with a French actress, surely Cotillard or Tautou would be considered.
I'm very disappointed too. I was hoping they would give us a model cover for April. In an article, though, Carine talks about the recession and being frugal, so I guess that means more celebrities being put on the cover... Alls I have to say is that the contents better be full of models. I hope VP and US Vogue don't get into a Freaky Friday incident and switch personalities! But I really don't think Carine is just going to all of a sudden start putting celebrity after celebrity on the cover. She'd probably put marketable supermodels like Kate and Cindy on the cover before she resorted to constant celebrities.

Scarlett looks great on the cover and I surely hope the editorials inside have the signature VP magic touch. Tautou will probably be on for May to promote the Chanel film, or maybe Marion Cotillard or Penelope Cruz for Nine. We shall see!

Last edited by vavavinny; 16-03-2009 at 07:44 PM.

16-03-2009
front row

Watch, everyone will be wrong about the multi-girl cover. I hope Sessilee gets it.

16-03-2009
fashion insider

^ I hope Tautou, seeing as how she got the role of Coco Chanel, she is definitely a good contender for the cover. I do hope it's a model though...

16-03-2009
trendsetter

I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that both Anna J and Edita will be on it, considering they are getting credited with bringing beauty back lol, well imo

so I hope and wait.

16-03-2009
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmen_kass View Post
^Oh ok thanks very much! I'm happy she's got that coming up, btw does she just have an ed inside or the cover as well?
Welcome! She said she doesn't know if she has the cover yet... or at least that's what she told me. I hope she lands the cover, it would be long awaited!

16-03-2009
V.I.P.

well i for one wo uld love to see this Audrey Tautou actress on the cover..i didn't know who she was but i googled her and wow..she looks lovely and she's someone i'm unfamiliar with so i'd much prefer her than another American "starlet".

16-03-2009
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by XavierRaphael View Post
Yeah, I would love to see more American girls on the cover, Karlie! Or even Canadian TARYN!!

American fashion media is lazy and a big failure in creating an American brand of models. They are just following trends now, putting VP girls and Meisel's girls into Vogue making Vogue US a weird hybrid of both. And they are nowhere in the league of British fashion media who moved heaven and earth to shove the likes of Eliza and Daisy down everybody's throats.

16-03-2009
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by yalil View Post
American fashion media is lazy and a big failure in creating an American brand of models. They are just following trends now, putting VP girls and Meisel's girls into Vogue making Vogue US a weird hybrid of both. And they are nowhere in the league of British fashion media who moved heaven and earth to shove the likes of Eliza and Daisy down everybody's throats.
I disagree with all of that completely. Vogue US is 80% American people, maybe not American models but American socials, musicians, actors, actresses, theater stars, television stars. I disagree strongly that US Vogue is a hybrid, they are completely their own brand. But I wont go into that.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#1, cover, rumor, thread